Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP interview with Bikey (Desperately need signings, arguments in dressing room etc)

2»

Comments

• AND FINALLY... (from BBC website)
    Netherlands international midfielder Demy de Zeeuw, 31, has posted an advert on business social networking site LinkedIn in an attempt to find a club. He was released by Belgian side Anderlecht in the summer. (Metro)

We're desperate for a midfielder, he' desperate for a game .. get him signed up Roland ((:>)

Demy Patrick René de Zeeuw (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈdeːmi də ˈzeːu̯]; born 26 May 1983 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands) is a Dutch footballer who last played for Belgian Pro League club Anderlecht [2] and the Netherlands national football team. He is a defensive midfielder described as a good tackler and a gifted passer of the ball. He previously played for AGOVV, Go Ahead Eagles, AZ and AFC Ajax. While at AZ he was a key player in the squad that won the 2008–09 Dutch league, the club's first championship victory in 28 years. Following this success he transferred to Ajax, with whom he won the 2009–10 Dutch Cup, and the 2010–11 Dutch league title.

Nah, not good enough for us

: - )
    Not tall enough only 5'8'' and a bit. :-0
  • Doesn't sound like a happy ship?
  • The bit where he says 'the manager has to understand' gives the impression that The players don't have faith and he's potentially lost the dressing room. That, to me is not good

I didn't read it like that.

I read it as "Bob has to understand that we as players will voice our opinion and will disagree with you as manager sometime when things aren't going well".

I read it in the context of the players wanting to go 3 - 4- 2 at HT v Ipswich and getting their way. And it worked.

Impossible to say if I'm right or you or neither of us but it is such a short phrase it is hard to be totally clear.
    Do we have players who can't count ???

we didn't have a player sent off against Ipswich.

Good move against Cardiff thou. (:>

• I've heard and I can't reveal my source that we don't have a squad big enough to play a full 11 v 11 practice match. Some of the senior pros are being asked to cover two positions instead of one and allegedly once Jackson was playing centre, left midfield and full back. Just what I heard.
  • I've heard and I can't reveal my source that we don't have a squad big enough to play a full 11 v 11 practice match. Some of the senior pros are being asked to cover two positions instead of one and allegedly once Jackson was playing centre, left midfield and full back. Just what I heard.

Is your mate's name Heinz by any chance, SHG ?

• edited January 2015

I've heard and I can't reveal my source that we don't have a squad big enough to play a full 11 v 11 practice match. Some of the senior pros are being asked to cover two positions instead of one and allegedly once Jackson was playing centre, left midfield and full back. Just what I heard.

Is your mate's name Heinz by any chance, SHG ?

Variety is the spice of life Fanny. Heinz 57 varieties...............I'll get my coat. :-)
  • cafcfan said:

Poor lamb. He's had to run about a bit for 90 minutes five times each month since the beginning of August: he must be absolutely knackered.

Thats not exactly fair.

Over half way through the season and hes played pretty much every game. Its not unusual to feel fatigue, especially when you are a physical defender like he is. Mentally knowing you have nobody to full back on should you pick up a knock etc is probably having an effect on his form as well.
  • cafcfan said:

Poor lamb. He's had to run about a bit for 90 minutes five times each month since the beginning of August: he must be absolutely knackered.

Thats not exactly fair.

Over half way through the season and hes played pretty much every game. Its not unusual to feel fatigue, especially when you are a physical defender like he is. Mentally knowing you have nobody to full back on should you pick up a knock etc is probably having an effect on his form as well.
    Agreed. Knowing that there is no realistic competition for your place in the team does little to keep mind and body focussed either.
  • Whenever I have seen Bikey this season he's been outstanding, the same can be said for our first choice defence, including Henderson in goal. Obviously, the problem is the lack of quality back up when injuries and suspensions happen.
    Bikey has in the past had a bit of a problem with a volatile temper but seems to have had that under control during his time with us, long may that last. What he needs is support and encouragement.
    Bikey is thirty years old on Thursday 8th, still young for a central defender. Let's all wish him the very best, a happy birthday, many more years with CAFC and a few new playmates to help him out for the rest of the season and for seasons to come
  • Whenever I have seen Bikey this season he's been outstanding, the same can be said for our first choice defence, including Henderson in goal. Obviously, the problem is the lack of quality back up when injuries and suspensions happen.
    Bikey has in the past had a bit of a problem with a volatile temper but seems to have had that under control during his time with us, long may that last. What he needs is support and encouragement.
    Bikey is thirty years old on Thursday 8th, still young for a central defender. Let's all wish him the very best, a happy birthday, many more years with CAFC and a few new playmates to help him out for the rest of the season and for seasons to come

30 years old on Thursday? You sure?
  • Sponsored links:

so it says on Wikipedia.
  • All dressing rooms have these fights arguments and discussions all healthy not a negative, the only difference now is that we get hear it, the conversation maybe shouldn't come out, but as fans you should want to hear it,
  • MrLargo said:

Whenever I have seen Bikey this season he's been outstanding, the same can be said for our first choice defence, including Henderson in goal. Obviously, the problem is the lack of quality back up when injuries and suspensions happen.

so it says on Wikipedia.
    To paraphrase what our good friend Henry Irving said on another thread "if it's on Wikipedia it must be true!"!
  • MrLargo said:

cafcfan said:

Thats not exactly fair.

Agreed. Knowing that there is no realistic competition for your place in the team does little to keep mind and body focussed either.
    There was but we let him go for nothing.

Sorry, I'll move on.
  • edited January 2015
    And see mate that's where the open and honest dressing room reports would've told us about the angst amongst players before last years third Rd tie
  • MrLargo said:

cafcfan said:

Thats not exactly fair.

Sorry, I'll move on.
    Indeed. Unbelievable decision which makes no sense whatsoever either from a footballing or business point of view.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

cafcfan said:

Thats not exactly fair.

Sorry, I'll move on.
    Indeed. Unbelievable decision which makes no sense whatsoever either from a footballing or business point of view.
    Cant understand the business side, but from a footballing perspective i would presume MM wasn't happy being back-up and we couldn't guarantee him consistent first team football.
  • I think it's about kermy mate not mozza
  • Try working in sales when the the figures are down on a year ago despite working your nuts off.
    When the boss came over from abroad i had some great rows, mainly because being born with a soapbox
    under my feet, i have to speak my mind.

As for the saying a "manager has lost the dressing room" anyone not in the first team will not be a fan of the manager.

The problem at cafc is players who are in the 1st team seem to have issues.

Like others have said i don't want the players to be content when we are having a bad run.
  • I wonder how much this is an orchestrated piece that Bob is fully aware of designed to put pressure on RD.
  • Sponsored links:

Presumed it was about MM as he would be competition for Bikey.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

cafcfan said:

Thats not exactly fair.

Sorry, I'll move on.
    Cant understand the business side, but from a footballing perspective i would presume MM wasn't happy being back-up and we couldn't guarantee him consistent first team football.
    I get where you're coming from, but the quotes I saw from Morrison referred to Charlton having made it pretty clear that he didn't have a future there. Whilst I'm sure he was disappointed not to be in the team, that's part and parcel of being a professional sometimes, you have to be willing to accept that you might have to bide your time and then take your chance when it comes. It seemed to me that Morrison had been told that he wouldn't be getting a chance. All very bizaare, particularly having tied him to a new contract in the summer.
  • Having watched the interview on cafcPlayer, in my opinion Bikey's comment comes across more as an illustration of how frustrated the players felt at themselves for underperforming. The whole interview he sounds absolutely gutted at the Blackburn result, and was trying to explain that the players were really unhappy to lose... rather than a hint at some sort of wider mutiny.

Stop adding a degree of sensible interpretation!
  • Having watched the interview on cafcPlayer, in my opinion Bikey's comment comes across more as an illustration of how frustrated the players felt at themselves for underperforming. The whole interview he sounds absolutely gutted at the Blackburn result, and was trying to explain that the players were really unhappy to lose... rather than a hint at some sort of wider mutiny.

at last ... a sensible response

Presumed it was about MM as he would be competition for Bikey.
    Yea it was about mm.
  • Fair play to Bikey.

I've got a nasty feeling that RD is going to do f all about any of this though.

Prove me wrong, please