Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Don't normally say this after 3-0 defeat...

But I enjoyed large parts of that:

- way we came back at them second half
- our fans "gi-ing it laldie" as we say up here
- KAG showing wonderful skills - hands off!
- Bulot showing signs of class - let's give him time
- JJ battling on with his unsexy bandage (Billy Connolly fans will understand)
- a team that gave it their best and look mid to upper table - not strugglers
- Igor in the wings

No comment on the shirts...

Up the Addicks.

Comments

• Yep agreed
  • I agree, I thought we were excellent in the second half. I'm not with the slit the wrist brigade either.
  • Like yer style Weegie...
  • edited October 2014
    Was there and the second half was more uplifting compared to the first half shit. Shouldn't have to take that though but 3 games in a week is asking a lot from the boys
  • Yep - this thread!
    Thanks Weegie...
    Bring on Wednesday next Saturday and we'll be back to winning ways.
    I expect they are already lining up the "one or two quality players" for January and that will take us up another gear.
  • Yep, i came away from watching that game feeling optimistic for what that team could do if we had just had Igor tonight in that second half.
  • I agree. I thought in the 2nd half we played very well but we were chasing the game. Even in the 1st half, after the 1st 15 minute debacle, I thought we did OK.
  • I thought on balance we deserved a point. Lots of possession but with our top striker out couldn't make it count.
  • Sponsored links:

• One of best halves this season.
  • Was there excellent 2nd half unlucky not to score.. Jackos best gsme of the season. Lots of second half fight, JBG showed real class and KAG a fantastic prospect. Fox had a tough game but he hss time on has side.

However first 12 minutes littered with errors snd shell shocked for rest of half.

Still nit sure how long sgo we saw fight like the second half .... it gives us hope.

• Think we played well except in the first 12 minutes and the final third!
  • I thought we were terrible
  • No killer instinct
  • You lot are easily pleased.
    We created nothing. Their goalie might as well have joined the fans in the stand.
    Ahearne-Grant did very well. Looked lively. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Not slitting my wrists, we were 100% better than first half, but let's not go nuts.
  • Not easily pleased at all...as many on here do their best to point out at times.

But I have felt much worse after some 1-0 and 2-1 defeats than I do tonight.

I still have some big concerns re depth of squad and overall investment strategy, but I am fully behind the players and Big Bad Bob.
  • edited October 2014

Agreed, heres my view from the post match thread, prob better in this thread

We needed investement, he gave it, we need more, im confident we will get it in Jan. We missed targets in the window and maybe there wasn't a lot out there to get in before the loan window closed.

That IN MY OPINION, the last hour was one of the best I have seen us play whilst on TV since Walsall away.

Compare that side and Performance to Millwall at The Valley last year, 100% improvement.

Again, we were total dogshit last year, lets not get carried away with the start, we are a work in progress and I enjoyed that.

Take it you were actually at the game when we stopped the Terriers 4567 game unbeaten run then (as opposed to seeing it on TV) ?

• Reality check for all concerned.

Fulham stepped back 2nd half and invited pressure, just like what we did on Tuesday. Fulham were more efficient going forward than us on Tueday as well.
  • Watched on sky - fantastic support - fair play to you lot there
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, we played very well 2nd half - as someone said, need a cutting edge, shame Igor not playing
  • Could have been more than 3 to be fair, they missed a fair few chances.
  • We were terrible. Couldn't pass it, couldn't counter, couldn't do anything other than give it away. Fulham were not great, but we were that bad that we deserved to be destroyed 3-0.
  • Rob said:

I agree. I thought in the 2nd half we played very well but we were chasing the game. Even in the 1st half, after the 1st 15 minute debacle, I thought we did OK.

Just to confirm - you thought charlton played well in the first half after their 2 goals. Really?
  • A game of two halves. We need to get in the box more.
  • Awful match but even worse was the journey there & back on the tube - simply awful - and the atmosphere & behaviour of the Charlton fans fighting with the police, fighting with themselves, all standing up, smoking & so jammed packed you couldn't move. All together a horrible experience & I shan't be attending more away matches this season after that experience. Isn't the Charlton I love

Every club has its morons, and we're no exception.
    Jam packed in the stands because folks couldn't be bothered to find their seats and took the "we sit anywhere" policy - but that was down to poor stewarding as well as our idiots.

I found the atmosphere on the way home pleasant. Lots of banter going on between home and away but all friendly. Charlton were still singing on the District Line and Fulham remained silent....
  • We need a decent cm and a decent winger and a decent forward.
  • I was more disappointed with our performance at Bournemouth. We played some superb football in that 2nd half and Fulham couldn't get near us.
  • Would say Fulham had more clear cut chances throughout the 2nd half, even if, less chances.
    We weren't that bad passed it around okay-ish just lacked that killer instinct to hit the back of the net and get back in the game.
    Was a good game of football.

The problem is, Fulham have the worst defence statistically in the championship and we couldn't break them down.

3-0 flatters them and deceives true reflection of the game but they were deserved winners IMO.
    I feel positive about our next game. The valley needs to generate a good atmosphere for Sheffield Wednesday, get behind the boys. We will hopefully play a passing game and produce a convincing win we all hope for.