Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what DCL did to wind him up but Joe seems to be getting a tad more aggresive in his older age haha

• Options
    redman said:

He's come on so much this year. While Liverpool strikers are probably only performing at 75% of last years level, the trio of Alisson Gomez and Van Dyke have made Liverpool a totally different side this year. Not sure if there is a better CH in England than Gomez at the moment.

Van Dijk is better than Gomez. Stones has been superb this season as has Laporte who i think is the only outfield player to play every minute for City this season.
  • Options

redman said:

He's come on so much this year. While Liverpool strikers are probably only performing at 75% of last years level, the trio of Alisson Gomez and Van Dyke have made Liverpool a totally different side this year. Not sure if there is a better CH in England than Gomez at the moment.

Van Dijk is better than Gomez. Stones has been superb this season as has Laporte who i think is the only outfield player to play every minute for City this season.
    With regards to Stones I think it said it all when the Croatia Manager said the other month that ahead of the World Cup Semi Final they agreed that they stood a chance of beating us so long as they stopped Stones from being able to pass it about
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

redman said:

With regards to Stones I think it said it all when the Croatia Manager said the other month that ahead of the World Cup Semi Final they agreed that they stood a chance of beating us so long as they stopped Stones from being able to pass it about
    No doubt Stones is one of the best ball playing CBs in the world

Shame Gomez was injured for the World Cup because honestly a back 3 of Gomez, Stones and Maguire has absolutely everything.
    No offence to Walker who did well in a position that isnt natural to him but we wouldnt have needed the last minute win against Tunisia had Gomez played instead of him
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

Shame Gomez was injured for the World Cup because honestly a back 3 of Gomez, Stones and Maguire has absolutely everything.
    No offence to Walker who did well in a position that isnt natural to him but we wouldnt have needed the last minute win against Tunisia had Gomez played instead of him
    walker was a walking mistake waiting to happen. I think a couple of the goals we conceded that world cup were because of bad defensive errors by walker. But he was clearly playing the joe gomez role; a player who's lightning quick and good on the ball
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

walker was a walking mistake waiting to happen. I think a couple of the goals we conceded that world cup were because of bad defensive errors by walker. But he was clearly playing the joe gomez role; a player who's lightning quick and good on the ball
    And yet who else could Southgate have put there? - Dont think either Jones or Cahill would have been better options in Defence ahead of Walker as their lack of pace, was probably one of two mistakes that he made with his squad selection, the other being the fact we didnt have an creative option from the bench, yet imagine that may have been Winks had he been fit
  • Options
    Injured again, great..

Once again Klopp's management of Gomez is nothing short of embarrassing. You have a young player here who clearly needs to limit the football he's playing off the back of successive injuries. Lets start him as RB cover and bench our otherwise healthy RB.

Madness
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

And yet who else could Southgate have put there? - Dont think either Jones or Cahill would have been better options in Defence ahead of Walker as their lack of pace, was probably one of two mistakes that he made with his squad selection, the other being the fact we didnt have an creative option from the bench, yet imagine that may have been Winks had he been fit
    Perhaps if we were weak at CB then playing 3 at the back was a mistake?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

I hope he's not just injury prone. That would be a big shame considering his promise.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

Perhaps if we were weak at CB then playing 3 at the back was a mistake?
    But then we would have been weak @ Left-Back with neither Rose or Young doing brilliantly

Thankfully we've now got Ben Chilwell who can play there
  • Options
    Fractured leg.....will be out for appx 6 weeks
  • Options

Back just in time for Euro 2020 Qualifying
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Laddick01 said:

redman said:

I hope he's not just injury prone. That would be a big shame considering his promise.
    You seem to have jinxed him Chunes. He's going to be out for 6 weeks with a fractured leg (and just out of interest, how is that different from a break? It's not actually been displaced at all, just cracked?)
  • Options
    are CAFC players old and new plagued by a Gypsy 'thou shalt suffer many injuries' curse ?
  • Options
    Poor old Joe certainly seems to pick up his share of injuries.
  • Options
    6 weeks isn’t even that bad. Was thinking 6 months initially seeing the incident.

Certainly has a bit of an injury record but I think you can put last nights one down to a bit of bad luck.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Klopp will now struggle defensively after playing his CB as RB for no real need.

He has Lovren stepping in so they will be ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Joe, come back strong.
  • Options
    Without knowing much about it. 6 weeks seems like a very short recovery time for a fracture.

And how unlucky. Hope he recovers quickly and well.
  • Options

Lewis Page of LFC
  • Options

mendonca said:

Klopp will now struggle defensively after playing his CB as RB for no real need.

He has Lovren stepping in so they will be ok.
    Lovren and Matip aren't as good as Gomez, but they're hardly the worst reserve centre backs to have

Klopp is clearly managing Alexander-Arnold's game time as he's very young, I imagine this opens up a chance at RB for Clyne if he's fit, someone who's been linked with a move away
  • Options
    Yeah surprised about Clyne, always thought he was a very good RB.

Lovren can be shaky but is a decent CB.
  • Options

Yeah surprised about Clyne, always thought he was a very good RB.

Lovren can be shaky but is a decent CB.

One of the very best CBs in the world. According to Dejan Lovren
  • Options

Just announced that he’s signed a new, 5 year contract with Liverpool - congratulations to Joe but we definitely had our trousers pulled down for £3.5m

Thanks Roland, Thanks Katrien

£3.5M sounded like bad business at the time, it sounds catastrophic now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just announced that he’s signed a new, 5 year contract with Liverpool - congratulations to Joe but we definitely had our trousers pulled down for £3.5m

Who gave Gomez a release clause?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

se9addick said:

Who gave Gomez a release clause?
    Joe didn't have to sign a contract with us. I'm pretty sure the release clause was the only reason he did.