Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in red red robin your time is up?

Comments

• Options
    I think Y.M.C.A would create some atmosphere
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good question about when it was first played. It was being played in 1980 and that's good enough for me. Keep it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

drewman said:

That's like saying Liverpool need something more upbeat than YNWA.

It's part of us.

Think YNWA is a bit more anthemic and singalong-able than RRR.
    Both American songs and both have no place in English football. I see no reason why either club adopted them. If we were still known as the Robins or Liverpool were always worried about getting home safely then maybe there would be a small arguement.
    Nonsense.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Riviera said:

drewman said:

It's part of us.

Both American songs and both have no place in English football. I see no reason why either club adopted them. If we were still known as the Robins or Liverpool were always worried about getting home safely then maybe there would be a small arguement.
    Nonsense.
    Double bollix the original post
  • Options
    edited November 2014

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

drewman said:

It's part of us.

Nonsense.
    Double bollix the original post...Gerry and the Pacemakers about as scouse as you can get (yes I know it was a cover but it was that cover that was adopted by the Kop)
  • Options
    At least we're not Everton and have to listen to Z-Cars every matchday.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Ha ha true!!
  • Options

Hell NO... Its one of many things that put Charlton apart as a Football club... If we were to ditch Red Red Robin why not...

(1) Get Cheerleaders
    (2) Replace our Stadium with the generic bowl shape design.

Just NO end off!!

we basically have that now, what the f*ck are that dance troupe about?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Z-cars as bad as Pigbag at QPR?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Since we're making demands, whenever the NU sing Since I was young, can everyone else just sing ANYTHING to drown it out?

Even if it means singing Miiiiiiiiii
  • Options
    As this has turned into a general moan about what we sing, can we make sure for the big games this season that VFR is not sped up so fast? I know everyone has had too much haribo before the game but I could barely keep up yesterday. And I listen to hip hop!
  • Options
    What happened to since I was Young
    Don't think that got an airing saturday , unless it was sung so quick I missed it
  • Options
    Valleyfloydroadthemistrollinginfromthethamesmydesireisalwaystobefoundatvalleyfloydroad.

And breathe.
  • Options

What happened to since I was Young
    Don't think that got an airing saturday , unless it was sung so quick I missed it

Was being sung fairly early on in the game by the Covered End Choir, but definately wasn't being sung as much as usual. Replaced with anti-Millwall chants, I think! :-)
  • Options
    Why not negotiate? so how about keep the red red robin lyrics but add some sort of Dub step/drum & bass/jungle background tune to it?...
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

That's a classic piece of 'proper' football music! Much rather that than something allegedly more 'motivational'
  • Options
    Think we should make more of RRR - would help if drummers/ NU joined in, instead of conflicting with it - what about shouting "Live, love, laugh and be happy" as loudly as we can at the appropriate moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please stop raising this subject, the Red Robin Rules !
  • Options

Hell NO... Its one of many things that put Charlton apart as a Football club... If we were to ditch Red Red Robin why not...

(1) Get Cheerleaders
    (2) Replace our Stadium with the generic bowl shape design.

Just NO end off!!

where are you at h/t?

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Why not negotiate? so how about keep the red red robin lyrics but add some sort of Dub step/drum & bass/jungle background tune to it?...

We should have Dizzie Rascal sing a rap verse half way through, specifically noting his troubles with bitches and money
  • Options
    Come on people, turn those speakers up full and click the link.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzbcBtuCmio
  • Options
    Have to say I am surprised, given Katrien's love of dance music, that the RRR has not been replaced yet with something northern european like 2 Unlimited. That could be fitting as there seems to be No Limit to the downward spiral they seem intent on taking us.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Have to say I am surprised, given Katrien's love of dance music, that the RRR has not been replaced yet with something northern european like 2 Unlimited. That could be fitting as there seems to be No Limit to the downward spiral they seem intent on taking us.

we could have the players running out to N-Trance
  • Options

drewman said:

we could have the players running out to N-Trance
    I think its us who want to be Set Free, from the belgian meglamaniac!
  • Options
    Leave the song, get rid of the management/owners, start there.
  • Options
    Personally I am astounded KM has not tackled this as part of one of her Apprentice-type corporate away-day think-tanks. Given the only Belgian singer I can think of, guess it's either Ca Plan Pour Moi or the Belgian national anthem (presuming they have one)?

Suggest the song the team runs out to is the least of our problems at the moment. Given it was played on Tuesday and we immediately went 2-0 up, how about we play a snatch of it every time the ball goes off?