Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Cambridge (H)=won 3-1
    Brighton (H)=won 2-1
    Watford (A)=lost 2-0
    Stoke (A)=lost 4-1
    Wolves(A)=lost 2-0
    Rotherham(H)=won 3-0
    Boro(A)=lost 3-0 (3-0 down after 20 minutes)
    Norwich(H)=won 1-0
    Brentford(H)=won 4-2
    Wigan(A)=lost 4-1

my last 10 games anyone know how I can be more consistent
    10 points away from play offs now, although I am 8th, the consistency is killing me
  • Options

Anyone else conceding so many near post goals from corners that it feels like the game is broken?

Absolutely so many free headers its unreal. Also 18 shots on target 18 saved by the opposition keeper who doesn't even get a 7 out of 10!
  • Options
    Very true about the high scoring games. Gudmundsson has become amazing recently for me constantly scoring high 8s or 9. Igor is top scoring with 8 (currently in December) but Noel Hunt has been a decent buy playing as a defensive striker scoring 6.

Just drew 2-2 with Blackpool...equaliser for them coming in the 89 minute.
  • Options
    Seems every game I play ends 3-2 in defeat or victory. In 14 games I've score 29 and conceded 28.
  • Options
    Scoham, I know this isn't really your area but any idea why Matic has been so crap for the past two games? In real life he's probably the best holding midfielder around but he's so bad in the game he just moved to West Ham for £4 million on mine. He must be devastated
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    As complex and realistic as Football Manager is, I don't think Matic is the kind of player who is as essential in the game as he is to Chelsea in real life.
  • Options
    In 28 games I've scored 62 goals but I'm only 13th.

Love FM but there's something seriously not right with how high scoring the games are.
  • Options

In 28 games I've scored 62 goals but I'm only 13th.

Love FM but there's something seriously not right with how high scoring the games are.

Same here. First 5 games of the season: 4-4, 4-2, 3-4, 5-2, 3-3.
  • Options
    Just finished my first season wow it was close
    despite the consistency issues I mentioned we managed to sort it out in the last 2 months

Last game of the season I needed to beat Bournemouth(14) and hope that boro got at least a point home to Brighton(Boro needed a win to be certain of 2nd spot.

Boro beat brighton 3-0
    I was beating Bournemouth 2-1 and who popped up for Bournemouth, one Mr Kermorgant and the game finished 2-2
    I missed out by 1 point.

3 great signings I made in January
    Hameur Bouazza- free agent- can play either wing
    Aloys Nong- free agent-forward who scores for fun
    Leon Barnett-Loan from Wigan-best CB I had was quality and am now desperate to sign him permanently
  • Options
    Finally in 2030 I won the PL with Whitehawk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham, I know this isn't really your area but any idea why Matic has been so crap for the past two games? In real life he's probably the best holding midfielder around but he's so bad in the game he just moved to West Ham for £4 million on mine. He must be devastated

It's down to his clubs researcher to decide. Given he went back to Chelsea in January I guess their researcher wouldn't have wanted to change him too much based on only half a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's improved for the next data update.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Huskaris said:

What system and tactics you using
    Don't bother with a system or tactics, Colin, just rely on blind optimism.
    Then it'll be just like real life.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Huskaris said:

What system and tactics you using
    When I started playing my most recent season I decided to email somebody for a bit of advice - roly.douchebag@cafc.co.uk.

His advice was, paint my sofa red, and my stairs yellow and get a nice green carpet. Add 5 new users with different teams and shift players between the club until you either get the right team or until you have exhausted all possible transfers. It worked at the start but soon tailed off. I emailed him again and his response was "don't keep asking me what to do, just bury your hand in the sand and hope for the best"
  • Options
    A nice little quiz for us older ones who played CM in the early 90's.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2015/feb/10/football-quiz-championship-manager-93-94

I got 14/20.
  • Options
    The Messiah returns as manager, with MArk Bowen as assistant. Meanwhile, Pardew finds himself at Rotherham.
  • Options
    I am bored saw someone had posted on here so I thought why not :wink:

starting my 7th season still Charlton manager
    our past postions

14/15-7th Champ
    15/16-2nd Champ
    16/17-18th Prem
    17/18-1st Champ
    18/19-18th Prem
    19/20-7th Champ

Chris Powell
    left Huddersfield in 17 and went to west brom which last 5 months
    he then went to Chesterfield and is now Sheffield Utd manager

Bob Peeters
    went to Cercle Bruge for 2 years had 2 years out the game and it 2018 took over at STVV

Jackson retired midway through my first year in the prem after I kept saying he should consider being an assistant manager and has been mine since

I just sold a 23 year old Joe Gomez to Chelsea for 18 million

Pope, Solly, Cousins, Harriott and Vetokele still play for Charlton
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Guy Luzon is manager of Austria on mine, no trace of Bob and Powell took Huddersfield into the PL and has managed Fulham and Villa and now Charlton again. Curbs has been at Spurs and took Peterborough into the Premier League.

After sacking me Charlton have been through Dickov who took them down but then left them in the playoffs for Millwall! Billy Davies took them up and then Holloway took over before leaving for Birmingham.

My summary:

2014/2015 Sacked by Charlton in 16th.
    2015/2016 Forest Championship and FA Cup winners.
    2016/2017 Forest, 6th in PL
    2017/2018 Forest, 6th in PL
    2018/2019 Forest 3rd in PL
    2018 / 2019 Forest 3rd in PL
    2019/2020 - Forest, quit mid-season
    2019/2020 joined Hannover quit after two games
    2020/2021 Chelsea 5th after taking over mid-season in the bottom three.
    2021/2022 - Chelsea, PL Champions, lost the FA Cup and Europa League final
    2022/2023 - Chelsea, currently top of the PL and Community Shield winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just checked Guy Luzon left Standard in 2016 and done nothing since
    I have been offered so many interviews including
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Celtic
    Italy(offered me a job)
    Spain(Offered me a job)

but decided to stay at Charlton for as long as they will have me

oh and we got a new owner in my 2nd season David Stewart
  • Options
    Just started a new game as Charlton, played 2 pre season friendlies, lost 3-0 to FC Köln but won one for the network beating Jena 2-0, have sold Solly to Stoke for £2.5 million rising to £4 million - need a right winger, better midfielders & another striker on a budget of £2.8 million!
  • Options

Just started a new game as Charlton, played 2 pre season friendlies, lost 3-0 to FC Köln but won one for the network beating Jena 2-0, have sold Solly to Stoke for £2.5 million rising to £4 million - need a right winger, better midfielders & another striker on a budget of £2.8 million!

Grealish is a good winger on loan but JBG was good out there for me too.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

my first season, I signed Bouazza on a free who done really well and upfront Aloys Nong another very decent signing

also BWP's contract is over in December so you can get him for a free which is what I done but rather than wait till December I brought his contract out for 115K
  • Options
    After playing 4 seasons with Charlton, I started a new game with Ebbsfleet in the conference south. Halfway through my 5th season and currently sitting 7th in the Championship. Got promoted every season so far.

After guiding them into the football league for the first time in their history, they decided to build a new stadium and name it after their legendary manager. So we now play at the Daish arena...............FFS :neutral:

Hardly spent anything and my record signing is a mere £250k. Team is always made up of free transfers.

Just seems all a bit too easy for me this time around..........
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Another good signing for me at Charlton was Boyata. Develops well and is Belgian and cheap! You have to play Gomez! I took him and Pope to Forest with me. And Cousins but he didn't really do it for me.
  • Options

Another good signing for me at Charlton was Boyata. Develops well and is Belgian and cheap! You have to play Gomez! I took him and Pope to Forest with me. And Cousins but he didn't really do it for me.

Pope for me has only played 24 games in the just over 6 years I have been here, never been first choice
  • Options

Pope for me has only played 24 games in the just over 6 years I have been here, never been first choice
    He didn't develop like I thought he would. I sold him onto Chelsea when I was at Forest then sold him for Chelsea to Fulham when I took over there.
  • Options
    Pope didn't seem up to it in my Charlton game, so put him up for sale in my 2nd season for around £250k. Was shocked when Arsenal came in for him. He spent a year there (but didn't play) before ending up at a L1 club...........