Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Black Friday

12346»

Comments

• Options

why is it called black friday?

I think it's because it's the day of the year that the majority of retailers profits move 'into the black' at the beginning of the Christmas shopping period.
  • Options

Looking around for a half decent / cheap laptop

Lenovo 'ideapad' is literally £100 at the moment, but it's just a tablet processor in a portable laptop so it's not gonna do any more for you than a bit of word processing, browsing, skype etc. really.

hotukdeals.com is very handy for days like today, can also filter by 'computing' to just look at laptops basically. Comments in each "deal" are generally pretty useful if you're interested in one.
  • Options
    Some say Latrien is frantically googling 'Black Friday central midfielder' as we speak.
  • Options

why is it called black friday?

I think it's because it's the day of the year that the majority of retailers profits move 'into the black' at the beginning of the Christmas shopping period.
    I've heard that traditionally in America it was called Black Friday because loads of people didn't come into work the day after thanksgiving and retailers just carried the name over.
  • Options
    Tune. I like a bit of Steely Dan.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    you beat me to it ((:>) .. this is the album version .. Katy Lied ,., a good CARD title
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    Bought all my vista's presents for people today. Turns out none of the discounts are on anything you or anyone else actually wants so a total saving of FA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had a pint of Peroni for £5.20.

Thank fuck for Black Friday , Would've been £5.25 before they save me.

I bought 10, just to be sure.
  • Options
    Got a Chromecast from Currys for £18 and a couple of PS4 games on PSN for under 20 quid. Deals on PS Plus membership on CD Keys too. £35 for a year.
  • Options
    Bought all my Christmas presents in 10 minutes.

Sustained minor injuries.

Thank god that's over for another year.

It's the thought that counts.