Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New European Cities to visit - Help

Being based in Stockholm for a few years i have been visiting various Cities in Europe making the most of any cheap flights that are available
The last few months my top three loactions visited have moved and now are 1 Vilnius 2 Budapest 3 Dresden.
Have any Lifers gone to any Cities, Towns, Areas that they would recommend for a weekend visit. ( outside the UK )
Of course we all have opinion on what makes a place good, poor or average, but was just looking for some new locations to start looking up on for the next period of travel .
Cheers

Comments

• Barcelona
  • Lucerne and Salzburg
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Genoa

No, I don't. Please introduce me to her.
  • Vienna, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Bruges, Istanbul, Barcelona, Florence, Krakow - I could go on, but those are some great cities to visit. Rome also amazing, but I'd take more than a weekend for that
  • Bled in Slovenia is also fantastic, especially if you get good weather
  • thansk for hints i will start looking chhers moutuakilla like soind of Bled and Krakow top of must go sometime list

• I'd recommend Copenhagen, Porto and Belgrade. All cities I have visited in the last 12 months, all three are fantastic cities yet very differnt culturally.

I'm sure you've been to Copenhagen, being based in Stockholm but for those who havn't I'd throughly recommend it, beautiful city with lovely parks and scenery.

Porto is a real gem, fantastic wine, sea food and SuperBok is now one of my favourite lagers. Architecture too is incredible.

Belgrade, lovely differnt type of food, brilliant nightlife, rich with history and nice people who are genuinely humbled and thankful you have chosen to visit their city. I really want to see more of Serbia, Novi Sad is also meant to be great, not a lot of tourists there at all still so you get a great feel for the place.
  • Prague and Cologne great cities.
  • sorry for spelling on train and no glasses
  • Sponsored links:

• If you like weird, there's Gjirokastër in Albania. Its on the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
    You can do it as a day trip from Corfu. A pint costs about a quid in a bar!
  • Visited Lisbon last month on holiday. Great place.

Hamburg is not far from you and you can take in Lubeck as well

Have you been to Helsinki yet? I have heard that its worth it just for the ferry trip....
  • Reykjavik, Lille, Lisbon, Zurich, Copenhagen, Berlin.
  • Bled in Slovenia is also fantastic, especially if you get good weather

Plus one vote for Bled and Ljubljana, really nice places.
  • Istanbul
  • Liege? Anyone been ?

:-]
  • Krakow..... fantastic place.

PragueAddick.... last time I was in Liege, it pee'd hard so didn't see much of the place.
  • Tours, get some rumours
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014

I'd recommend Copenhagen, Porto and Belgrade. All cities I have visited in the last 12 months, all three are fantastic cities yet very differnt culturally.

I'm sure you've been to Copenhagen, being based in Stockholm but for those who havn't I'd throughly recommend it, beautiful city with lovely parks and scenery.

Porto is a real gem, fantastic wine, sea food and SuperBok is now one of my favourite lagers. Architecture too is incredible.

Belgrade, lovely differnt type of food, brilliant nightlife, rich with history and nice people who are genuinely humbled and thankful you have chosen to visit their city. I really want to see more of Serbia, Novi Sad is also meant to be great, not a lot of tourists there at all still so you get a great feel for the place.

No accounting for taste... :-)

Brussels is a fantastic city, and you can get real beer and lager that is worth drinking
  • lol Prague yes ferry from Stockholm to Finlland Årland etc very goood fun and no neeed to get off !!! But Helsinki lovely as well for a weekend
  • lol Prague yes ferry from Stockholm to Finlland Årland etc very goood fun and no neeed to get off !!! But Helsinki lovely as well for a weekend

Trying to get my British mates interested in the Arland trip for our next "Eurothrash" . But some of them are already approaching retirement age and I'm worried they might never make it back :-)

My Swedish mate who told me all this keeps claiming that on this ferry "you cannot fail". But he has not confirmed that he did not himself fail...
  • I'd recommend Copenhagen, Porto and Belgrade. All cities I have visited in the last 12 months, all three are fantastic cities yet very differnt culturally.

Brussels is a fantastic city, and you can get real beer and lager that is worth drinking
    meh - if you fancy a trip to belgium do Antwerpen - Gent - Brugge. way more authentic and nicer cities than brussels
  • sralan said:

Krakow..... fantastic place.

PragueAddick.... last time I was in Liege, it pee'd hard so didn't see much of the place.

Did you pop round to Roland's office? I believe Standard fans do it all the time :-)

• Granada, Valencia, Bari and Taranto, Coimbra, Londonderry/Derry depending on your persuasion.
  • Sheffield.
  • Amsterdam

Yes nice lager in Belgium, but SuperBok is for sure worth drinking, lovely pale lager brewed in the suburbs of Porto. Try it for y'self!
  • Enjoyed a few days in Palermo this year.

Recently also liked Malaga. Bit like Lisbon.

Kid friendly too, if you have any.