Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BT Sport Crazy Gang documentary

Comments

• Options
    Watching it now, Fash is an absolute tosser
  • Options
    That was quite a harrowing account of how a young man can go off the rails if he is allowed access to too much money and fame without an adequate support network. John Fashanu came across very, very badly. Terribly jealous of his brothers success and fame and then ashamed of his brother and keen to quickly disown him once his own career took off.

I didn't know much about John Fashanu before yesterday (only what he did on the pitch - 'hardman' but good player). He is clearly a, particularly, unpleasant man. He is desperate for attention and clearly has no respect about him at all.
  • Options
    I saw a clip and Fashanu is saying something about it toughened you up and made him what he is today. He also mentioned that he now deals with £20m building contracts as if that's meant to impress people.
  • Options

Carter said:

Fashanu is, and always has been, an utter arsehole

He is a classic case of someone thinking because they speak a certain way and use certain words they are more intelligent than they are.

What he did to Gary Mabbutt and I think Ian Walker too was disgusting. Added to how he disowned his brother for being homoeopathy.

Nothing but contempt for the man

Like a black Russel brand
    except fashanu was actually successful at something in his life.
  • Options
    Thought he was alright on Gladiators
  • Options
    John Fashanu is an arrogant, nasty piece of work who committed on Gary Mabbutt one of the worst fouls I have seen in over 50 years of watching Football. Dennis Wise was a very tidy footballer I have to say but also a nasty little shit and as for Vinnie Jones....well I like his honesty but basically he was a thug on the pitch. This whole Crazy Gang thing is not what football should be about and I agree with one of the other posters I wish Liverpool had stuffed them out of sight that day and then we wouldn't have to hear about this so called "biggest cup shock of all time" which it wasn't because in my opinion Sunderland beating Leeds in their pomp was a bigger shock.
  • Options

Carter said:

He is a classic case of someone thinking because they speak a certain way and use certain words they are more intelligent than they are.

What he did to Gary Mabbutt and I think Ian Walker too was disgusting. Added to how he disowned his brother for being homoeopathy.

Like a black Russel brand
    except fashanu was actually successful at something in his life.
    Er, I cannot stand Brand's 'comedy' or his 'acting' but even I'd have to admit he has succeeded in life, both financially and professionally.
  • Options
    John Fashanu is a weird arsehole.
  • Options
    Watched it last night, the most interesting part was the relationship between Fashanu - an utter liar, fantasist, buffoon and sociopath - and Lawrie Sanchez.

Whilst the younger players were impressed by Fashanu's supposed loquaciousness the likes of Sanchez - who had already played 250 games for Reading and graduated from University with a BSc - knew he was a BS merchant and refused to be intimidated by him or follow his orders. Terry Gibson was in the same camp having come to Wimbledon from Manchester United.

Fashanu, Vinnie Jones and that complete wanker Wally Downes were simply bullies, thugs and animals that were a disgrace to English football - and I saw these people play on many, many occasions.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

?
    Hahaha yeah he disowned his brother for his love of alternative medicine

My phone obviously didn't like homosexual
    That must play havoc with your grinder app
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Wow. John Fashanu should hang his head in shame. If he isn't the epitome of a bully, then I don't know what is.
    He admits to having chips on his shoulders and these came from being a Barnardo's boy.
    An absolute disgrace assaulting his own team mates in a reign of terror.

Typically, in the mode of a bully. I recall a few years ago, when he bottled the challenges, in, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Jones was/is just the thug we knew he was/is.

The only positive, was Lawrie Sanchez who has risen massively in my eyes. He appeared to be the only one to stand up to those 2 and didn't speak to Fashanu for 6 years. Fashanu, didn't even congratulate Sanchez, when he scored the Wembley winner.

A programme, to be watched if you can spare the time.
  • Options
    Interesting that at half time in the AFC Wimbledon vs Liverpool game Dave Beasant and Lineker discussed the documentary and some clips were shown.

Beasant clearly wasn't happy about the way the Fashanu - Sanchez dyamnic had been portrayed.

Also, I might be missing the point, but why are the Beeb plugging BT Sport documentaries? Is there some link that I've missed? Actually, there must be as there is some cross over with presenters as well.
  • Options
    Beasant basically said that Fashanu lied. The event that saw him clash with Sanchez apparently happened 2 years AFTER that Cup Final. So he was making up a story to make himself the centre of attention...again!!

John Fashanu was/is/likely always will be a self-serving, self-important tw@t/thug!
  • Options
    Awooooga.
  • Options
    Fashanu comes across as a cult leader whom no one wants to follow.

Wally Downes is mates with Pardont isn't he?
  • Options

Watched it last night, the most interesting part was the relationship between Fashanu - an utter liar, fantasist, buffoon and sociopath - and Lawrie Sanchez.

Whilst the younger players were impressed by Fashanu's supposed loquaciousness the likes of Sanchez - who had already played 250 games for Reading and graduated from University with a BSc - knew he was a BS merchant and refused to be intimidated by him or follow his orders. Terry Gibson was in the same camp having come to Wimbledon from Manchester United.

Fashanu, Vinnie Jones and that complete wanker Wally Downes were simply bullies, thugs and animals that were a disgrace to English football - and I saw these people play on many, many occasions.

Basically, this.

• Options
    Remember reading in Ian Holloways book how he just couldn't handle it there, Wally Downes taking the piss out of his missus having cancer etc if I remember correctly.

Seems a real collection of bully arseholes there.
  • Options
    That's crass if true smudger

It's always been a very fine line with piss-takey behaviour and bullying

It goes without saying that is horrible

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Remember reading in Ian Holloways book how he just couldn't handle it there, Wally Downes taking the piss out of his missus having cancer etc if I remember correctly.

Wally by name...
  • Options

Can't say I am surprised, John Scales alluded to this sort of psychological bullying going on as did Terry Phelan.

The whole warped mentality seemed to be that this sort of shit "toughened people up."
  • Options
    It does toughen you up. Not saying it's good though I should add

I've worked places you got terrible shit unless you stuck up for yourself quickly. It teaches you to take absolutely no shit off anyone but I'm not entirely sure it bonds people as much as was made out.

Lawrie Sanchez, John Scales, Phelan and Terry Gibson didn't seem to be as enthused about that as downes, Jones and fashanu
  • Options
    Terry Gibson's description of both Jones and Fashanu as 'Clowns', was absolutely withering in it's execution.

If you look at the documentary again, you can see a real difference between the football men such as Gibson, Andy Thorn and Dave Beasant, who seemed genuinely proud of their achievement in footballing terms.

Then you had those two jokers Jones and Fashanu, who seemed to be more interested in whom they had bullied and bashed up both on and off the field - the football was almost incidental.

On that topic I saw John Fashanu dominated by good centre halves on plenty of occasions (most memorably by a young Neil Ruddock), and this idea that he was some form of remorseless human battering ram is nonsense - he was average at best, if he had been any good he would have got a big move like the others - but he never did.
  • Options
    Fashanu is clearly a bell end but he definitely made the most of limited ability , in fact he was a shit footballer I thought who through being fit ,strong and determined some how made it at the highest level through passion and heart .
    Just wiki'd him to check my mind wasn't playing tricks and he got 2 England caps in 1989
  • Options

Fashanu is clearly a bell end but he definitely made the most of limited ability , in fact he was a shit footballer I thought who through being fit ,strong and determined some how made it at the highest level through passion and heart .
    Just wiki'd him to check my mind wasn't playing tricks and he got 2 England caps in 1989

He did play twice for England - got subbed off in both games!
  • Options
    Fashanu was a poor man's Heskey. Oh how good it would be if he were to get to read this thread. Although he would probably take it as one great big compliment. Fool.
  • Options
    Speaking on BBC One, Beasant said: ‘There’s been a lot said about the Crazy gang of late and lot of what has been said was self-promotion of certain individuals.

‘A major factor in a recent documentary has been John Fashanu and he’s brought to light an incident with Lawrie Sanchez which actually happened two years after the FA Cup final so for him to bring that in and make such a part of it and say that they didn’t like each other in the cup final – Fash goes over and gives him a kiss and that was before kissing had started.

‘They fell out later. For him to bring that into the documentary I feel was a wrong decision.’

Terry Gibson wrote on his blog: 'Do people really believe that John Fashanu controlled and dominated our dressing room, ruling by fear of him?

'Does anybody really believe him when he said he locked people in a boot of a car, that he would tell someone they wouldn’t be allowed to eat for 2 days and that someone was going to be watching over them 24/7 so that they couldn’t?

'The bloke is deluded. In truth WE tolerated him and laughed at him, he really was and still is a clown.'

Enough said. Move on.
  • Options

'The bloke is deluded. In truth WE tolerated him and laughed at him, he really was and still is a clown.'

Ouch
  • Options
    Middle aged blokes trying to be hard men. Sums them up, sad really.