Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst class you ever took In school

13»

Comments

• Options

Computer studies.
    Got basically forced to take it as an option because I was in the top x% at maths.
    The school had only just opened its first computer suite with bbc b machines (I think that's what they were called). Anyhow, this suite was an adjoining room to the classroom so rarely had the teacher in it. You'd do your theory in the classroom, which was whatever our maths teacher had learnt at computer night school class the previous evening, then put it into practice in the suite.
    The trouble was all the monitors could be switched to TVs so I spent my time watching what was 1984-6 equivalent of Jeremy Kyle.
    Like oohahh, a 'U' grade was proudly achieved.

THIS. I dropped computer studies in the 5th year after my mocks. I also wanted to drop French as I could never grasp the male/female & past tenses. Wasnt allowed as I had already dropped computer studies so had to carry on. I took 7 "o" levels, obtaining 6 (3 "b"s & 3 "c"'s).......and a U in French - I told them I was no good at it !!!

PS - History. I really wished more emphasis is on modern history, ie the last 150 years, as that is what is shaping us now.. All I remember learning about was the Stone Age, Iron Age & 1066 and all that - I don't see too many of them blowing up buildings or invading the Balkans.
    Im pretty sure most GCSE/A level history is now modern History. My nieces are currently learning about the Cold War, which must be so dull.
  • Options
    Art

I am seriously incapable of drawing anything.

My children laugh at me about it.
  • Options

Latin. First class of Grammar School. From the friendly helpful teachers of my primary school I was confronted with the twisted traumatised leftovers from WW2 that that school employed. A terrible awakening for a rather innocent 11 year old.

Actually same in my experience what the teachers lacked in teaching ability (which was quite a lot) they compensated with some fantastic war stories ...I am absolutely convinced to this day one of them thought he was captain Hurricane
  • Options
    Religious Education, no contest, pointless.
  • Options
    Art - My highest position in the twice yearly exams out of a class of 30 was joint 29th !!!

it was all painting and drawing, not like you learnt about art history etc.