Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst class you ever took In school

I've Never have been one to hate school, but ever so often you get that one class where you just say why did I take this??

Comments

• Options
    most of them
  • Options
    German. Hated it :-)
  • Options
    Used to hate chemistry and physics so would go and sit in the toilet, put my walkman on and read Sounds. Good times.
  • Options
    Would have to be languages, they're taught so badly in the UK
  • Options
    Art was my disaster subject. I dreaded the 1.5 hour lesson each week. I think I came bottom or next to bottom in art every time. The teacher referred my landscape as looking like a rotten potato. I lost all my confidence after that :-)
  • Options
    Latin

Critical Thinking

Music
  • Options
    Golfie's favourite subject is Critical Thinking :-)
  • Options
    Sextus and Marcus

• Options
    Religious Studies... Each week was a new game of how many bags/tables/chair/people can we chuck out the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a 'class' per se, but I did attend a palaeontology lecture once on the evolution of bivalves from the Silurian to the Ordovician.

What a wild and crazy life I led.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Religious Studies... Each week was a new game of how many bags/tables/chair/people can we chuck out the window.

We used to do that in Maths! Happy days.

I was never keen on Geography.
  • Options
    I was always hopeless at DT at school. Kind of wish i made more of an effort since nowadays i think i'd love to starting making things like a desk or a dog house or something.
  • Options
    Religious studies...

GCSE in it without taking a single word of it in during lessons. Those wholly hours could have been put to better use.
  • Options
    Technical Drawing. Was absolutely hopeless at it. I got on really well with the teacher though and he could see I was trying. We were getting towards the end of the year when we chose our options and I was making a complete hash of the latest drawing. The teacher was walking around the class checking, came to me, let out a little laugh, put his hand on my shoulder and said "let me give you a bit of advice Russ, don't take TD as one of your O level options"
  • Options
    Inglish, hopeless at it
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Woodwork.

The teacher actually wrote that I was unteachable on my school report.

I tried but just could not do it.

I have been scared of DIY ever since unless it is basic labouring or digging which I could, when younger and fitter, do.
  • Options
    Has to be Latin.

Amo, amas, amat NOT !
  • Options
    German. The teacher had so little control I was actually embarrassed.

French. Arrived from primary school quite keen then spent several years growing to truly hate it.

I hated my O Level Chemistry teacher so much that I still count the moment that he fell flat on his back right in front of me as one of the great moments in my life.

Felt the same way about my Art teacher, but sadly he never fell over.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Woodwork.

I have been scared of DIY ever since unless it is basic labouring or digging which I could, when younger and fitter, do.

Yeah, why aren't `labouring' and `digging' subjects in the national curriculum? Imagine the exam for `A' Level Digging lol

Anyway, French for me. I had absolutely zero interest in it which culminated in my final exam score in the subject of 8%. Lets be honest, you could get that by accident. The look of disdain from the teacher as she dropped my exam paper on my desk was beautiful though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woodwork. I was marked as satisfactory, which was a euphemism for "shouldn't be allowed anywhere near sharp instruments".
  • Options
    RE, the only subject where you're expected to respect patently wrong answers.
  • Options

Technical Drawing. Was absolutely hopeless at it. I got on really well with the teacher though and he could see I was trying. We were getting towards the end of the year when we chose our options and I was making a complete hash of the latest drawing. The teacher was walking around the class checking, came to me, let out a little laugh, put his hand on my shoulder and said "let me give you a bit of advice Russ, don't take TD as one of your O level options"

That's a cracking teacher, right there. I remember my Science teacher - Bob Henderson - once telling someone in class that "science is a subject for everyone... except you". He was right, mind - the kid was denser than lead.
  • Options
    RE and PSE (Personal and Social Education). PSE was the biggest pile of liberal crap ever. Went to two lessons in 6 months.
  • Options
    Maths . Hated every minute of it and still do.
    Didn't like history either but i absolutely love it now .
  • Options
    Inglish.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Woodwork.

A metalwork teacher said much the same about me. 3 years after calling me "the village idiot" with no aptitude for his subject I was doing an engineering apprenticeship.
  • Options

Inglish, hopeless at it

Surely not, Friend Or Defoe !

Has to be reading or comprehension.....

:-)