Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Apathy

2»

Comments

• Fans apathy during the Michael Glikstein era was born by lack of ambition by the club, thus fans drifted away causing our slow painful demise. A club may not have money but if it shows ambition its fan base will remain loyal.
  • Charlton Apathetic
  • edited January 2015
    Bring back the opera singer.

She looked lovely in that figure hugging red dress.

• Wish I hadn't bothered, that was shocking
  • Well, I think ..ohhhhhhhh.
  • 'Meh' sums it up perfectly for me. Went to my last game today (been going for the last 10 years) before moving to vancouver - thought I'd be gutted but just don't really feel strongly either way.
    I think that's dangerous for the club if more people are falling towards the 'take it or leave it' attitude.
  • I'm closer to anger that I was before today as the team didn't really look like the gave a shyte. But the overwhelming atmosphere all around the ground was definitely "meh". Season Ticket renewals will be fascinating.
  • I'm so apathetic to this team at the moment that even we concede it doesn't annoy me like it used to. That can't be right.

I know the feeling. It's become a shrug of the shoulders and an "oh well". As you say, that can't be right :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

I haven't been to The Valley since 21st October v Bolton, I have a ST but I'm not missing it & I'm currently not fussed if I go again - is it just me or does anyone else have this feeling? I find myself on here all the time still so I haven't lost the love, I just don't enjoy going to Football anymore!

Feel similar. I'm still going but I get no enjoyment at all from it. Even earlier in the season when we started so well I just didn't care that much, it feels to me like our identity has been eroded under Duchatelet. Sad times.
    Very much with you on this one pal. Hate feeling this way but I can't help it.
  • @seth plum‌ That's how much of an ultra I am!
  • There's nothing i'd rather do on a saturday afternoon than watch football

Or Michelle keegan
  • Can only speak for myself here obviously and I'm likely to be in a small minority of one!
    At the start of the season I found myself not quite able to buy into the brave new dawn that was being heralded, and partly for other reasons as well I have only attended a handful of games so far. I was hoping that by giving it some time away it might rekindle the old fire.
    So humming " I will survive" I embarked upon many hours of catching up on those little jobs round the house and visiting well known furniture stores to look at shelves and storage units. Yes I was living the dream. Well my wife's anyway.
    I even began to believe that I could do without Charlton, sometimes I would remember the good times and the laughs, but maybe it was just over.
    I had tickets for Boxing Day, would it be a bit embarrassing, uncomfortable, as I noted the attractive new facelift but felt nothing inside?
    It was a good reunion, exciting even at the time, but I thought well you know maybe go to a few more games, now and again, for old times' sake
    But I must confess. Secretly I'm hooked again. I know the football is pretty shit at the moment, and a win seems about as distant as the sun, but stuff the tidying up the loft and reorganising the garden equipment I want back in.
    What I am trying to say in my meandering way, is that at least for me, the apathy only lasted a while, my interest has genuinely renewed at a time when sanity suggests storage solution systems may edge the entertainment value.
    Strange thing but there it is.
    COYR

• 3blokes said:

Can only speak for myself here obviously and I'm likely to be in a small minority of one!
    At the start of the season I found myself not quite able to buy into the brave new dawn that was being heralded, and partly for other reasons as well I have only attended a handful of games so far. I was hoping that by giving it some time away it might rekindle the old fire.
    So humming " I will survive" I embarked upon many hours of catching up on those little jobs round the house and visiting well known furniture stores to look at shelves and storage units. Yes I was living the dream. Well my wife's anyway.
    I even began to believe that I could do without Charlton, sometimes I would remember the good times and the laughs, but maybe it was just over.
    I had tickets for Boxing Day, would it be a bit embarrassing, uncomfortable, as I noted the attractive new facelift but felt nothing inside?
    It was a good reunion, exciting even at the time, but I thought well you know maybe go to a few more games, now and again, for old times' sake
    But I must confess. Secretly I'm hooked again. I know the football is pretty shit at the moment, and a win seems about as distant as the sun, but stuff the tidying up the loft and reorganising the garden equipment I want back in.
    What I am trying to say in my meandering way, is that at least for me, the apathy only lasted a while, my interest has genuinely renewed at a time when sanity suggests storage solution systems may edge the entertainment value.
    COYR

Maybe Roly should sponsor us all to spend a few week-ends doing DIY, sorting out the loft insulation and going to IKEA with the Mrs. just so we can re-kindle the Charlton fire.

• edited January 2015
    Well he could Grumpy there are some really amazing deals in the sales at the moment on boxed wall units ;-)
    I still do not know about Roly and where it will all lead, and if this is progress, consolidation, impending implosion or whatever, I have just got the interest back which seemed to be fading away. It's our club, it's what we've followed and believed in, and sometimes you have to be away from it for a while to know what it means to you.
  • I don't know.

Sounds stupid not knowing whether or not apathy is affecting your love (lack of) for Charlton.

However for various family reasons the last Charlton match I saw was Ipswich at home.

I have not missed it at all, despite being a long term season ticket holder.

The question I cannot answer is have I not missed it because I know I've had far more important things to contend with and resolve or have I not missed it because I've lost interest and don't care or a combination of the two?
  • You've not missed it because of this. Keep your pecker up.
    Hope you're back soon.
    LenGlover said:

I

The question I cannot answer is have I not missed it because I know I've had far more important things to contend with and resolve

• edited January 2015
    3blokes said:

Can only speak for myself here obviously and I'm likely to be in a small minority of one!
    COYR

THIS !

Would make a great advertisement when the sale of 2015-16 season tickets go on sale.

Have a inkling they may not exactly fly off the shelves especially if a recent post suggesting increase in prices is true.

Well done 3blokes ! You KNOW it makes sense !

( Presume you are still taking the tablets )