Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Co commentator

2»

Comments

• Options

I have always thought Birtley was a complete tw*t he always seems to have a downer on us whenever he comentates on one of our games. He's like Sky's Mark Lawrenson.

Sky's Mark Lawrenson ?
    Think he means Sky's version of Lawrenson.
  • Options

Another thing I picked up was when they were prattling on about Parker, saying we couldn't keep hold of him, as we were desperate for the money. So how come we turned the bid down?

Utter tools who can be bothered to spend 5 minutes doing a bit of research.

Oh yeah, also now I think about it, Birtles going on about Aherne-Grant would've got a penalty if he went down in the box, as if it was a bad thing that he was honest enough not to go looking for it. Sets a really good example to all the aspiring young footballers watching. Probably one of those dick dads who stand on the sideline, shouting abuse at the kids on a sunday morning...........

I picked up this as well. It is bollocks that is ruining the game, and why I don't bother as much as I used to
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Birtles going on about Aherne-Grant would've got a penalty if he went down in the box, as if it was a bad thing that he was honest enough not to go looking for it. .

I picked up this as well. It is bollocks that is ruining the game, and why I don't bother as much as I used to

Another thing I picked up was when they were prattling on about Parker, saying we couldn't keep hold of him, as we were desperate for the money. So how come we turned the bid down?

Utter tools who can be bothered to spend 5 minutes doing a bit of research.

Oh yeah, also now I think about it, Birtles going on about Aherne-Grant would've got a penalty if he went down in the box, as if it was a bad thing that he was honest enough not to go looking for it. Sets a really good example to all the aspiring young footballers watching. Probably one of those dick dads who stand on the sideline, shouting abuse at the kids on a sunday morning...........

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Birtles is lazy. Does minimal to no homework, speaks in cliches and does not appear to know nearly as much as his know it all tone would imply. I don't think he hates us, he's just very indifferent to any team that hasn't done something to get on his radar.

This, to my mind, is absolutely on the money.
    For years now I've found his co-commentary style betrays his laziness over and over again. What annoys me the most about Birtles is his apparent sense of entitlement and superiority, yet in all the games I've seen where he is present, I cannot once remember him ever saying anything of genuine insight that hasn't been stolen from a back page headline that very morning.
    Also, bear in mind that, as a youth, I held great affection for those marvellous Clough led Forest teams and found Birtles, as a player, a joy to watch. I genuinely wanted him to be a good broadcaster. Sadly, I feel he is one of the worst. He is robbing a more insightful man of a deserved job in broadcasting.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I have always thought Birtley was a complete tw*t he always seems to have a downer on us whenever he comentates on one of our games. He's like Sky's Mark Lawrenson.

Sky's Mark Lawrenson ?
    Think he means Sky's version of Lawrenson.
    I did mean that, irritating like Lawrenson.