Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Striker on Trial

Comments

• Options
    If it is De Melo and has been released by Evian how good does that make him?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Played over 100 games for Lille, can't be bad!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

LenGlover said:

There was a six foot plus player watching the Reading game yesterday. Looked a bit like a thinner Asrit Adjarevic.

Might be him.

EVERYONE looks like a thinner Astrit.
    Eric Pickles doesn't look like a sinner anybody.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Better than Pigott, Church, KAG, Reza, Piotr and probably George
  • Options
    At 1.93 m ( 6'4") he passes the height test with flying colours.

Wikipedia says
    Early career & Breakthrough (2003–08)[edit]

Túlio de Melo started his career with Atlético Mineiro, and moved to Europe in 2004 to join Danish top-flight team Aalborg BK on loan. In 2005 he signed a three-year contract with French club Le Mans, where he gained a reputation as a powerful striker with the ability to lob keepers of international class from range. His impressive performances in the first half of the 2007–08 season (10 goals in 19 matches) caused interest from higher level teams, namely Serie A clubs Palermo and Parma. His name later caused controversy between these teams as it appeared he actually signed contracts with both clubs, but eventually it was Palermo who finalized his signing.[1] Palermo paid the agent "SCMG Sport Consulting & Management Gmbh" €3.8 million to sign his outright.[2]

Palermo & Lille (2008–present)[edit]

He joined the Rosanero on July 2008, but he was soon listed for transfer by the club, and managed only to play 45 minutes in a Coppa Italia match, a 2–1 home loss to Ravenna.

On August 31, 2008 Ligue 1 club Lille announced to have completed the signing of Túlio de Melo from Palermo, for €4 million.[2][3]

He left Lille in January 2014, signing with Evian Thonon Gaillard F.C..[4]
    I remember him vaguely from his time at Aalborg in Denmark where he was one of the more prolific strikers in the Superliga, but that was some years ago. Would love if he could follow Igor's form and win Championship plyer of the month in, say, December 2014.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

LenGlover said:

There was a six foot plus player watching the Reading game yesterday. Looked a bit like a thinner Asrit Adjarevic.

Might be him.

EVERYONE looks like a thinner Astrit.
    Eric Pickles doesn't look like a sinner anybody.
    Saw Eric Pickles down at Bluewater on Saturday. Mingled in well with some of the locals :0O
  • Options
    Ketts now says he will not play in the game today. Maybe we have seen enough either way in training.
  • Options
    So if he hasn't gone down the well-worn "starts off as Brazilian but gets a Portuguese passport" route does anyone know how he would get a work permit for the UK?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

So if he hasn't gone down the well-worn "starts off as Brazilian but gets a Portuguese passport" route does anyone know how he would get a work permit for the UK?

He's played in France for 6 years so will almost certainly by now have 'indefinite leave to remain' in France - which means he has access to the UK due to the free movement of labour (I seem to recall a minor thread on the topic over the last week or so!!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0.23 goals a game for De Melo... Not sure how many assists but that isn't great.

46 goals in 197 appearances.

Tucudean has 0.275 goals per game at 41 in 149. once again no idea how many assists.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

0.23 goals a game for De Melo... Not sure how many assists but that isn't great.

Tucudean has 0.275 goals per game at 41 in 149. once again no idea how many assists.

And Kermorgant's record before joining us?

Not trying to be sarcastic (and yes should move on) but just curious compared to these two...
  • Options
    I'm guessing we wanted to keep it under wraps and now that the name is out there we have decided not to play him. Either that or we've seenhim in training and he is the next Ali Dia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    0.23 goals to games
    58 goals in 250 games
    No idea on assists.

Dazzler21 said:

And Kermorgant's record before joining us?

Not trying to be sarcastic (and yes should move on) but just curious compared to these two...
    his record at CAFC and AFCB is 0.35 Goals per game. total is 0.27 goals per game
  • Options
    Cheers... Quite similar to Tucudean and this apparent guy then... Yet saying that Yann has never been the out and out Striker so wont have a good goals to game record
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Already been said he is not a goalscoring forward, he is the man you put alongside a goalscorer to help him out, a bit like a Heskey type of player someone to hold up the ball and let Vetokele bang it in
  • Options
    Talal said:

I do love a good non goal scoring striker....

Isnt there a new position word that Football Manager uses for this kind of position... Beings with a "T" and almost like Tortoise (Which is perfectly named for some of our historic Strikers)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Talal said:

We have got one, Simon Church
    We have more than one
  • Options

Talal said:

Isnt there a new position word that Football Manager uses for this kind of position... Beings with a "T" and almost like Tortoise (Which is perfectly named for some of our historic Strikers)
    Tuchus?
  • Options
    what a load of bullshit this was then, shame on you whoever made it up
  • Options
    In that heady rush after we won I got caught up in it. FFS.
  • Options
    Talal said:

i do love a football fan that thinks goals are the be all and end all for a striker. Remember Yann? Heskey in his prime? These are the kind of strikers other players love to play with.
  • Options

Talal said:

i do love a football fan that thinks goals are the be all and end all for a striker. Remember Yann? Heskey in his prime? These are the kind of strikers other players love to play with.
    Sense of humour bypass today then.
  • Options

Cheers... Quite similar to Tucudean and this apparent guy then... Yet saying that Yann has never been the out and out Striker so wont have a good goals to game record

Tucudeans scoring record means nout in essence, he's being playing at both a very poor level in Romania, and top tier Romania which is still relatively a poor level even compared to the Championship.

Not to blast him but he's going to have to stick in a lot more graft here to adapt.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Sense of humour bypass today then.
    fuck. NOT AGAIN.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cfgs said:

Ketts now says he will not play in the game today. Maybe we have seen enough either way in training.

Or he never existed and you're all mental.
    or both