Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tiredness....

Latest excuse from BP. I wouldn't mind if some of those players had played week in week out. What was Blackburns excuse for winning. Too much energy?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Zzz

No seriously Bobs got a point, but your right, it works both ways, I think he's running out of excuses to draw upon.
  • I'm tired. A professional athlete really really should not be. Lamest excuse for poor form or poor management around, end of.
  • braydex said:

Latest excuse from BP. I wouldn't mind if some of those players had played week in week out. What was Blackburns excuse for winning. Too much energy?

its a mind thing IMO

If you are on a run like we are on and you play 3 games in 8 days you will fell more tired
    if you are on a run like Blackburn and you play 3 games in 8 days the tiredness does not affect you
  • Makes me laugh when Charlton pull the tiredness excuse. Most clubs play between 4-10 more games than us every season as we're typically out of the cups at the earliest opportunity every year bar last seasons mini FA Cup run.
  • edited January 2015
    Tiredness is the most lame excuse that a football manager can come out with. Absolute bollocks.

Supporters would have much more respect if a manager come out and said "we have been utter shit for a few games now, it's my fault, I pick the team and tactics etc, etc"

However maybe Bob can't really use the above! Maybe uncle Roly could say it for him. (:
  • Different types of tiredness though arent there... You say that a Footballer cant be tired and that they should try one of our jobs to experience real tiredness yet our type is nearly always going to be mentally when our brains shut down and need to rest.

An Athlete is constantly running / cycling / doing whatever but doing this involves a build up of lactic acid, the body will scream out and wont be able to take anymore, thats also called tiredness!!
  • I think we have a new contender for Paulie's "New Thread" Crown.
  • Tiredness my arse!!
    Some of these pampereed footballers should try working a week of 12hr nights. Then they would know what tiredness is.
  • Different types of tiredness though arent there... You say that a Footballer cant be tired and that they should try one of our jobs to experience real tiredness yet our type is nearly always going to be mentally when our brains shut down and need to rest.

An Athlete is constantly running / cycling / doing whatever but doing this involves a build up of lactic acid, the body will scream out and wont be able to take anymore, thats also called tiredness!!

Nope. that's called training; if you do it properly it doesn't cause tiredness. A pro footballer who is not injured has no excuse for not being able to play three times in a week once in a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• It really gets my goat when people bleat about professional footballers saying they're tired. Of course they'd be more tired working a 7 day week but they are not.
    Bobs not comparing the players tiredness against you or I but against their fellow athletes (the opposition) and any slight disadvantage (i.e. tiredness) against other professional athletes WILL make a difference
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I take what people are saying about players being tired as opposed to working long shifts in the real world but football players do need to be rested both physically and mentally to be at their best, to regain form or get over an injury. Vetekele is a case in point. You just have to take a look at squad strengths yesterday. Blackburn made 6 changes and were raring to go. The Charlton players tried but had no where near the energy and quality of the Blackburn team.

I think it is another oblique / subtle remark by Bob Peeters about the inadequate squad strength. It is not as if Bob Peeters can express himself clearly. RD won't stand that for that. BP may have said too much already.
  • I thought we'd signed Raheem Sterling in the loan window for a minute.
  • edited January 2015
    4 mins into a game?
  • edited January 2015
    If they are tired then we seriously have to look at our fitness coaches. I've not seen an opposition team in the last couple of months who has look tired so what's going wrong with us ?
    Personally i think it's an easy excuse to use when you have lost the plot and Big Bob seems to have done that. 1 win in 12 and no win at home since October is just not good enough.
  • braydex said:

Out of interest, do you ever say anything postive? Or do you prefer highlighting anything that attacks the current regime?

All is not perfect, but complaining continuously when there are a lot of plus points over the last year is tedious.
  • Nowhere near as tired as I am. I'm sick and tired !
  • I don`t go for the tiredness excuse. Okay, you can`t compare being a footballer to doing a "normal job" but these are fit, healthy young men who are at their physical peak being trained by fitness coaches, health experts, diet coaches,etc.

I just can't accept that a lame, disinterested, disjointed surrender at home is down to excess tiredness!
  • I actually thought yesterday there was an element of mental tiredness, which is far more impacting than physical tiredness in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• It also doesn't help when you have a chronic lack of alternatives.

Pretty much 8/9 of the first team are guaranteed a place in the team regardless of performance - what do they have to keep them on their toes. Especially as we now have f-all to play for.
  • I was tired last night. Mahoosive Chinese... always fucks me up Bob
  • Taxi_Lad said:

It really gets my goat when people bleat about professional footballers saying they're tired. Of course they'd be more tired working a 7 day week but they are not.
    Bobs not comparing the players tiredness against you or I but against their fellow athletes (the opposition) and any slight disadvantage (i.e. tiredness) against other professional athletes WILL make a difference

How many more games have we been playing than Blackburn?

Why was it our excuse and not theirs? Because the football we play knackers us out and he's doing something wrong on the training ground, refer back to someones post r.e. Rigas 24pts in 16 games being played on the worst pitch you possibly can in professional football.

it's an excuse and a lame one at that, it was an FA Cup game, if players were tired why not rest them? Why play them if you know they are tired? Running low on patience with him tbh.
  • The extra two days probably helped them a wee bit
  • I've heard we are putting in a bid for Bale in the transfer window, but he looks a little tired to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIP4wcmgvvY
  • I think the answer is; go to bed earlier.
  • Thing is on constant Post Match Threads Ive seen...

Igor needs a REST... Buyens needs a REST... Jackson needs a REST... Cousins needs a REST - Now Peeters has come out saying players are tired and everyone is saying its bullshit that they're tired

We cant replace the players because we dont have the Squad Depth, we dont have the squad depth because we didnt dip into the loan market yet Peeters has constantly came out saying that the right players werent available

Yes Wolves went and got Graham, Brighton got Bent and Huddersfield got Holt yet those Strikers only got five goals between them so they evidentally werent the answer...

We've all had history with poor loan signings so had Peeters gone and got one of the mentioned Strikers (with said player not producing the goods) then we'd all be moaning saying that he'd wasted time on lame transfers.

In short at the moment Peeters cant win whatever he does so in that case why not lay off him and the players and let them try do their damned jobs cos this criticism of the team is getting no where, it aint productive and it certainly aint gonna win matches!!
  • edited January 2015

Taxi_Lad said:

It really gets my goat when people bleat about professional footballers saying they're tired. Of course they'd be more tired working a 7 day week but they are not.

How many more games have we been playing than Blackburn?

Why was it our excuse and not theirs? Because the football we play knackers us out and he's doing something wrong on the training ground, refer back to someones post r.e. Rigas 24pts in 16 games being played on the worst pitch you possibly can in professional football.

it's an excuse and a lame one at that, it was an FA Cup game, if players were tired why not rest them? Why play them if you know they are tired? Running low on patience with him tbh.
    Of course it's a sort of an excuse, but having said that the centre halves have played every game (I think) & the youngsters aren't as strong as the men that they are playing against.

Yes, rest them, but who for ?

Gomez and Thomas at centre half ? Pigott up front with Ahearne-Grant ?

We were playing a top half Championship team not Welling. We'd have been stuffed for 6.
  • edited January 2015

Different types of tiredness though arent there... You say that a Footballer cant be tired and that they should try one of our jobs to experience real tiredness yet our type is nearly always going to be mentally when our brains shut down and need to rest.

Nope. that's called training; if you do it properly it doesn't cause tiredness. A pro footballer who is not injured has no excuse for not being able to play three times in a week once in a while.
    So when a Tour de France rider is blown from climbing a mountain its because he didnt train hard enough not because he's full of lactic acid?

So when a top Marathon runner collaspes at the finishing line or fails to finish a race its because he didnt train hard enough or because he's exhausted?

No different to a Footballer!!
  • I think the answer is; go to bed earlier.

yes Mum