Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tiredness....

2»

Comments

• Football is a squad game. Players need resting for a number of reasons. Bob hasn't been able to have the luxury of resting his key players. It's a viscous circle. You need a break and you have to play then you lose form, confidence. It's happening all over the pitch at The Valley.

• I know I'm getting tired of watching them !
  • Different types of tiredness though arent there... You say that a Footballer cant be tired and that they should try one of our jobs to experience real tiredness yet our type is nearly always going to be mentally when our brains shut down and need to rest.

An Athlete is constantly running / cycling / doing whatever but doing this involves a build up of lactic acid, the body will scream out and wont be able to take anymore, thats also called tiredness!!

Nope. that's called training; if you do it properly it doesn't cause tiredness. A pro footballer who is not injured has no excuse for not being able to play three times in a week once in a while.
    So when a Tour de France rider is blown from climbing a mountain its because he didnt train hard enough not because he's full of lactic acid?

So when a top Marathon runner collaspes at the finishing line or fails to finish a race its because he didnt train hard enough or because he's exhausted?

No different to a Footballer!!
    The Tour de France no different to football....? I rest my case.
  • Different types of tiredness though arent there... You say that a Footballer cant be tired and that they should try one of our jobs to experience real tiredness yet our type is nearly always going to be mentally when our brains shut down and need to rest.

An Athlete is constantly running / cycling / doing whatever but doing this involves a build up of lactic acid, the body will scream out and wont be able to take anymore, thats also called tiredness!!

Nope. that's called training; if you do it properly it doesn't cause tiredness. A pro footballer who is not injured has no excuse for not being able to play three times in a week once in a while.
    So when a Tour de France rider is blown from climbing a mountain its because he didnt train hard enough not because he's full of lactic acid?

So when a top Marathon runner collaspes at the finishing line or fails to finish a race its because he didnt train hard enough or because he's exhausted?

No different to a Footballer!!
    The Tour de France no different to football....? I rest my case.
    Fraid all you've proven is that you cant read...

I wasnt comparing the Tour de France to the Championship... I was comparing a Cyclist to a Footballer, both sportsmen taking part in activite jobs, regardless of the sporting activity you'll get a build up of lactic acid which'll force tiredness.

They can both train as much as they want yet its always something that'll be there... If lactic acid wasnt a factor in life then we'd all be amazing superhuman athletes capable of running / swimming or cycling extreme distances
  • At least he didn't say they were 'fighting for their lives given their tiredness' like Van Gaal did.
  • You have to have sympathy for some of these players. Take Onyewu for example - he was so tired after 43 minutes of first team football this season that the warm up proved too much on Tuesday.
  • Well they have certainly got a rest from cup matches now.
  • stonemuse said:

braydex said:

Latest excuse from BP. I wouldn't mind if some of those players had played week in week out. What was Blackburns excuse for winning. Too much energy?

Out of interest, do you ever say anything postive? Or do you prefer highlighting anything that attacks the current regime?

All is not perfect, but complaining continuously when there are a lot of plus points over the last year is tedious.
    If it's tedious don't read it. I have spent 30 years saying positive things. I've spent the same amount of time trying to be optimistic, trying to look on the bright side, convincing myself year after year that we don't want to be involved in any cup run. I've probably spent more money watching my team than I have saved for my pension. Perhaps now, I'm just getting a bit tired, a bit pissed off doing and thinking that time and again, only to see our club, our team, now being owned by someone who has no interest in us, has no respect for us. A manager who had done nothing to prove he was good enough to manage my wonderful club. Players, who quite frankly would not get in any other championship team. Yet, there seems to be this stigma attached to anyone who dares to say what they think. The fact that my 2 young sons want to support derby county, southend and bloody Chelsea over charlton, upsets me and their grandad but at the moment I've got nothing to give them to change their mind! So perhaps now I'll be vocal in my negative opinion of the current set up, team and such like so that a) I can feel better and b) maybe, just maybe it will make some sort of difference.
  • Chelsea I can understand but Southend?
  • They should try having two children under the age of 2 who won't sleep then they'd know what fucking tiredness is!!
  • Sponsored links:

• They should try having two children under the age of 2 who won't sleep then they'd know what fucking tiredness
  • Chelsea I can understand but Southend?

We now live in Essex. Have relatives in derby. Still least they hate palace, millwall and west ham so I've done something right!!
  • braydex said:

stonemuse said:

braydex said:

Latest excuse from BP. I wouldn't mind if some of those players had played week in week out. What was Blackburns excuse for winning. Too much energy?

Out of interest, do you ever say anything postive? Or do you prefer highlighting anything that attacks the current regime?

All is not perfect, but complaining continuously when there are a lot of plus points over the last year is tedious.
    If it's tedious don't read it. I have spent 30 years saying positive things. I've spent the same amount of time trying to be optimistic, trying to look on the bright side, convincing myself year after year that we don't want to be involved in any cup run. I've probably spent more money watching my team than I have saved for my pension. Perhaps now, I'm just getting a bit tired, a bit pissed off doing and thinking that time and again, only to see our club, our team, now being owned by someone who has no interest in us, has no respect for us. A manager who had done nothing to prove he was good enough to manage my wonderful club. Players, who quite frankly would not get in any other championship team. Yet, there seems to be this stigma attached to anyone who dares to say what they think. The fact that my 2 young sons want to support derby county, southend and bloody Chelsea over charlton, upsets me and their grandad but at the moment I've got nothing to give them to change their mind! So perhaps now I'll be vocal in my negative opinion of the current set up, team and such like so that a) I can feel better and b) maybe, just maybe it will make some sort of difference.
    On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely do you think your posts will achieve your goals of
    a)
    And
    b)

I'll start with
    a) 0.05
    and
    b) 0

:-)
  • braydex said:

Chelsea I can understand but Southend?

We now live in Essex. Have relatives in derby. Still least they hate palace, millwall and west ham so I've done something right!!
    I was surprised by the Tottingham FC shop in Southend High Street.

I don't mean it jumped out at me and shouted, "Boo!" Or anything, just didn't expect such a big shop there.
  • braydex said:

Chelsea I can understand but Southend?

I was surprised by the Tottingham FC shop in Southend High Street.

I don't mean it jumped out at me and shouted, "Boo!" Or anything, just didn't expect such a big shop there.
    That surprised me as well. I'm less surprised though, that whenever I've walked past it's been empty. Somebody told me (I've no idea how true it is though) that it's part of a strategy by Spurs to have a series of pop-up shops in various towns in the south east that stay for up to 12 months and are then shut down and move on. Bit weird if you ask me.

Sadly, Spurs aren't the only Prem club to have had a shop in the town. West Ham had one that was there for ages.
  • It is a standard managerial excuse used by all managers at some time or other. Most recently Harry Redknapp used it to explain how his premiership side managed to get stuffed 0 3 by Sheffield United. He said that, ‘United looked like a team that hadn’t played for ten days, whereas we looked like a team who has played 4 times in the same period’.

It is of course, more of a problem when you ‘look’ like a team that has played 4 times in 10 days when … you haven’t.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyOKimA8UtI