Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Realising that life's to short.

Comments

• Options
    I feel terrible even hearing this. I really hope things improve for you. Be thankful for small mercies - your partner is OK
  • Options
    That's so incredibly sad Jake. My condolences to you and your family. RIP George.
  • Options
    Rip baby George

Jake take care stay strong, god bless
  • Options
    How truly awful for you, yes life is too short.
  • Options
    So sad to read your post Jake...Stay strong for you and your partner, thank heavens she is ok.
  • Options
    I can't say I've ever suffered anything so devastating. It's very tough, but you have to stay strong for your partner. Life is too short, but time does heal (but it takes a bloody long time). Thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Dreadful. Thoughts are with you. God bless.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family. Really puts things into perspective.
  • Options
    No experience to share but you do have my thoughts.
  • Options
    Every parents worst fear. My heart goes out to you both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate that is just horrific. Time doesn't make you forget, but it will help make the pain bearable.

RIP George
  • Options
    I went through a very similar experience 10 years ago and time does heal. The only positive is that it shows that the pair of you can hopefully conceive children together so give it time.

My one other word of advice would be to try and concentrate on what you can influence and that is your relationship with Mrs Jake, be there for each other.

As my old Uncle Bob said: "What's lost is lost, we can't regain what went down in the flood, but happiness to me is you and I love you more than blood."
  • Options
    That is so sad, heartfelt sympathy to you and all your family Jake.
  • Options
    Man this thread is tough reading. There's just no words. I'm so so sorry for anyone contributing or reading who sadly goes through this or similar.

Jake, if there is anything in the short-term anyone here or we collectively can assist with, please don't be afraid to ask.

• Options
    My heart goes out to you and your family Jake. Stay strong.
  • Options
    As a parent of long standing I cannot think of anything more devastating to happen, and my heart goes out to you. You will have children and time will heal and you will not lose the place in your memories where you can still love your baby George even if he is no longer with you.
  • Options
    Thats terrible mate, absolutely devastating. Stay strong Jake.
  • Options

Sorry to read that.

Contact SANDS, they may be able to help you / your partner in some way.

• Options
    A very tragic story Jake; a reminder how flimsy life can be. George the hero.
    You probably want the world to stop right now. I hope the messages here help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No-one can fully appreciate what you and your partner have gone through, Jake. But, I am sure everyone would like to wish you and her the very best.

You owe it to George to pick yourselves up - however hard that is - and carry on living your life as fully as you can. You'll never forget him, but that means he lives on forever, through you two. You'll never replace him, but you can honour him through the rest of your lives.

I am sure it's going to be tough for you both. But I am equally sure there's someone who has given everything so that you can be together.

Good luck, Jake, Very best wishes.
  • Options
    There are no words. A close friend went through the same thing recently. As SheffieldRed says above, contact SANDS, they may be able to help.
    Stay strong Jake.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that. We lost a baby at 30 weeks over 6 years ago and it was an incredibly difficult and painful experience.
    The only advice I can give which I hope helps is to keep an eye on your partner because the loss stays with them in a profound way, and I don't think it ever truly goes away. It is often close to the surface and I found that the life however short needs to be acknowledged and respected for what it was. It is easy not to talk about it, but it is better to do so for both your sakes.
    And that will be true for you also. It will get you at unexpected times, even now as I'm typing this, I can feel that sadness coming back so I'm going to stop here and wish all the best to you both and just try to support each other as best you can.
    Take care
    Jon

• Options
    That' is awful mate. Thoughts go to you and your lady. Stay strong
  • Options
    I read your post last night Jake and I still don't know what to say.

Just that my thoughts are with you and your family fella.
  • Options
    Stay strong Jake, don't keep it locked up, talk to one of a number of people who are undoubtedly looking out for you and your partner at this devastating time.

My thoughts are with you, extremely sad.

RIP little George
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you and your partner.

RIP George, a true hero
  • Options
    I wish you and your partner the strength to get through this tradegy, and as others have said keep communicating, it's the only way through.
  • Options

Unbearably sad. The little guy fought so bravely - be very proud you both gave him such character ....
  • Options
    I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry to hear this.