Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New European Cities to visit - Help

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stuart was there after our games in Belgium had grat drive down got to Luxembourg City and was thick fog and must so saw bugger all but must say some outside of the city wonderful
  • Options
    Montenegro is also worth a shout, someone already mentioned Budva, I can add Kotor to that list. I have never seen so many stunning women, it was ridiculous. Of course that shouldn't be your main reason for going there, and I sound like a teenage boy, but I went there 5 years ago, and the memory has stuck. It probably had something to do with the yachts worth millions of pounds moored in the harbour... The town, although small is a great place for a relaxing weekend. Durmitor National park is also worth a visit, but don't listen to the locals when they tell you that the Ice Cave is a short easy walk - it most certainly is not, and don't be an idiot like me and go completely unprepared for climbing...

Bosnia is also another place I loved. Mostar is like something out of lord of the rings. There was a club in a cave, and if you are feeling daring you can join to diving club in jumping off the 25m bridge into the fast flowing river :) Sarajevo is an amazing east meets west - parts of it like istanbul with it's shisha bars, tea and minarets blasting out the call to prayer, and then merging into a modern western city. Plus the history of the Balkan wars although hard hitting is fascinating.

All of these places are very affordable as well. Happy to rack my brains some more if you want some further information
  • Options
    Can anone recommend a decent hotel in Brugges?