Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Don't normally say this after 3-0 defeat...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

I was more disappointed with our performance at Bournemouth. We played some superb football in that 2nd half and Fulham couldn't get near us.

Superb? Really?

Unless the football ends in either a goal or a near miss/very good save it's all going through the motions.

Not as bad as the last two performances I had to watch in that bloody pub (Millwall home and Sheff utd cup) but the first half was down there with those and I really don't think the second half made up for it.
  • Options

I thought on balance we deserved a point. Lots of possession but with our top striker out couldn't make it count.

Unfortunately our top striker seems to be our only striker.
  • Options

Awful match but even worse was the journey there & back on the tube - simply awful - and the atmosphere & behaviour of the Charlton fans fighting with the police, fighting with themselves, all standing up, smoking & so jammed packed you couldn't move. All together a horrible experience & I shan't be attending more away matches this season after that experience. Isn't the Charlton I love

Journey there and back would've been made worse by the problems on the tube. Entirely Charlton's fault. Away fans standing at a London derby? Surely not... Jam packed in a sold out stand? That is strange. And personally speaking I didn't see any 'fighting' at all.
  • Options
    Watched the game on the tele , thought the noise from our fans at the ground came across really really well, why do we have to wait until we're 2-0 before we start playing football?

The first half was instantly forgetable , a car crash in motion, and enough to tun you off of watching football , it showed how weak our squad is with a few players missing, we must do better Charlton.

But second half was a different story , i thought we battered them , without any end product, what this result will do for confidence and morale i've no idea, but Bob's got his work cut out.

• Options
    Thought the final score was a little harsh for you guys but guess if you don't turn up for half and hour or so it will cause trouble.

Missing a couple of key players- Main striker injured?
  • Options

Thought the final score was a little harsh for you guys but guess if you don't turn up for half and hour or so it will cause trouble.

Missing 4 of what we would class as our regular starters, although one came on for the last 35 minutes.

Most vital being no Igor or Wiggins IMO.
  • Options

Left back out - back-up got roasted by McCormack, subbed halfway through the second half as our manager thought a CM could do a better job there.
    Europa League CM suspended - pulls all the strings midfield. You don't realise how much you miss them until they're not in the team.
    Most creative outlet just coming back from injury (played second half) - the evidence was there, we looked much more of a threat when he came on.
    Most lethal forward in the division - gonna be a big miss, especially with no obvious quality to back it up.

Thank god none of them will be missing for any lengthy periods.
  • Options
    They weren't just morons there last night. Thugs of all ages - late teens to 70 year olds being abusive and fighting with the police & themselves. They were a disgrace to the club. I've been to loads of away games in my time but last night was by far the worst. Loads of stewards but doing nothing than add to the congestion. You couldn't move on the concourse let alone breath, a mass of people not bothering to find their seats & no one sitting down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:

Rob said:

I agree. I thought in the 2nd half we played very well but we were chasing the game. Even in the 1st half, after the 1st 15 minute debacle, I thought we did OK.

Just to confirm - you thought charlton played well in the first half after their 2 goals. Really?
    No, I said I thought we did ok.

I recorded the game so watched the 2nd half over again to see if we had played that much better. To be honest we were better but Fulham still created the more clear cut chances. I think after the first half, at least turning up for the second was a positive. Overall, not a good day at the office though.

We were missing Buyens, Igor and Wiggins. Bulot picked up a hammy and JBG only played for 30 minutes so this probably didn't help.
  • Options

a mass of people not bothering to find their seats & no one sitting down.

Get a grip mate.

• Options
    dizzee said:

We were terrible. Couldn't pass it, couldn't counter, couldn't do anything other than give it away. Fulham were not great, but we were that bad that we deserved to be beaten 3-0.

• Options
    dizzee said:

We were terrible. Couldn't pass it, couldn't counter, couldn't do anything other than give it away. Fulham were not great, but we were that bad that we deserved to be beaten 3-0.

• Options
    dizzee said:

• Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options

A game of two halves. We need to get in the box more.

It might help if we could get the ball in the box too.
    Also, 13? corners - but how many of them got into the danger area? not many.
  • Options
    We didn't score a goal Fulham scored 3. At 2-0 it's easy to take your foot off the gas and let the other team do the running, we've done that a few times this season.
    Fulham, IMO, have some good players and their starting 11 are probably better than ours.They have got rid of the fruit cake of a coach and have now kicked on. I would expect them to finish above us.
    I'm not too disappointed, we are not a top 6 at the moment but also I really cant see us struggling to get enough points at home this season.
    Work in progress this season I'll have a little bit higher expectations next year.
  • Options
    November - five games decide our season! We play well and pick up three wins then CAFC stick to the plan and bring in two quality players in January.
    This season we will either finish with around 65 or have a crack at the top six...a lot of football to be played so no need for people to cracking up?
    We are so much better than this time last year and I can understand why some want us to push on immediately, but it's going to take time and money for CAFC to make the next step.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

November - five games decide our season! We play well and pick up three wins then CAFC stick to the plan and bring in two quality players in January.
    This season we will either finish with around 65 or have a crack at the top six...a lot of football to be played so no need for people to cracking up?
    We are so much better than this time last year and I can understand why some want us to push on immediately, but it's going to take time and money for CAFC to make the next step.

I agree with you 100%
    If we want to see clubs/ fans losing it, Birmingham, Blackpool and maybe Bolton seem to be booking their places for the third tier.
  • Options

I agree with you 100%
    If we want to see clubs/ fans losing it, Birmingham, Blackpool and maybe Bolton seem to be booking their places for the third tier.
    Wasnt it goal difference that kept Birmingham up last season? - if so, after yesterdays result, it aint gonna help them this season.
  • Options

They weren't just morons there last night. Thugs of all ages - late teens to 70 year olds being abusive and fighting with the police & themselves. They were a disgrace to the club. I've been to loads of away games in my time but last night was by far the worst. Loads of stewards but doing nothing than add to the congestion. You couldn't move on the concourse let alone breath, a mass of people not bothering to find their seats & no one sitting down.

I was there and saw/heard absolutely nothing of what you speak, apart from people standing all game.
    I don't disbelieve you, but find it very strange.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

We need a decent cm and a decent winger and a decent forward.

And a quality manager with experience of English football.
    He's doing ok so far, a bit like the previous incumbent. Not worried where they come from anymore, provided they can do the job.
  • Options

Awful match but even worse was the journey there & back on the tube - simply awful - and the atmosphere & behaviour of the Charlton fans fighting with the police, fighting with themselves, all standing up, smoking & so jammed packed you couldn't move. All together a horrible experience & I shan't be attending more away matches this season after that experience. Isn't the Charlton I love

I found Brighton away was fine no trouble at all
  • Options

Journey there and back would've been made worse by the problems on the tube. Entirely Charlton's fault. Away fans standing at a London derby? Surely not... Jam packed in a sold out stand? That is strange. And personally speaking I didn't see any 'fighting' at all.
    I thought me ment on the tube on way home