Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kane

Comments

• I'm often more on the players sides on these type things of not really feeling hurt or betrayed when a player leaves regardless (don't care about Scott Parker at all for example), but definitely in this case. Kane has given it all for Spurs, and signing that long term contract was clearly to help the club at the time, now he's not getting that help back he wants to move on and do other things.

Any talk of Kane not being a club legend after this is ridiculous, Spurs fans need to grow up in that case.
  • Not turning up to training is pathetic but it's par for the course in these situations.
  • Amazing the in-depth info you gather from that.
  • by Sept 3rd .. bookies have Kane at Man C around 8/11, still at Spurs Evens .. Man U is the next 'favourite; at around 10/1, then Chelsea around 14/1
  • EXCLUSIVE: Stayaway Spurs star Harry Kane is now ISOLATING after jetting home from a break in the Caribbean - and can only return to training with a negative Covid test at the end of the week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9856251/Stayaway-Spurs-star-Harry-Kane-ISOLATING-jetting-home-Carribean.html

Seems like Harry Kane's paper of choice is the Daily Mail. 
  • EXCLUSIVE: Stayaway Spurs star Harry Kane is now ISOLATING after jetting home from a break in the Caribbean - and can only return to training with a negative Covid test at the end of the week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9856251/Stayaway-Spurs-star-Harry-Kane-ISOLATING-jetting-home-Carribean.html

In that case isn't the whole thing a non-story?

Why is it just the Daily Mail who are able to report on that then?
  • A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on - Sam Goldwyn

Didn't P*rker have some sort of agreement with Murray if the "right club" came in?  
  • A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on - Sam Goldwyn

Didn't P*rker have some sort of agreement with Murray if the "right club" came in?  
    He claimed he was told that Charlton would sell him if a 'top four' club came in for him.  The counter story is that he had been told that, if he were to continue to make progress, it was likely that a 'top four' club would sign him.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Chizz said:
    A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on - Sam Goldwyn

He claimed he was told that Charlton would sell him if a 'top four' club came in for him.  The counter story is that he had been told that, if he were to continue to make progress, it was likely that a 'top four' club would sign him.  
    Yeah was last game of the season...

Curbs says that he told Parker on the pitch @ Old Trafford that if he PLAYED how he had that day, then one of the top clubs would be coming in for him, apparently he named them too (Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd) - Dont think Curbs mentioned Chelsea because they hadnt even been purchased by Roman Abramovich yet and werent a consistent top four team at that partime
  • Jints said:
    What's hard to believe is that they agreed on something during a contract negotiation and then didn't put it in the contract. 

I've been in negoatiations with Levy myself and believe me, there's no way you don't get everything in black and white with him. 
    what position do you play?
    can you play left back?

Why is it just the Daily Mail who are able to report on that then?
    I haven't followed the story and there may well be other things happening that I'm not aware of but to me it seems - Kane plays for England during the summer, takes holiday afterwards, has to quarentine. So he will re-join Spurs when quarentine over. Assume Spurs were aware and sanctioned this, hence my comment. 

• Yeah was last game of the season...

Curbs says that he told Parker on the pitch @ Old Trafford that if he PLAYED how he had that day, then one of the top clubs would be coming in for him, apparently he named them too (Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd) - Dont think Curbs mentioned Chelsea because they hadnt even been purchased by Roman Abramovich yet and werent a consistent top four team at that partime
    There was another story that he went and bought an Aston Martin in the close season before he went because he was anticipating moving then. That would tie in with Curbs comments at the last game of the season. In the end, it's the football food chain in action, but scant consolation for CAFC.

• Yeah was last game of the season...

There was another story that he went and bought an Aston Martin in the close season before he went because he was anticipating moving then. That would tie in with Curbs comments at the last game of the season. In the end, it's the football food chain in action, but scant consolation for CAFC.
    He bought himself the car after signing a 5 year contract that summer 
  • I got my Aston Martin when I was seven, had the ejector seat, the lot....the Corgi toy version that is.
  • edited August 2021
  • edited August 2021
    I can't take any of this seriously. Everything about this transfer saga feels choreographed to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    to be brutally honest, I couldn't really give a flying feck who Kane plays for, how much he earns and what was the ridiculous transfer fee paid for him ((:>)
  • Chizz said:
    A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on - Sam Goldwyn

The irony was that we were a top 4 team when he decided to down tools! Hate the man with an absolute passion to this day! Think the whole saga knocked the stuffing out of Curbs tbh and things were never the same again. Would relish the opportunity to come up against Bournemouth this season and put one over on them!
  • Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.

So. Some five and a half years since I asked the original question (September 2017), what's the answer? 
  • Outstanding achievement, and rightly is considered as one of the all time great English players.

Well done Harry. 
  • Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.

So. Some five and a half years since I asked the original question (September 2017), what's the answer? 
    He scores goals for England at a much higher rate than Shearer. 54 in 81 v 30 in 63. Not that stats are everything
  • Jints said:
    Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.

He scores goals for England at a much higher rate than Shearer. 54 in 81 v 30 in 63. Not that stats are everything
    Although, to be fair to Shearer, if we took penalties (18 scored from 22 taken v 6 scored from 7 taken) out of the equation it would be 36 in 81 v 24 in 63. Still puts Kane in front though in percentage terms.