Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Co commentator

Who is this fckin joker.

he has chatted absolute shit the whole game

Comments

• Garry Birtles,dont think he likes us much
  • He is an absolute bell end
  • started of from our first corner about Jackson,

'Yeah, your gonna lay a low corner for your CH to volley, yeah, ok son, I believe ya'

Not done any research and see the goal against Wolves then.
  • He hates us. So biased against us it's unbelievable.
  • I think Birtles has talked a lot of sense,
  • Whats his history against us ?
    TBH, what he said tonight was very true.
  • Birtles is lazy. Does minimal to no homework, speaks in cliches and does not appear to know nearly as much as his know it all tone would imply. I don't think he hates us, he's just very indifferent to any team that hasn't done something to get on his radar.
  • Heard worse
  • The commentator shaved a thousand off our away support too, wanaker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Claimed we had 1500
    Total tosser
  • edited October 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

Birtles is lazy. Does minimal to no homework, speaks in cliches and does not appear to know nearly as much as his know it all tone would imply. I don't think he hates us, he's just very indifferent to any team that hasn't done something to get on his radar.

At least he's not a smart arse...
  • Total Kit Symons love in. FFS just give him the fcuking job!!!
  • Total Kit Symons love in. FFS just give him the fcuking job!!!

Or suck his bollox before he goes home

• Claimed we had 1500
    Total tosser

Was that 5 mins before half time. 1500 were downstairs trying to get a pint
  • seth plum said:

The commentator shaved a thousand off our away support too, wanaker.

perhaps he read this site when the tickets prices were first announced
  • His dislike of Charlton goes back quite a few years. Never heard him say anything positive. In my younger days I belonged to a Facebook group called "Shut up Gary Birtles!". Much prefer Don Goodman
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Birtles is lazy. Does minimal to no homework, speaks in cliches and does not appear to know nearly as much as his know it all tone would imply. I don't think he hates us, he's just very indifferent to any team that hasn't done something to get on his radar.

I can't get wound up by people on forums, it never happens. You're wasting your time. It might be easier to simply flag my posts again if you really can't resist witless digs, at least so other lifers don't have to see snidey posts.
  • Another thing I picked up was when they were prattling on about Parker, saying we couldn't keep hold of him, as we were desperate for the money. So how come we turned the bid down?

Utter tools who can be bothered to spend 5 minutes doing a bit of research.

Oh yeah, also now I think about it, Birtles going on about Aherne-Grant would've got a penalty if he went down in the box, as if it was a bad thing that he was honest enough not to go looking for it. Sets a really good example to all the aspiring young footballers watching. Probably one of those dick dads who stand on the sideline, shouting abuse at the kids on a sunday morning...........
  • Remember a few years ago we played at Watford and Boughera accidently trod on a Watford player. Birtles was adamant it was a deliberate stamp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Years ago when Paul Elliot took Dean Saunders to court over the tackle that ends his career, I used to work nearby and watched a fair bit of it. Birtles have evidence on behalf of Saunders and bowled into the dock with a superior attitude. Elliot's qc tore him to bits and he lost his temper at one point. The judge ended up putting him in his place and demanded he answer the questions. He looked a complete tool.
  • Jon Goodman and Andy Hinchcliffe are two of the best Co-Commentators that Sky have got (Regardless of the level they commentate at)... for some reason were never given them though
  • Don Goodman.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I can't get wound up by people on forums, it never happens. You're wasting your time. It might be easier to simply flag my posts again if you really can't resist witless digs, at least so other lifers don't have to see snidey posts.
    What on earth are you whittling on about now. Stop stalking me.
  • iaitch said:

Don Goodman.

Haha whoops... John Goodman is the actor of course... I knew who I meant :)
  • Sky is getting, or has already got like the BBC .. get a job, and you will have to set fire to the studio or make a sexist/racist remark to get sacked/replaced .. Birtles is not bad but there are a lot who are much better .. Goodman is very good .. also Geoff Shreeves on the Prem .. how does this little squeaker keep his job ? .. Is he a relation of ex Spurs boss Peter ?
  • I have always thought Birtley was a complete tw*t he always seems to have a downer on us whenever he comentates on one of our games. He's like Sky's Mark Lawrenson.
  • I have always thought Birtley was a complete tw*t he always seems to have a downer on us whenever he comentates on one of our games. He's like Sky's Mark Lawrenson.

Sky's Mark Lawrenson ?
  • Didn't hear the commentary as I was at the game but my mum said he was very complimentary of our academy
  • The only thing that really annoyed me about them was the spin that we the club decided to cash in on Parker because we needed the money, i can live with him going now but the history being changed to keep the cult hero of English football image Parker has going is just unfair.