Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    He made an awful mistake to let in Tom Ince but he spurned it. Goes to show that you might only remember the mistakes that are punished.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

He made an awful mistake to let in Tom Ince but he spurned it. Goes to show that you might only remember the mistakes that are punished.

solly got turned inside out and left for dead by antonio in the first half and he fluffed his lines. So i also agree, to an extent.
  • Options
    Needs to sort his barnet out.
  • Options

solly got turned inside out and left for dead by antonio in the first half and he fluffed his lines. So i also agree, to an extent.
    I was in the stand on Solly's side and I must disagree on this statement, yes he got past Solly a couple of times, but I will put someone else's money on it that Solly won more times, that is why Antonio was moved to the centre for a while.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I was in the stand on Solly's side and I must disagree on this statement, yes he got past Solly a couple of times, but I will put someone else's money on it that Solly won more times, that is why Antonio was moved to the centre for a while.
    there was one particular moment where he completely gave solly the slip and made him eat his dust, i agree with you but the point being that it was a mistake from solly being out of position but we weren't punished so no one remembers or complains.
  • Options
    Fox had a poor game. He gets out of posistion to often, he can not pass the ball out of defence. So many of his long balls out of defence where over hit, also dithers. How many time did he hang to the ball then try to clear only for the ball to be intercepted by an opponent only 2-3 yds away for example.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Fox had a poor game. He gets out of posistion to often, he can not pass the ball out of defence. So many of his long balls out of defence where over hit, also dithers. How many time did he hang to the ball then try to clear only for the ball to be intercepted by an opponent only 2-3 yds away for example.

We must've been watching a different game on Saturday. The only one of the back four that had problems with distribution on Saturday was bikey. A full backs job is to stop crosses coming in, which he did brilliantly throughout the first half.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

In the game I watched he had an outstanding 1st half & an average 2nd half. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Oggy Red said:

Just had a glance at the player marks thread for the Forest game.

Most people marked Fox with 6.5s and 7s, which suggests to me that he had a decent enough game.

The few that marked him 5 seem to be some of the same people who slag him off on this thread.

Are those people marking a player with prejudice, rather than on actual performance?

As I said earlier Oggster, he did ok nothing special but I see from the Stabank that he was deemed to be the worst defender scoring below the team average and only Wilson scored lower. Not knocking him just highlighting what the 33 lifers who gave marks, thought of him by comparison to the rest of the team.

There seems to be over reactions from both those that dislike him and those that won't have a cross word said against an academy product. I would like to think and Lancs himself has said before that these marks tend to even out the extreme viewpoints.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Being at the game, I personally thought he was poor against Forest. Its not down to lack of application or even intelligence in his game, but I'm not entirely sure he is a left back.

To cover that position you need to have pace and you need to be extremely fit so you are never caught out of position. I don't see those traits as part of Foxy's game unfortunately.

He strikes me as someone who would be better off in a defensive midfielder role (not for us right now, but for himself generally), or maybe even as a center back as he has height and would be less prone to being caught out by pace.

I was also surprised they didn't put Antonio on him in the second half as he would have absolutely ripped him to shreds. Though saying that, Tom Ince can be a handful himself as he demonstrated a couple of times.
  • Options
    I think he's the best full back ever to pull on the CAFC shirt. In all honesty I cannot for the life of me understand why Barca have not made a Sqwillion pound bid for him.

Does that help the people on here who cannot stand anyone having a difference of opinion to them?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I think he's the best full back ever to pull on the CAFC shirt. In all honesty I cannot for the life of me understand why Barca have not made a Sqwillion pound bid for him.

Does that help the people on here who cannot stand anyone having a difference of opinion to them?

That's more like it Lionel.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

just a sqwillion? Why do you hate our players? Morgan Fox is worth at least a jillion pounds.
  • Options
    Doing well today isn't he?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Again his name creates disappointment. I open them all enthusiastically expecting this..............

• Options

Couldn't wait for that could you?

From what I can tell Fox was playing fine and even prevented a couple more likely goals by making good blocks. Central defence and goal keeper have been the issue. Fox was taken off because Bob realized that he'd got it wrong putting Solly in midfield. We all know he likes Gomez a lot and even Fox's biggest fan would say Bob is right to rate him higher than Fox. He wasn't going to take Solly, TBH or Bikey off so the only other option was Fox.

Subbed by default today because Bob got his starting XI wrong, not as a direct consequence of anything Fox did. But you carry on with your petty point scoring.

Easy, this is what I was talking about lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fair enough, but it doesn't look that way when you say it after he's been subbed
  • Options
    Yeah timing probably wasn't the best
  • Options
    Wasn't at game but listening to radio and reading match reports he wasn't at faukt for either goal yet he's been hung out to dry. Well done all
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Wasn't at game but listening to radio and reading match reports he wasn't at faukt for either goal yet he's been hung out to dry. Well done all

His Manager wasn't too happy with him either;

BP's post match comments: "I think Morgan was struggling a bit. He is a young gun and he didn’t play his best games these past few weeks.

"[Alex] Baptiste was always coming in the first half that is why I put the more experienced Chris Solly against him.
  • Options
    He still wasn't at fault for either goal and as some said above he realised early doors solly in midfield was mistake and would rather keep,him on , rightly so, so has, IMO hung fox out to dry for his mistake. Solly didn't work in midfield st home against bottom of table it sure has hell wasn't going to work against Blackburn.
  • Options
    Last few weeks Bob has seemed in his post match comments hung out players ... The likes of TBH should be able to take it and sort it out with Bob in the changing room, but I'm pretty sure it is unfair on Pope and Fox as young first teamers
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Last few weeks Bob has seemed in his post match comments hung out players ... The likes of TBH should be able to take it and sort it out with Bob in the changing room, but I'm pretty sure it is unfair on Pope and Fox as young first teamers

Excuses bingo, not a good sign.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Kap10 said:

He's just being honest. I agree with him. What's the point in lying ?

He was asked why Fox was subbed and told the truth. He wasn't & hasn't been playing well. He added that as a young gun, that was understandable.

Bob's truthful & supportive & I'd rather that, than a load of horseshit.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

He's just being honest. I agree with him. What's the point in lying ?

He was asked why Fox was subbed and told the truth. He wasn't & hasn't been playing well. He added that as a young gun, that was understandable.

Bob's truthful & supportive & I'd rather that, than a load of horseshit.
    You maybe right but I would rather the Ferguson approach of supporting players in public and managing their faults and errors in private. It's all very well being honest with the fans but his loyalty is to the players.
  • Options
    Lest we forget, Wiggins got injured.