Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    I already told you, 3rd round away to Arsenal, moved to the Sunday for TV while I am in the air flying back to Portugal, nailed on it is. Oh - and of course it will be a famous cup giant killing... :-)
  • Options

Blimey has it come round already, I wonder what toe curling embarrassment is in store for us THIS year?

Nothing embarrassing about losing in the last 8 of the best domestic knockout cup in the world!
    na, it would only of been embarrassing if we lost to a team in the league below us................... oh wait
    I wasn't embarrassed, very disappointed yes. And we were hardly worlds apart from Sheff Utd at that point was we.
  • Options
    The teams we are due to play on FA Cup days

Fourth Round Proper Saturday 24 January 2015 (Wolves Away)
    Fifth Round Proper Saturday 14 February 2015 (Brentford Home)
    Sixth Round Proper Saturday 7 March 2015 (Cardiff Away)
    Semi Final Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 April 2015 (Leeds Home)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dansk_Red said:

Planning a weekender for the Cardiff game, unless we actually get Cardiff away in that round I'll be disappointed it's moved!
  • Options
    When do they confirm first round dates/ televised games?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Can't see Leeds getting to the semis........
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Hmm, Wolves and Cardiff were both away games I had my eye on. I had the same issue last season, arranged a weekend up in Yorkshire for the Leeds game, which turned into the Wednesday cup game, which turned into a free afternoon!
  • Options

When do they confirm first round dates/ televised games?

One replay left (tonight), I should imagine they will make their minds up about TV games tomorrow as the matches are the weekend after next.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Riviera said:

1st Round. Bromley v Dartford......

Looks like it was a cracker indeed. Anyone go?
  • Options
    Cracking game.
    Bromley started very lively and their build up play was excellent. Good early goal, but after quarter of an hour, could not keep the tempo up and Dartford came back into it.
    As for the second half, it was a real dogfight, sloppy half, but with the pitch starting to hold the downfall made for a cracker.
    As mentioned elsewhere, both sides looked shaky defending set pieces.
    Nice ground/ clubhouse, and good turnout 4000+
    Had to laugh at the pre match ritual of the Dartford keeper ( holding the goal posts and praying) and one goes in within the first five.
    When's the draw for the second round?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Monday 7-7.30pm BBC2
  • Options
    The current multi game dross being shown on BBC1 is farcicle, they haven't got the sky sports weaponry, so why try.
    Just sling a game on, comment on it, and at half time go around the grounds for a review.
    The BBC are getting worse and worse.
  • Options

The current multi game dross being shown on BBC1 is farcicle, they haven't got the sky sports weaponry, so why try.
    Just sling a game on, comment on it, and at half time go around the grounds for a review.

Does not seem that bad to me.
  • Options
    So it's Dartford away in the 3rd round then.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good result for Maidstone. Not sure Stevenage will fancy the plastic down there in the replay.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Good result for Maidstone. Not sure Stevenage will fancy the plastic down there in the replay.

Could definitely be an upset there. Will be taking an interest on the home win price on Betfair.
  • Options
    Think the chance was today for Maidstone. Unbelievable performance. Not only out battled them but more than held our own in every aspect.

Cracking away support in numbers and noise - had more or less half the total crowd.

Hope we get the replay on the box but I think the chance to beat them was today. Great day out though.
  • Options

Think the chance was today for Maidstone. Unbelievable performance. Not only out battled them but more than held our own in every aspect.

Cracking away support in numbers and noise - had more or less half the total crowd.

Hope we get the replay on the box but I think the chance to beat them was today. Great day out though.

Was Bradley Jordan a sub for Maidstone ? Our U21 captain who was released in the summer.

• Options

Was Bradley Jordan a sub for Maidstone ? Our U21 captain who was released in the summer.

Yes, he was an unused sub.
  • Options

I actually enjoyed the BBC coverage today, and loved them showing the goals as they went in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The evening review was better
  • Options
    Wrexham away isn't the most exciting draw but The Stones replay is live on BT sport next Thursday. All four clubs featured in BT Sport’s replay coverage will receive £33,750, with the winners taking home £18,000.

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2014/11/bt-sport-selects-stones-replay/
  • Options
    Delighted it's on the Thur as I'm in Glasgow for the England game till Wed, so thought I was going to miss out.

Bit disappointing the tv money is halved for replays but every little helps.

IF we get through that's a horrible draw as it's a mission to get too. And I'll most likely miss it asmI'm booked for Forest away on the Sat.
  • Options
    2 games on BBC this season

2 shocks

FA Cup magic right there
  • Options
    Anyone take Blyth in the next round?
  • Options
    Great stuff again but those post-match interviews were almost incomprehensible - how could a non native English speaker possibly understand a Geordie accent?
  • Options
    Unusually I wanted Hartlepool to win. I usually support the underdogs, but I've warmed to The Pools. The Smurfs and The Oopahloompahs were fantastic. I think their fans deserve better than they got. That said, I still couldn't stop myself from feeling glad for Blyth at the end.
  • Options
    For those moaning about our FA Cup record, spare a thought for QPR fans.
    2 FA Cup ties won in the last 10 years.
    45 third round defeats in 69 tries.
  • Options
    It's a Charlton tradition. 4th round draw waiting to see who we would of been playing if we weren't so shit in the 3rd round...
  • Options
    So are any of these Ties being broadcast in the UK? Because tomorrow morning here in the states, Dover vs Crystal Palace is being shown on fox sports. Never thought I'd get to see the crabble athletic ground in HD