Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How much would you bother to pick up?

I picked up a 20p coin up off the pavement yesterday, but I had to think twice whether to. I probably would not have bothered for anything less. I then wondered do other people have a lower limit.

Comments

• You having a laugh or what?
  • Once found a tenner walking the dog. That's my upper limit.
  • £50 if I've run out of toilet paper.
  • If see it I pick it up. There are always charity boxes to put it in.
  • edited November 2014
    Got to be £15 then I can get into our biggest game of the season in 2 days...
  • A penny, spit on it put in my pocket and wish for 3 points on Saturday
  • I leave anything for those less fortunate than myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• I leave anything for those less fortunate than myself.

More unfortunate than living up north??
  • I can half remember a rhyme, 'see a penny pick it up..... can't remember the rest!
  • I can half remember a rhyme, 'see a penny pick it up..... can't remember the rest!

'Makes you look like a tight fecker'
  • All day long you'll have good luck
  • That's it Mouts

...'You can hope for all you want but millwall will still beat us, f***'.

Finished it for you
  • Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.
  • Please don't get all righteous on me but I am going to quote a phrase from 1980s school days

Jew Boy
  • CL Thread of the Year
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking thread. Family-friendly (on the most part) and has provoked some fantastic debate.

Me, I'd pick only up 50p or more. If you bother with any less than that you are clearly scum.
  • £50 if I've run out of toilet paper.

Hi Mr Ridgewell
  • I used to sit at the front of the East stand. Walking up the steps after a game, a young lad (18 ish) and I both spotted a £20 note on a step in front of us.

We knew we had both seen it and shot each other a glance. The lad told me how he was skint as he'd done his bollocks at the bookies.

Being a charitable soul (mug) - I told him to pick it up.

He thanked me and picked it up with a smile.

He then pulled apart two £20 notes, smiled even more and stuffed both of them in his pocket and strolled off!

I was so gobsmacked that he hadn't split the forty quid I didn't even give him any abuse.

Wasn't Jesper Carrot was it?

That event might have inspired a new TV show
  • It can't have been.

I think it would be impossible not to give Jasper Carrot abuse.
  • 10 Garys at a festival
  • edited November 2014
    Spare a thought for @colthe3rd‌ he's made a decent reference there and no ones having any of it. Tough crowd
  • a quid - but I kick it first to make sure no one is playing the 'glue the pound to the floor' trick.
  • PL54 said:

Please don't get all righteous on me but I am going to quote a phrase from 1980s school days

Jew Boy

We used to shout "Jew rush" if anyone dropped money. Not saying it was right or funny just stating fact.