Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can you believe that the Leicester City fans actually want Pearson sacked?

I've just had a little look round Foxestalk in reaction to Pearson telling the moaning Leicester fans to "stay at home" and they're all calling for his head which I find remarkable.

Getting out of the championship is hard enough, but absolutely walking the league is an astonishing achievement. Leicester did not even spend that much money last year, contrary to popular belief. I therefore think it is beyond unreasonable to want Pearson out 14 games later! He's getting all the usual "he's out of his depth" comments (because the fans are experts) and "he's picking the wrong team" nonsense (because the fans see the players in training everyday).

Do the fans actually expect Leicester to continue winning in the same vein as last year?

In some ways, I find the Burnley fans' reaction to being in the premier league quite refreshing. They love Dyche, and even though they're clearly struggling and have little prospect of staying up, they recognise his fantastic achievements and will stick by him.

Anyway rant over. I hope that if we ever went up, we'd respect the job the manager did in getting us there in the first place.

Comments

• We did it in 98/99 and look how it benefited us.
  • When you look at their spend and infrastructure you might not agree, but they are bottom not beating teams in and around them, he also slated his own fans in an angry exchange,

It's understandable, and the sign of modern fans
  • Pearson was the best thing since sliced bread after beating man Utd not so long ago.

Fickle football fans strike again. As said above, its a sign of the times......in what is becoming a sport that I certainly don't enjoy as much as I used to.
  • Heard some of them on 606 on Saturday after the QPR defeat. Pathetic! They want Pearson sacked and Tony Pulis brought in.
  • Show me someone content with losing and ill show you a loser.
  • edited December 2014
    E-cafc said:

Heard some of them on 606 on Saturday after the QPR defeat. Pathetic! They want Pearson sacked and Tony Pulis brought in.

Why is it pathetic, you pay your money you are allowed an opinion, would you be happy if that was us right now, you may not want a change but you certainly wouldn't be happy surely

Same as the fox debate, immediately after a game feelings are high and angry and emotional, but isn't that what makes football great
  • Keeping Curbishley when we went on the losing run in the Premier League and when we were eventually relegated that season was what ensured the run we had in the top flight.

Had Curbishley gone after 14-games in 1998, we would have gone down to League One a lot sooner I reckon

Fans need to learn patience, there are too many stories where these knee jerk reactions are harming clubs (Charlton.. Wolves.. Norwich.. Fulham) where messing round with the Manager can seriously make the situation a lot worse whilst Newcastle have proven with Pardew that fortunes can be turned around so easily.

Leicester have just lost to Liverpool one of England's strongest teams... the spending difference is just crazy so what do they expect is going to happen

This. Fans now think that just because it worked for Palace it'll work for every team that's struggling.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's easy to point fingers at the Leicester fans, but would we be any different if we stormed the Championship, and struggled in the Premiership?

Sadly I fear not, football is all about short term ism, you're lucky to be in a job for 2 years anymore.
  • Keeping Curbishley when we went on the losing run in the Premier League and when we were eventually relegated that season was what ensured the run we had in the top flight.

Had Curbishley gone after 14-games in 1998, we would have gone down to League One a lot sooner I reckon

Fans need to learn patience, there are too many stories where these knee jerk reactions are harming clubs (Charlton.. Wolves.. Norwich.. Fulham) where messing round with the Manager can seriously make the situation a lot worse whilst Newcastle have proven with Pardew that fortunes can be turned around so easily.

Leicester have just lost to Liverpool one of England's strongest teams... the spending difference is just crazy so what do they expect is going to happen

This. Fans now think that just because it worked for Palace it'll work for every team that's struggling.
    Doesnt help that Pulis is available... All fans want him to stabilise their club and move them from trouble
  • It's so tough now for any promoted team. It really does depend on whether or not you feel he's the best man for the job and if he can keep them up. I think he's a decent manager, but they've obviously suffered a blip after their fantastic start.

Would someone like Pulis do a better job? I think they have a big decision to make because I was under the impression in that they're similar to QPR with FFP, if they get relegated they are outside the Championship regulations (I think - although I don't know what the crack is after the latest vote)
  • Leicester pumped money in hand over fist to get promoted for what, 3-4 years and Pearson took his time over it. Sure, last season they pissed it but after years of chucking big cash only a totally inept manager like Pearce at Forest could have failed.

They then went up, spent even more and find themselves below Burnley.

Personally I don't rate Pearson and never really have. Day he by far the better manager.
  • With Curbs when we first went up we had a group of players who gave it their all week in week out, unfortunately it wasn't enough that season and we got relegated, but they came back stronger the next time. However I firmly believe that our fans recognised the sheer effort that was being put in and therefore didn't get on their case or Curbs.

Losing doesn't bother me that much as everybody loses. Its the way you lose that gets my goat. If you give it your all and lose then you can't knock people for trying. If you can see they aren't trying thats different. If they are picking players that aren;t trying and not giving others a go, that is also different. I think this is where our fans differed with Curbs. You could see the effort being put in, especially during the early Premier seasons.

I am surprised that the fans are turning on Pearson and think managers who get them up should be given time to keep them there or at least give it a go. They earned that right, same as the players who go up with you. If however he loses confidence in the dressing room and has no way of motivating the players and fans can see that then its a bit different. We don't see what their fans see week in week out, so maybe we are quick to judge them as well.
  • The clue is in your opening post line, Nick. Fox Talk. It always brings out the most negative elements ;-)
  • I can actually believe it
  • Talal said:

Greenie said:

Show me someone content with losing and ill show you a loser.

Except it's not really being content with losing is it? It's realising the good work the manager has done previously and giving him time to sort things out. As has already been said it served us very well to do that with Curbs in 98/99.
    Nice does not make a winner, and if you think time will be given in the top flight of pro football in 2014 then you are living in the 70's.
  • Greenie said:

Talal said:

Greenie said:

Except it's not really being content with losing is it? It's realising the good work the manager has done previously and giving him time to sort things out. As has already been said it served us very well to do that with Curbs in 98/99.
    Nice does not make a winner, and if you think time will be given in the top flight of pro football in 2014 then you are living in the 70's.
    I wasn't even born in the 70's, old man ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearson deserves more time of course, but since the Man U victory there have been some very poor results. It's one thing losing against the top teams, but in their 7 defeats in 9, they've lost against Palace, West Brom and QPR, all teams they need to be beating.
  • Talal said:

Greenie said:

Talal said:

Greenie said:

I wasn't even born in the 70's, old man ;-)
    A fair point, well made......
  • What I've been thinking about, and, honestly, not in a gloating way, is that Ben Hamer could be a Championship keeper again, but this time won't even be playing. Unless, of course, Schmeichel leaves.
  • They wouldn't be the first team newly promoted to the Prem and struggling.

Okay, they are 2 points behind safety with only 24 games to play...........
    4 games ago, Burnley seemed a lost cause and now they're out of the relegation zone.

Leicester as a club, manager, players and supporters need to remember they need to be together if they wish to be successful. That's what made them runaway champions last season.

And if they should be relegated, the foundations (and money) will be in place for another promotion push next season.

• I never criticise other fans, especially season ticket holders who go to game after game. Why do you think you know better than them - how many Leicester games have YOU seen over the past 3 or 4 years ??? They have seen far more games than you & have a better insight into the squad and who is and is not playing.

Its a bit like a Cardiff fan asking why you moan at Simon Church.....a player than plays game in & game out for Wales - and you have the temerity to say that an International payer is not good enough for lowly Charlton !!
  • LenGlover said:

Charlton fans wanted Alan Curbishley and Chris Powell sacked when they were doing good jobs so yes I can believe it.

SOME Charlton fans just as I guess SOME Leicester fans want Pearson gone.

Indeed but that is not what the thread title says and that is what I was responding to.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Charlton fans wanted Alan Curbishley and Chris Powell sacked when they were doing good jobs so yes I can believe it.

SOME Charlton fans just as I guess SOME Leicester fans want Pearson gone.

Indeed but that is not what the thread title says and that is what I was responding to.
    I know.
  • Bet they're all sorry they got rid of Kermogant now. Who knows where they could be?