Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob - Its Time For George To Start Up Front With Igor

2»

Comments

• tucadean - a poor man's todorov imo. Happy to be proved wrong.

Disagree, Todorov was much more technically astute than Gorgeous George
  • J BLOCK said:

tucadean - a poor man's todorov imo. Happy to be proved wrong.

Disagree, Todorov was much more technically astute than Gorgeous George
    agree, that's why i call him a poor man's todorov. Similar link up player but toddy was technically better and could score goals, even though his knees were fucked.
  • Unless he was injured, given Pigott was on the bench on sat suggests it's unlikely.
  • We scored more goals in August (13 in 7 games) than we have since (12 in 15 games). And yet we let in just 7 in August and have conceded only 13 since so, in that respect, our defence has been consistent.

Something has to change be it formation or personnel but Bob is probably loathe to do so given our miserly defence. And all the time we're nicking points here and there he is highly unlikely to do so.

• Think Blackpool deserve a bit of respect IMO, unbeaten in 3 now, okay not exactly amazing form but it's a run for them to build on.
    Stick with the same team that played better than promotion chasing Forest and Ipswich but were unfortunate not to win, those players should have enough to beat Blackpool.
  • Think Blackpool deserve a bit of respect IMO, unbeaten in 3 now, okay not exactly amazing form but it's a run for them to build on.
    Stick with the same team that played better than promotion chasing Forest and Ipswich but were unfortunate not to win, those players should have enough to beat Blackpool.

I'd go with this but bring on George early on on the 2nd half if we need to.

• edited December 2014
    In Bobs post Forest comments he said re Harriott;

"“We gave him a lot of info. I thought his game was too difficult, it's important that you play as a striker you need to hold up the ball and try and give your team a breather. Thats what he’s doing at the moment.

“I think he still can progress. But he had a good game, had a good finish.

“I’m very happy with Callum, the way he is progressing. He needs to continue and hopefully score some more goals.”"

So it seems Bob sees Harriott as a striker and is "very happy" with him - can't see George starting based on those comments.
  • Granpa said:

The only thing about George that I have noticed is that, like myself he enjoys watching a game of football.

That's good to learn. It must be nice to be paid to watch Charlton. For some of us it's been more of a life sentence ;-(

I've seen them twice this season and they are honestly an absolute shower of a team, if we don't beat this lot it would be scandalous
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014
    J BLOCK said:

Think Blackpool deserve a bit of respect IMO, unbeaten in 3 now, okay not exactly amazing form but it's a run for them to build on.

I've seen them twice this season and they are honestly an absolute shower of a team, if we don't beat this lot it would be scandalous
    I had to do a double take there, I thought you were refering to the Spanners at first. :-0
  • Will be same team that played Forest, except Buyens will replace JJ
  • Scoham said:

Ipswich was one our best attacking performances of the season.

Seriously? Then we are in more trouble than I thought. For me, a good attacking performance implies a couple of goals, the best of the season normally more. We didn't score (at home, again). Agree with the pro-Harriott comments though, the boy's shaping up well again after a difficult patch.
  • AshBurton said:

Scoham said:

Ipswich was one our best attacking performances of the season.

Seriously? Then we are in more trouble than I thought. For me, a good attacking performance implies a couple of goals, the best of the season normally more. We didn't score (at home, again). Agree with the pro-Harriott comments though, the boy's shaping up well again after a difficult patch.
    I meant the general play. It was one of the few games we had the majority of the possession and another day could have won comfortably.
  • edited December 2014
    Well -we're back to the reality that we are a team operating within a tight budget - we already got lucky with a number of quality players in the summer - Igor, TBH, Bikey and Gudmunsson have already played a good part in us being top half and a few of our youth are being brought on. Spectacular, affordable and unexpected signings are rare, but we remember them over the ones that do the business and keep us in it. You'd remember a 30 goal striker from league 2 in a relegation season when you'd forget any number of competent squad players from a mid-table finish.

I'm boring myself now.
  • CAFCsayer said:

--------Pope
    Solly - TBH - Beast - Fox
    ---------Coq
    Johann----------Cousins
    -------Harriott
    ----Igor - Tucudean

If he's so insistent on Cousins being played on the left and wants Harriott in a free roll we could see this

I see signs of kermorgant in George just it's yet to fully come out... A big striker that's good on the floor got great skills and technique good hold up play that brings others into the game! If we can get that player out consistently I think he will I'm time become very good.. We should see how he has developed by this time next year! Then he would have fully settled and got used to the league..

Wouldn't mind seeing

------Pope
    Solly - TBH - Beast - Fox
    ---------Coq
    Johann----------Cousins
    -------Harriott
    ----Igor - Tucudean

However bob seems intent on playing to fairly defensive midfielders in front of the back four and this is probably part of the reason our defence has remained so tight.. The ill bob be willing to go with one there? I doubt it.. so nits more likely Harriott will be pushed out wide and cousins inside...

Polly want a cracker?
  • Is he really that bad, that Harriott starts ahead of him and then Piggot comes on at half time? It's so obvious that Calum Harriott isn't a natural striker. Surely he's worth a pont at the moment?
  • Agreed. George isn't great, but at the start of the season, at least he was a bit of a physical presence.

It meant the defenders couldn't solely concentrate on Vetokele.

He really needs to play IMO.
  • Seconded...
  • Pigott gave us much more physical presence today when he came on. He didn't get many chances but certainly gave the Blackburn defenders something to think about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think either one of George or the pig could do a good job alongside igor.. I'd go with George as because of his early season appearances convinced me there's something there and you feel like you could get the odd mm omen thick of brilliance...

The fact is that at home one of then has to play!