Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• That doesn't sound to good
  • I said this a few weeks back. Not good at all.
  • Every dressing room has heated arguments if things are not going well, this is a good article to get RD to get his finger out and bring reinforcements.
  • 'No one is happy'.....That's worse than I thought... :(
  • Poor lamb. He's had to run about a bit for 90 minutes five times each month since the beginning of August: he must be absolutely knackered.
  • Interestingly he is echoing what Bob said about players being tired. The thinness of our squad means that with the injuries we are carrying there is no room for player rotation. It's all very well banging on about professional players being athletes who should cope - but Bikey intimates that a number of the currently uninjured squad are carrying niggling physical problems which could become injuries. Surely that's normal for "athletes" to get and which you'd overcome by resting rather than having to carry on by training for and playing in matches.

Arguments are no surprise. When you get a group of blokes together in one spot there will always be some form of tension, but when they're working closely together and under a heck of a lot of pressure then things will blow up.

It's quite possible that players not wanting to injure themselves may be a part of why we've lost the edge. Whilst some of us have been questioning their commitment (I hold my hands up here) perhaps they are just trying to ensure that they are available to play over the longer term because they know there aren't any players held in reserve should they get injured?

I think there is a lot we don't know about here, and it feels like our lads are giving it over 200% effort even if the results end up being some way short of 100% in reality.
  • edited January 2015
    Teams will argue when they lose. If they didn't it would show they don't care. From this they clearly do. But RD has to back Peeters in the transfer window and bring in the type of players he needs not just reserves from his network of teams (apart from liege) who are not playing at as high a level as us. If he allowed us some of the best from his network thats different but it seems to be mostly players who can't get a game at their current clubs lower down in the network.

Love bikeys passion
  • Sponsored links:

• No one is happy.........shock horror one win in 12 , should bloody hope not.
  • Madz said:

Love bikeys passion

wish he used his passion for the benefit of the team. Spent most of Saturday wandering around sulking. It was very much "it's everybody else's fault not mine". Last years squad was equally thin (if you strip out the wasters who were on loan), probably more so, but the way we fought towards the end of the season was a credit. We need some of that spirit now.

• Why would they be happy? Of course the squad can see they lack a target man, it was obvious to us as soon as we saw Tucudean wasn't that type of player.

We also have one of the smallest squads in the league so they're going to be more tired compared to most opposition. Other clubs could rest players like Igor, we don't have that many options. Again the players have known the squad is too small just like we did, I wouldn't expect them to be happy about it.
  • No one is happy.........shock horror one win in 12 , should bloody hope not.

This This and This, alot of people taking this comments by Bikey much to far, with 'not good' etc. Would you rather he said, everyone is happy and they're all chums. This is professional football, if players were happy and getting along after one win in 12 they i'd say it's 'not good.
  • redman said:

Madz said:

Love bikeys passion

wish he used his passion for the benefit of the team. Spent most of Saturday wandering around sulking. It was very much "it's everybody else's fault not mine". Last years squad was equally thin (if you strip out the wasters who were on loan), probably more so, but the way we fought towards the end of the season was a credit. We need some of that spirit now.

If only there was a manager available who could galvanize a squad like that.

• "Bikey said: “There were some arguments in the dressing room - it has to happen. The manager has to understand. No-one is happy, we have to try and get a solution."

This is the most worrying thing - particularly "the manager has to understand" part - sounds like there's a rift between player(s) and manager
  • The bit where he says 'the manager has to understand' gives the impression that The players don't have faith and he's potentially lost the dressing room. That, to me is not good
  • The bit where he says 'the manager has to understand' gives the impression that The players don't have faith and he's potentially lost the dressing room. That, to me is not good

I didn't read it like that.

I read it as "Bob has to understand that we as players will voice our opinion and will disagree with you as manager sometime when things aren't going well".

I read it in the context of the players wanting to go 3 - 4- 2 at HT v Ipswich and getting their way. And it worked.

Impossible to say if I'm right or you or neither of us but it is such a short phrase it is hard to be totally clear.
  • colin1961 said:

I be more worried if the players were not having there say ... Good to know they care about the club ... Said it before Bikey should be captain

yes lets have a captain and leader that appears to have a 5 year old strop when things go wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    From the news shopper article which presumably was taken from the same press conference.

“Down there in the dressing room, there was some arguing, that happens, because everyone is frustrated," he said.

“The only thing you have to do is be together, start from the bottom and look forward.

“I think most important thing is the league, we don’t have to fight like last year and we have to look forward and be a little more focused.

“We are on a bad run, no one can question it, we need to start from the bottom and see what happens, there is still a long way to go.”

From the SLP

Bikey said: “There were some arguments in the dressing room - it has to happen. The manager has to understand. No-one is happy, we have to try and get a solution"

Significant difference IMO
  • I like this. Shows they do care, and also hopefully will make RD sit up and take notice that we need reinforcements

I didn't read it like that.

I read it as "Bob has to understand that we as players will voice our opinion and will disagree with you as manager sometime when things aren't going well".

I read it in the context of the players wanting to go 3 - 4- 2 at HT v Ipswich and getting their way. And it worked.

Impossible to say if I'm right or you or neither of us but it is such a short phrase it is hard to be totally clear.
    That's a fair point and the quotes you posted from the newshopper pretty much back up what you say
  • Bikey said we have not got a six foot five centre forward who can hold the ball up. Peeters fits the bill.
  • cafcfan said:

Poor lamb. He's had to run about a bit for 90 minutes five times each month since the beginning of August: he must be absolutely knackered.

This kind of post winds me up and it does every time the tiredness among footballers debate is started lol
  • colin1961 said:

I be more worried if the players were not having there say ... Good to know they care about the club ... Said it before Bikey should be captain

Leave off Colin. You don't half talk a load of nonsense sometimes.
  • cafcfan said:

Poor lamb. He's had to run about a bit for 90 minutes five times each month since the beginning of August: he must be absolutely knackered.

Players from other teams that have perhaps not played so much due to having a bigger squad will be less tired than ours. This will eventually show on the pitch as it appears to be doing now.
  • AND FINALLY... (from BBC website)
    Netherlands international midfielder Demy de Zeeuw, 31, has posted an advert on business social networking site LinkedIn in an attempt to find a club. He was released by Belgian side Anderlecht in the summer. (Metro)

We're desperate for a midfielder, he' desperate for a game .. get him signed up Roland ((:>)

• AND FINALLY... (from BBC website)
    Netherlands international midfielder Demy de Zeeuw, 31, has posted an advert on business social networking site LinkedIn in an attempt to find a club. He was released by Belgian side Anderlecht in the summer. (Metro)

We're desperate for a midfielder, he' desperate for a game .. get him signed up Roland ((:>)

Demy Patrick René de Zeeuw (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈdeːmi də ˈzeːu̯]; born 26 May 1983 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands) is a Dutch footballer who last played for Belgian Pro League club Anderlecht [2] and the Netherlands national football team. He is a defensive midfielder described as a good tackler and a gifted passer of the ball. He previously played for AGOVV, Go Ahead Eagles, AZ and AFC Ajax. While at AZ he was a key player in the squad that won the 2008–09 Dutch league, the club's first championship victory in 28 years. Following this success he transferred to Ajax, with whom he won the 2009–10 Dutch Cup, and the 2010–11 Dutch league title.

Nah, not good enough for us

: - )
  • What's Mikel Alonso doing these days?