Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ayo Obileye

Comments

• Granpa said:

Sorry, but Ayo's song has to be from the Sound of Music. High from the Stands at the Valley Charlton, Layee Obileye, Obileye dee. We could become the Football Leagues Champion yodelers ! Katrien could play the part of Julie Andrews, and Bob could be a mountain.

Sorry Grandpa, surely Lawrie Wilson has to take the Maria Von Trapp role: he's got the legs for it and the costume:

• Why did he leave Wednesday ?

Could not get a train on Tuesday!
  • Why did he leave Wednesday ?

I think this is something that may happen more often now.

The club have shown that there is a clear progression from the academy to the 1st team.

Sure, we may not get players from the Premiership, but if you play for a Championship or lower league team, I think players would be keen to sign for Charlton.

And when the plans for Sparrows Lane are shown, they probably say, "Where do I sign?"...
  • Levander Pyke?!? What is happening to footballers names? Thank goodness we've got the likes of Jack Munns and Harry Osbourne keeping it real.

I guess his folks were big fans of Dad's Army. They clearly appreciated the portrayal of Pyke by Ian Levander.

(Don't worry, I've already got my coat on.)
    This also explains why the Club hasn't gone public, "Don't tell them your name Pyke".
  • edited October 2014
    Ayo Obileye sounds like football chant i would make up whilst drunkenly zig-zagging down the road on a Friday night in the style of Vic Reeves club singer...
  • In the directors box today with his family watching the game .
  • itsmyball said:

In the directors box today with his family watching the game .

Were you? How was it?
  • Signed a contract. Welcome Ayo.

Anyone know anything about the other fella who's signed at the same time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton have signed England U16 defender Elan Assiana on scholarship terms, while development squad centre-back Ayo Obileye has also penned a short-term deal.

How short?
  • edited October 2014
    Granpa said:

Sorry, but Ayo's song has to be from the Sound of Music. High from the Stands at the Valley Charlton, Layee Obileye, Obileye dee. We could become the Football Leagues Champion yodelers ! Katrien could play the part of Julie Andrews, and Bob could be a mountain.

Half our supporters can't even pronounce Andre Bikey's name right.
  • Charlton have signed England U16 defender Elan Assiana on scholarship terms, while development squad centre-back Ayo Obileye has also penned a short-term deal.

How short?

My guess would be until the end of 2014 as a few young players have had half season deals in recent years.
  • City on Assiana:

London-born defender Elan Assiana made the switch to City from Fulham and made his debut for City u18s as a 14-year-old.

Talented at centre back or right back, the boy from the capital was one of a record-breaking seven City Academy starlets who were capped for England u16s last term.

The defender’s accomplished performances at club level earned him a call-up for the u16 summer training camp in 2013, and he went on to make his Three Lions debut in a Victory Shield clash with Northern Ireland, alongside u18s teammate Joshua Murray.

Elan signed a two-year scholarship with City in July 2014.
  • so from signing a scholarship 3 months ago with City he is now with us?

maybe he just missed London
  • How come we've signed Essiana when that article says he only signed a 2 year deal for City in July?

And if he played for their u18s at the age of 14, and also plays for England, he's obviously pretty good so why have they let him go?
  • Obileye and Assiana have always dreamed of playing for a massive club like Charlton.
  • cafcfan said:

JJ21 said:

I'm sure Jordan Cousins could fill in at CB if needed.

That's true that guy is heading towards doing a Gritt.
    Going bald?
  • A real coup getting Élan Essiana, I don't know why he left City but am pleased he has joined us. We seem able to attract good class youngsters. Word has got out that if they are good enough they will have a good chance of being fastpathed into the first team.
  • Yeah to be fair he could quite likely be at City for 4-5 years and never play for their first team, whereas he could be in our team inside 18 months.

Just surprised as he's been there a while and only signed a new contract 3 months ago and now he's left.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Assiana began his football education at Fulham before moving to Manchester City, where he made his U18 bow as a 14 year old.'

Wow.
  • 'Assiana began his football education at Fulham before moving to Manchester City, where he made his U18 bow as a 14 year old.'

Wow.

How about a 15 year old playing for the under 21's
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-bromwich-albion-hope-to-keep-hold-of-15yearold-jonathan-leko-9775022.html
  • Norway have picked a 15 year old in their full national team squad this week
  • edited October 2014

Norway have picked a 15 year old in their full national team squad this week

He played for them the game before they played us, and people were saying he was gonna play against us, but he went to under 21's I think

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739844/Martin-Odegaard-Norway-s-youngest-player-age-15-join-Manchester-United.html
  • edited October 2014
    It does make sense, youngsters have no chance of getting into the City team. They come here and they get an opportunity. We're a good stepping stone side for youngsters.

City couldn't give a toss about selling youngsters with talent, they know if he performs here they can just buy him back.

Glad to have em on board though, huge benefit for us if handled correctly.

How short?

Don't you mean how tall.
  • Good experience for him. Hope it goes well.
  • Gone on a months loan with Dagenham in League 2. A "youth loan" so should be able to play for our u21s if he doesn't get games there.

Has also extended his contract here until next summer.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141115-ayo-obileye-joins-dagenham-redbridge-on-loan-2084468.aspx
  • Came on as an injury time sub today at Wimbledon.