Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob - Its Time For George To Start Up Front With Igor

C'mon Bob ,

Last home game before Christmas, See some sense , we've got to play 442 at home against Blackpool and stuff them out of sight , please no more of this negative 451 nonsense at home , stick Georgie T up front with Igor and lets have a goalsfest and get some points on the board, COYR!!!

Comments

• Absolutely agree.
  • We win more games when George and Igor play together.
  • Absolutely agree.

Likewise.
  • I must admit that while I don't think George is great we do look more dangerous with him up front with Igor.

Do it Bob
  • There's nothing like going into Christmas Day with a win behind us, cmon Bob make it happen!
  • I like nothing better than to come onto a post and disagree with the majority. However, in this instance I'm in agreement with you...............
  • What would you do with Harriott ? He was good yesterday and decent against Ipswich
  • George not even in the bench yesterday! Strange? Like to see him have a run in the side.
  • se9addick said:

What would you do with Harriott ? He was good yesterday and decent against Ipswich

This is the only thing that would stop me. We played 4-4-2 for the first half at Forest yesterday. Harriott and Igor were a very effective pairing and I'd stick with them against Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harriott has to start, up front preferably. Saturday being against Blackpool, the side he got his first professional hat-trick against, should give him more confidence. Hopefully he builds on his good finish yesterday.
  • starting george above harriott at this stage would be a massive slap in the face for harriott considering how much he's improved recently and how much george has taken a dip in form.
  • I would certainly go with Harriott - his speed and trickery offer more than George's generally ponderous approach and Callum's movement also pulls defenders around and open up more space for Igor (and, in theory, for midfielders running into the box, if we could get around to mustering that). As a defender, who would you rather play against ? I can see we'd have less aerially and that may be more important with an away team sitting deep but we'll have options from the bench (hopefully including Karlan Ahearne-Grant).

Looking forward to this one already.
  • Why not fit them both in by going 433...

Tucudean in the middle holding the ball up. And one either side running into space...

Harriott Tucudean Vetokele
    cousins coq buyens
    Fox TBH Bikey solly
    Pope

Only trouble is you lose gudmundsson..

On the other hand igor looks as though he could use a rest to get fully fit and Blackpool would be the ideal game to do that so usual team with Tucudean and Harriott up top! I reckon that partnership could work!
  • What does everyone see in Tucudean, because I can't.
  • definitely think we should be playing 442 at home
  • Harriot's the first name on the team sheet
  • George needs A LOT of work and is nowhere near the finished article but there's a player somewhere in him. Both goals he has scored (although two isn't enough) have been taken well and have had a touch of class about them. He's had his wobbles, Reading away he defiantly should of scored but against Millwall I thought it was more good goalkeeping/defending then anything else. Don't get me wrong he's no Igor and he needs to be winning more in the air and holding the ball up more but Im not writing him off.
    As for Harriots 're-birth' although he defiantly should start against Pool, and there has been an improvement in his performances it's going to take more than a deflected goal to convince me he really is Cally Messi.
  • --------Pope
    Solly - TBH - Beast - Fox
    ---------Coq
    Johann----------Cousins
    -------Harriott
    ----Igor - Tucudean

If he's so insistent on Cousins being played on the left and wants Harriott in a free roll we could see this
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't matter if he started 4 up front as soon as we score Bob shits himself anyway.
  • George is going to be "one of those players" - and I don't mean it in a good way.
  • I think George has something to offer but not as yet convinced he can do it consistantly

When we went 4 - 4- 2 with GT and Igor up top against Ipswich we lost control of the game. ITFC pushed up 10 -15 yards and dominated the last 10 minutes or so.

More to do with losing Harriot's pace than a fault in George though.

We should have enough to beat Blackpool though regardless of who plays up top.

• We should have enough to beat Blackpool though regardless of who plays up top.

Why would you say that?!

1-0 loss then ...

:-)
  • I see signs of kermorgant in George just it's yet to fully come out... A big striker that's good on the floor got great skills and technique good hold up play that brings others into the game! If we can get that player out consistently I think he will I'm time become very good.. We should see how he has developed by this time next year! Then he would have fully settled and got used to the league..

Wouldn't mind seeing

------Pope
    ---------Coq
    Johann----------Cousins
    -------Harriott
    ----Igor - Tucudean

However bob seems intent on playing to fairly defensive midfielders in front of the back four and this is probably part of the reason our defence has remained so tight.. The ill bob be willing to go with one there? I doubt it.. so nits more likely Harriott will be pushed out wide and cousins inside...
  • I didn't see the Forest game but we were already playing 4-4-2 against Millwall and Ipswich. From what I've read that continued v Forest. Definitely not a negative 4-5-1 for me, Harriott was a striker playing deeper, not a midfielder getting forward.

Ipswich was one our best attacking performances of the season. Harriott's just settling into a different position, I think it would be a mistake to drop him at the moment. Some poor touches, finishing and decisions let us down but we created a number of good chances.

I've said before I won't write George off yet, and he has played a part in some good wins, but I don't see why he should start ahead of Harriott.
  • I see signs of kermorgant in George just it's yet to fully come out... A big striker that's good on the floor got great skills and technique good hold up play that brings others into the game! If we can get that player out consistently I think he will I'm time become very good.. We should see how he has developed by this time next year! Then he would have fully settled and got used to the league..

Wouldn't mind seeing

------Pope
    ---------Coq
    Johann----------Cousins
    -------Harriott
    ----Igor - Tucudean

However bob seems intent on playing to fairly defensive midfielders in front of the back four and this is probably part of the reason our defence has remained so tight.. The ill bob be willing to go with one there? I doubt it.. so nits more likely Harriott will be pushed out wide and cousins inside...

You see signs of Kermorgant ? You must have good eyesight. Tucudean is neither a target man Centre forward or a nippy, speedy forward. He has decent technical ability, but that is it.
  • I agree with the original post and I think George has something to offer. I'd play Harriott on the left, if anywhere, as he isn't a striker. At least when George plays the ball sticks up there a bit as without him Igor is fighting a losing battle.
  • I agree with the original post and I think George has something to offer. I'd play Harriott on the left, if anywhere, as he isn't a striker. At least when George plays the ball sticks up there a bit as without him Igor is fighting a losing battle.

He has something to offer, but he doesn't offer it very often.

• tucadean - a poor man's todorov imo. Happy to be proved wrong.