Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open on Sunday 21st December 10.45 am to 2 pm

edited December 2014 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/activities-for-all-ages-at-the-valley-on-sunday-december-21st-2132785.aspx

The Charlton Museum will be open to the general public for the first time on Sunday, December 21st.

The Charlton Museum will be open from 10.45am to 2pm and is located in the North Stand.

It's free entry although you might want to bring some cash to buy some of the signed photos on sale as well as making a donation : - )

If you've got items you like to donate to the museum or would just like the Trustees to see please bring them along.

Photography welcome.

If you find the big badge behind the north stand you'll then find a small entrance, with museum signage, to the left of it, by the East Stand turnstiles. Go in and you'll see a lift. Go up to the third floor and Bob Peeters is your uncle.

Young Addicks party is the same day so any parents who want a few quiet minutes or to further indoctrinate their children are welcome.

See you all there.

Comments

• Well done Henry and others involved. We are lucky as a club to have supporters who do things like this
  • Wish I could be there, but it's too far to travel just to see the Museum. Hopefully can combine an open day with something else in the future. Good luck and well done to all involved.
  • This could be my ticket out of the young addicks party! Henry you legend! ;o)
  • This could be my ticket out of the young addicks party! Henry you legend! ;o)

There is method in our madness : - )
  • We are hoping to do a CL evening there (and trip to pub) in the new year.

Yep, need to fix up a date for that.
  • Will pop in while at the kids party, congratulations to all involved.
  • Nug said:

Will pop in while at the kids party, congratulations to all involved.

You might be able to sneak up the stairs from Crossbars to the museum IF that entrance is open but otherwise I guess you'll have to come out of the north stand entrance, passed the big logo and in that way.

Say hi when you do come up.
  • Nug said:

Will pop in while at the kids party, congratulations to all involved.

Me too. Good stuff.

• How much and what size are the signed photos - also of who / what ?
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

How much and what size are the signed photos - also of who / what ?

There are quite a few A4 and A3 size signed photos of several players past and present.

Did you have anything in mind?
  • One of stigs photo of the type of thing being sold.
    I thought there were some excellent ones for sale myself.
    I think they also have a provenance certificate.
    Ideal christmas present there for the fan who is difficult to buy for.
  • edited December 2014
    cafc999 said:

PL54 said:

How much and what size are the signed photos - also of who / what ?

There are quite a few A4 and A3 size signed photos of several players past and present.

Did you have anything in mind?
    I bought a number of them on here in various auctions; huddle in front of Covered End, Powell by a wall at the training ground with the badge, Stephens celebrating his goal at Birmingham....so all a little different.

Something equally interesting would be good.

I have always found them to be just marginally bigger than a standard A3 frame though (btw).

Regards donations - I have a match worn framed Steve Brown squad signed shirt but I guess the museum has plenty of signed shirts up already - didn't SB play in every position during his career with us?

Does the museum have a Squeeze "Down in the Valley" flyer (1978 I think) - there were a few on here and I bought one. It's in a simple black A4 frame now and looks smart.
  • All donations, money or items, welcome.

Contact mick.everett@cafc.co.uk to arrange drop off at the Valley
  • @Henry Irving‌ Ben have you tweeted this? can't seem to find it to retweet
  • CharltonAthMuseum ‏@CHATHMuseum 35m35 minutes ago
    Come and visit the museum on our first public open day Sunday 21December between 10:45 &14:00 #cafc

0 replies 9 retweets 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet9 Favorite1
    More
  • Who did I just hear on Robert Elms' show from the museum?
  • hawksmoor said:

Who did I just hear on Robert Elms' show from the museum?

Who do you think? : - )
  • Was Robert Elms the guy that played Freddie Krueger in those horror movies? I'd wondered what had happened to him?
  • hawksmoor said:

Ah. And very helpful you were too about the Woolwich Arsenal.

• Sponsored links:

• hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Ah. And very helpful you were too about the Woolwich Arsenal.

The Greenwich Heritage Centre have been very helpful so thought I'd give them a plug (and CAM too).
  • Pity, I often listen to his show midweek in the car.
    Decent show. Snapped him at the London Marathon a few years back, with his co presenter.....
  • hawksmoor said:

Not the first time Henry has been heard on the show ;-)
  • edited December 2014
    stonemuse said:

hawksmoor said:

Not the first time Henry has been heard on the show ;-)
    I'm their south east London go to guy ; - )
  • edited December 2014
    The Museum is well worth a visit, i shall be popping in on sunday 21st at some point to take another look.
  • Hoping to go down too, will Bartrams be open afterwards for a pint ?
  • I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but this museum is idea/effort is down to Mick Everett who has champion the it for years. Just want to make sure he get the credit he deserves

Well done Mick
  • Gumbo said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but this museum is idea/effort is down to Mick Everett who has champion the it for years. Just want to make sure he get the credit he deserves

Well done Mick

Absolutely.

Mick kept the flame alive down the years and got the room and the go ahead from the old board which were the keys to it happening.
  • This Sunday. See you there.

And if you ask nicely we might let you hold the People's Cup that has just become part of the Museum's collection.
  • Those of you going to the Young Addicks party will be able to reach the museum via the lift at the east end of the lounge beyond the toilet.

Ask the staff, or look out for the Super Clive posters.