Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ayo Obileye

IT has not been announced by the OS but Dr Kish has announced that the Addicks have signed former Sheffield Wednesday Under-18 captain, Ayo Obileye. Obileye has been on trial at the club for some while and is a central defender.

Hackney born, Obileye will be pleased to return to London and will be part of Jason Euell's Development Squad.

Comments

• Good luck to Ayo and hope he makes the first team.

When that happens might I suggest the following song (to the tune of the chorus of the Beatles classic O-bla-di, O-bla-da and the "Ah ha ha ha ha ha from verse three)

Ob-il-e-ye Ob-il-e-ya life goes on bro
    La-la how life goes on
    Ob-il-e-ye Ob-il-e-ya life goes on bro
    La-la how life goes on
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha
  • what does @operationpig think to that
  • He played (I think) in Tuesday night's victory at Barnsley.
  • He was highly thought of and had a spell at Chelsea. He used to play in midfield. He passes the CL height test at 6 3". I have only seen him once and he seems to be a ball playing centre half. Terrell Thomas who also plays centre half for the U21s is an excellent prospect and the next one off the conveyor belt.
  • Also saw that on Dr Kish this morning. Already 20 so got to be thinking he's got a chance of breaking through fairly soon.

Dr Kish also suggested Terrell Thomas could be on the bench with TBH and Gomez out.

What about Holmes-Dennis @dickplumb? Know he's got Fox ahead of him but from the few bits I've seen he looks like he's potentially the better player.
  • Do you think thomas might be on the bench tomorrow ? With Morrison playing and Gomez maybe injured he's the next centre back we have got unless Fox will be back up.
  • Wiki and most of the reports refer to him as a midfielder, I guess he's one of those players who can do a job in either position. He seems to be well regarded, and was linked with Palace in March
  • Wiki and most of the reports refer to him as a midfielder, I guess he's one of those players who can do a job in either position. He seems to be well regarded, and was linked with Palace in March

Lol. That's an oxymoron, surely! :-)
  • edited October 2014
    I would like to see Harry Osborne on the bench as he is more experienced and can cover the right back and Centre half positions. Terell Thomas has got the physical attributes at 6 3 and over 12 stone. He is nineteen on the 18th October, has he been given a pro contract as I must have missed that.
  • Terrell Thomas and Levander Pyke both got pro deals but the club didn't really mention it.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I would like to see Harry Osborne on the bench as he is more experienced and can cover the right back and Centre half positions. He has got the physical attributes at 6 3 and over 12 stone. He is nineteen on the 18th October, has he been given a pro contract as I must have missed that.

I've championed Osbbourne for a few years. I believe he had a bad injury a couple of years ago which really sent him back but when I saw him before that he looked superb. Reminded me of des walker partly from his appearance but mostly because of his pace and positional sense

• dickplumb said:

I would like to see Harry Osborne on the bench as he is more experienced and can cover the right back and Centre half positions. Terell Thomas has got the physical attributes at 6 3 and over 12 stone. He is nineteen on the 18th October, has he been given a pro contract as I must have missed that.

Isn't Osborne on loan though , Sutton fc ?
  • edited October 2014
    Isn't it Osborne at Cambridge? Or is that Lennon?
  • Why did he leave Wednesday ?

Homesick for London
  • think it was actually a Thursday he left ;-)
  • edited October 2014

think it was actually a Thursday he left ;-)

You forgot the drum roll and cymbal Large

Not Massive enough
  • think it was actually a Thursday he left ;-)

You forgot the drum roll and cymbal Large
    I'm in Canary Wharf, you didn't hear them in Shooters Hill?

• Sponsored links:

• bobcafc7 said:

dickplumb said:

He is, I forgot all about that. I noticed he played for the U21s on Tuesday. I don't know what the situation is with the loan agreement with Sutton.
  • dickplumb said:

bobcafc7 said:

dickplumb said:

He is, I forgot all about that. I noticed he played for the U21s on Tuesday. I don't know what the situation is with the loan agreement with Sutton.
    hes on a youth loan, so can play for u21s
  • dickplumb said:

bobcafc7 said:

dickplumb said:

hes on a youth loan, so can play for u21s
    I realised that, I was thinking about the first team, with a view to putting him on the bench for Saturday. But I suppose if he has let him join Sutton he probably doesn't feature in Bob's plans. We need a centre half on the bench on Saturday, would Fox suffice?

• edited October 2014
    Levander Pyke?!? What is happening to footballers names? Thank goodness we've got the likes of Jack Munns and Harry Osbourne keeping it real.
  • I'm sure Jordan Cousins could fill in at CB if needed.
  • JJ21 said:

I'm sure Jordan Cousins could fill in at CB if needed.

That's true that guy is heading towards doing a Gritt.
  • Levander Pyke?!? What is happening to footballers names? Thank goodness we've got the likes of Jack Munns and Harry Osbourne keeping it real.

I guess his folks were big fans of Dad's Army. They clearly appreciated the portrayal of Pyke by Ian Levander.

(Don't worry, I've already got my coat on.)
    Stupid boy!
  • Can I summarise this thread ? What you guys are saying is that we are gradually assembling a squad of young players with real potential, who meet Roland's plan to invest in the Academy, and be prepared to sell at the right time to ensure our financial future. Methinks that this is going to be a very good Club to be supporting for our own youngsters in the future. Fasten your safety belts please.