Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open on Sunday 21st December 10.45 am to 2 pm

2»

Comments

• This Sunday. See you there.

And if you ask nicely we might let you hold the People's Cup that has just become part of the Museum's collection.

What is the People's Cup Henry. Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and 2015. I, for one really appreciate your input to this football club of ours over the year's
  • waldo said:

This Sunday. See you there.

And if you ask nicely we might let you hold the People's Cup that has just become part of the Museum's collection.

What is the People's Cup Henry. Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and 2015. I, for one really appreciate your input to this football club of ours over the year's
    We beat Den Bosch in a pre season friendly before our league one winning title season.
  • waldo said:

Thanks but I'm just a soldier in a medium sized army.

as Stonemuse said it was the trophy we won when we beat Den Botch.

• The people cups the wrong way up
  • waldo said:

Thanks but I'm just a soldier in a medium sized army.

as Stonemuse said it was the trophy we won when we beat Den Botch.

Wasn't me ;-)
  • Gumbo said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but this museum is idea/effort is down to Mick Everett who has champion the it for years. Just want to make sure he get the credit he deserves

Well done Mick

Thanks for posting. Would not have known otherwise. Well done Mick, great idea.
  • Hope everyone going today has a great time. Wish I could be there, but have a before the crack of dawn start tomorrow, so sadly not possible. Can't wait until I do get the chance though. Enjoy yourselves!
  • Just got back from the museum, well done to everyone who worked on it, it looks really good with some fantastic stuff in there, the fixture diary from 46/47 being a favourite of mine.

From what Ben said the plans for the future seem excellent as well, if you have the time I'd certainly recommend going down and having a look.

PS. Ben, if you do decide to get that tattoo it's: 英国查尔顿足球俱乐部,which means England Charlton Football Club, although it really needs: 竞技 in there, which means Athletic. ;-)
  • Just got back from the museum, well done to everyone who worked on it, it looks really good with some fantastic stuff in there, the fixture diary from 46/47 being a favourite of mine.

From what Ben said the plans for the future seem excellent as well, if you have the time I'd certainly recommend going down and having a look.

PS. Ben, if you do decide to get that tattoo it's: 英国查尔顿足球俱乐部,which means England Charlton Football Club, although it really needs: 竞技 in there, which means Athletic. ;-)

Are you going to tell him it really says "I wish I was a palace ultra" before or after he has it done?
  • edited December 2014
    Just got back from kids party, had a quick look in at the museum but was dragged back to the party by my Grandson!

Need to get back to have a proper look but what a great idea, plenty of memories came flooding back can't wait to visit again.

Well done Ben and Mick and all those involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the museum today and loved it. Sparked so many memories. It has scope for further development, but all who have participated in it's creation have my heartfelt thanks.
  • I was very impressed. Like Seth there were a lot of memories there.

Being able to hold the First Division medal was a real high point. If I hadn't felt so sad doing so I would have had a photo taken with me wearing it.

• Some photos of the authors, and some of the children and families.
    Great to see so many young addicks down there with there families,
  • Some photos of the authors, and some of the children and families.
    Great to see so many young addicks down there with there families,

Good to see Bob Peeters showed his face (pic 5).
  • We went in after the Young Addicks do, really impressed with the work done by everyone there.

My boy got to wear the Championship medal and Ken has caught us admiring the exhibits above ;-)

I particularly loved the old international jerseys, which were superbly presented, and the cup final medals are very special indeed.
  • Will it be open again over the christmas period?
  • Swerve said:

We went in after the Young Addicks do, really impressed with the work done by everyone there.

My boy got to wear the Championship medal and Ken has caught us admiring the exhibits above ;-)

I particularly loved the old international jerseys, which were superbly presented, and the cup final medals are very special indeed.

Thanks Bob :- )
  • Enjoyable stint at the Museum explaining who Moskey Mills was to a young lad who came in from the kid's party. Very educational for him
  • Glad to read all the positive reviews.

Was also good to meet a few lifers too.

We won't be officially open over Christmas but I might be popping in to do some cleaning up.

Any long distance addicks home for the holidays inbox me.
  • Popped in with two of my little ones and we all enjoyed it , met centurion and Ramazan for the first time
    and fairplay to Henry and co for putting in the time and effort to get this up and running , good stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• I bet your pop wasn't as quick as mine ;)
  • Fumbluff said:

I bet your pop wasn't as quick as mine ;)

True but you've popped before.
  • It's true what they say....
  • Great to see the original FA Cup medals as well.
  • Also have to say those are great pictures Ken. It was an enjoyable day all round.