Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hospitality - am I expecting too much?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I will certainly be emailing the club again, though I don't know the name of the person in overall charge of the catering. My complaint after the last match was sent to BK with a copy to KM, though I could only guess at her email address so don't know if she received it.
  • Options
    It sounds like a rip-off to me but that's what football clubs do throughout.

The obvious thing to say is don't play the game if you are being shafted but if your dad enjoys the experience then I'd say that is more important.

No harm in writing to the Club though as, from your description, standards have markedly declined.
  • Options
    Dad has enjoyed the experience up to now, but the hassles we've had each match so far this season is making him question whether it is worth continuing.

This would be a great shame, as at 87 he cannot get out much and this is something he really looks forward to.

I really don't enjoy having to complain every time we visit Charlton, but things are certainly not what they were. It's a good thing that the team is doing so well!
  • Options
    To me it doesn't sound like you're asking too much for that kind of money. You are not balking at the price, which would be too much for me, but you are saying 'look, you have our money, at least treat us well'.
    The attitude reads all wrong, only getting stuff due after asking for it, and that only at 5.30, half an hour to get veggie food from elsewhere in the building (you could walk to Mocha in Blackheath Standard and back in that time, and get a lot more for a lot less), a very poor choice...all this on top of however many squids you're paying to see the game in the first place.
    Personally I think it's a shame, you want to support in your own way, and it reads like you're being treated with distain as if you're getting a huge favour from the club for something you're paying a lot for.
  • Options
    Sounds a rip off to me. I quite like doing a CAFC Corp package once a year but the facilities are a mile away from other grounds I have been to and they are now charging a rate that makes no sense to me so I doubt I will bother this year.
  • Options
    Thanks Seth, my purpose in starting this thread is to see if others think that we deserve more for the money being paid.

I feel at the moment that those in charge at the club are not listening. I was told today that it is too difficult to provide two choices of main course as they don't know how many of each will be required. Restaurants seem to manage this, so why can't they at Charlton?

• Options

Sounds a rip off to me. I quite like doing a CAFC Corp package once a year but the facilities are a mile away from other grounds I have been to and they are now charging a rate that makes no sense to me so I doubt I will bother this year.

The KP Suite is actually one of the cheaper suites - you should look at the club's hospitality brochure to see the prices charged in the Centre Circle!
  • Options
    Took the family to the Wigan game and thought same as ME14. Quality of the food was good, but no choice at all and not enough for the money.

When you've won it doesn't matter but still should be better.

Found the misspelling of Charlton on the motm slip more depressing....

• Options
    You have every right to be cheesed off. It really annoys me when catering companies, restaurants, hotels etc chip away at both ends to up their profits, or cover increases in their overheads (I suspect the former in this case). Either up the price or reduce what's on offer, not both. To pay that kind of money and have no choice is scandalous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crossbars was interesting yesterday
  • Options

For £60, I'd expect a half time lap dance from Katrien................

3x £20 or 6x £10 ?
  • Options

Thanks Seth, my purpose in starting this thread is to see if others think that we deserve more for the money being paid.

I feel at the moment that those in charge at the club are not listening. I was told today that it is too difficult to provide two choices of main course as they don't know how many of each will be required. Restaurants seem to manage this, so why can't they at Charlton?

Catering seems to be an area the club (including their subcontractor ) have failed to get to grips with. Service in the Upper West was appalling pre match yesterday.
  • Options

3x £20 or 6x £10 ?
    Where the hell can you get a private dance for £10 these days?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Have not tried hospitality yet myself, but surely it would be better to serve more fans at lower prices, than just a few at top rate prices? The club's idea to force the new Crossbars package through seems to have back fired somewhat.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I did neglect to say that when we arrived yesterday I did speak to the lady in charge of all the dining rooms and said that I was disappointed that there was still no choice after my recent complaint. She did say that the person in charge of each dining area was given a list of what was available in other lounges and if we really didn't want the one choice from our lounge, they would see what was available in other areas.

When we were asked if we wanted our main course to be served, I asked what was available elsewhere, as Dad doesn't like chicken. I expected them to let us know what else was available, but my husband and I were given our meals and a few minutes later a plate of gammon was brought up for Dad.

Dad doesn't like gammon either so then asked for the vegetarian option instead, which took half and hour to appear, by which time we had eaten our meals, as they would have got cold.

Dad should have been asked first, if he wanted gammon instead, at which point he would have said no.

• Options
    Bloody fussy eaters ....

Can the club not put the menu up on the website the day of the game. Then if any issues with the "choice" you can request an alternative in good time?

The money you guys are spending you deserve the club to listen. Hopefully teething problems although we are now four games in ...
  • Options
    It's going to be a premium price but surely there should be choice for that sort of money?

Without it, the main course has to be something bland.

If they are doing varied menus for the different hospitality areas, they must know well in advance what they are buying in. Would it not be sensible to email patrons an advance menu and get individuals orders in before the day? A lot of people probably wouldn't mind if there were certain items available for a small(ish) extra cost if that's what they really preferred. It might actually make the club caterers more money, they'd have more satisfied customers and, potentially, less waste.
  • Options
    I hope that you get this all sorted out - sounds like a shambles generally.
  • Options
    A reduction in the players wages could subsidise the hospitality prices.

I don't think they would be happy though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mickc said:

A reduction in the players wages could subsidise the hospitality prices.

I don't think they would be happy though.

Perhaps they could have their pre match meal in there.
  • Options
    Not defending the caterers but if you are only selling your service a few times a week the overheads are not so easily covered as with a restaurant open every day. There will be a premium to having these services at the club, they can't exist if it they are not paying.
    I also assume that the prices paid at their other sites such as Arsenal influence the caterers ideas.
    What they can do is improve things that don't cost, like service and the little frills.
  • Options

3x £20 or 6x £10 ?
    Written like a man who has frequented such establishments for some time G!! ;-)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

3x £20 or 6x £10 ?
    How do you think P gets her housekeeping!
  • Options
    I think that £60 a head with the choice of one meat or one vegetarian option isn't good enough to be honest. It shouldn't be too difficult to offer at least 2 options of each, but we need to understand also that this isn't a restaurant and there's nothing they can do with unused food, as the venue is usually not used again for another 2 weeks.

One option of course might be if the Club and Delaware agreed to donate any unused food to a local soup kitchen after every game.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I think that £60 a head with the choice of one meat or one vegetarian option isn't good enough to be honest. It shouldn't be too difficult to offer at least 2 options of each, but we need to understand also that this isn't a restaurant and there's nothing they can do with unused food, as the venue is usually not used again for another 2 weeks.

One option of course might be if the Club and Delaware agreed to donate any unused food to a local soup kitchen after every game.

Fook that, feeding the spanners.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Crossbars was interesting yesterday

What happened @se9addick‌ ?
  • Options
    I understand some people may be a bit sarky about this thread, but the hospitality thing is important as it makes money for clubs. One of the weaknesses of the Valley is that it has relatively low capacity in this area. The reason why Gullivan and Brady are salivating over the Olympic Stadium is not to 54,000 capacity, but the 5,000 capacity in exec boxes. So we have to get this right. And after all @ME14addick is a fan who is prepared to spend more than most, partly in the hope that she is supporting the club by doing so.

But just by contrast I was gobsmacked to see the array of decent food on display outside the North and then a craft ales stand inside. Bloody hell. For 20 years I've been going on about stuff like that, told it's not logistically possible or there is no demand. I guess this is Katrien inspired, since the Belgians know about their food and drink, so I believe that with the right feedback she will get the hospitality sorted too
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

3x £20 or 6x £10 ?
    How do you think P gets her housekeeping!
    I'm not even going there mate!!!! Hope, for your sake, this is a member's only thread!! :)
  • Options
    Instead of being sarcastic or having a dig at you ME14addick. I'l give you an honest answer.
    I'm not convinced about the whole hospitality thing. I'm therefore not convinced it is VFM.
    But you are doing it for your Dad and that is far more important than what dinner you get or a lack of mints. He gets to see his team in a relatively comfortable manner whilst enjoying your company. One day, sadly, he won't be able to do so. Enjoy it now, it's priceless.