Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Curious Case Of Mr Danny Haynes

Comments

• Options

Seem to remember him having a stinker against Millwall and having an argument with someone in the crowd when he was subbed...he just disappeared after that.

That game wasn't poor old Danny Haynes' finest moment, was it? ....... remember him quaking in his boots as he ran at Shittu, before he meekly let the ball run away from him.

Maybe he considered some risks in life are just not worth taking.

• Options
    Thats a real shame if true. Was a big fan of his and really enjoyed watching him ran at players. Was a shame when we let him go, as he clearly had the ability to add something to us last season. Just couldn't keep him fit enough.
  • Options
    Just noticed he has been released now from Cheltenham who have been relegated out of the football league.

Non league beckons for Mr Haynes...
  • Options
    He is clearly in the wrong career. Despite having some real talent his body is just not physically up to it to be a professional sportsman.

I hope he has made enough, and saved enough, money to be ok. He was a real delight to watch sometimes (most of the time) but he was just not available for selection often enough.

If he'd stayed fit enough to play every week tour first year back in the Championship things could have been very, very different for us.
  • Options
    When he played he was good. I liked him.

I understand his fitness issue though. Once you have a recurring injury it's near impossible to get right in the head and the body again.

You always wonder is it going to go?
    Is it ready yet?
    Is that DOMS or have I done something?

Luckily he still got to collect money most of the time!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

When he played he was good. I liked him.

I understand his fitness issue though. Once you have a recurring injury it's near impossible to get right in the head and the body again.

You always wonder is it going to go?
    Is it ready yet?
    Is that DOMS or have I done something?

Luckily he still got to collect money most of the time!

He would have done far better at Arsenal.

Just ask Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tomas Rosicky, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere, Gabriel Paulista, Joel Campbell and not forgetting Abou Diaby.
  • Options
    That run of goalscoring form he hit in our first season back in the Championship was him performing at the absolute peak of his abilities. Tearing defenders apart with his pace, getting his scoring record consistent and hitting some absolute belters. When he scored that wonder goal against Derby and then pulled up in tears he was just never the same. He still popped up with a few goals - including a great one at Leicester - but you could tell he was still afraid to sprint full out. With that gone from his game it seems his confidence has just got lower and lower. A real shame
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And even if he still has something to offer, Cheltenham relegated to non-League, means they can't afford him anyway.

• Options
    On trial at Ebbsfleet
  • Options
    If he could sort his cheesestrings out he'd be phenomenal at that level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ. Absolutely loved watching him play for us.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    SCP seemed to think that his problems were at least partly in his head. Shame that his career has taken a nosedive as I genuinely thought he had talent.
  • Options
    The Cardiff game.
  • Options
    Has now signed for Ebbsfleet. The Charlton feel must be returning down there.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

With all due respect to the Conference South, Haynes is far, far better than that. Fantastic signing for Ebbsfleet. Best of luck to him, he could be a 20-30 goal a season striker at that level. If only he wasn't English we might have brought him back :(

Until his hamstring goes "twang"...
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

With all due respect to the Conference South, Haynes is far, far better than that. Fantastic signing for Ebbsfleet. Best of luck to him, he could be a 20-30 Hamstring injuries a season striker at that level. If only he wasn't English we might have brought him back :(

• Options
    My worry now is that Igor ends up in a similar way. Strikers who have an abundance of pace and talent are of no feckin use at all lying on treatment tables apart from the odd memory they leave behind like Danny's goal at Leicester.

I could also say "Moussa" but haven't seen enough to rate his potential up there with the hapless Danny.
  • Options
    arguably played too much football when he was a youngster at ipswich, playing in their first team. Now he's getting injured time after time. He'll absolutely tear up that league when he's fit. When fit is a top championship player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

With all due respect to the Conference South, Haynes is far, far better than that. Fantastic signing for Ebbsfleet. Best of luck to him, he could be a 20-30 goal a season striker at that level. If only he wasn't English we might have brought him back :(

Yeah, its being English that's the problem?!?!?

Where do we find these people?
  • Options
    So let's get this right...

Danny Haynes last season for Cheltenham Town, after being released by Mitts County, (who were relegated). He played 8 games, scoring one goal. And Cheltenham Town were, guess what? Relegated...

This means he's good enough for the Championship? Really?

Then there's the other problem. What ever you give him in salary, you can almost double that for medical fees. And, if you're lucky, you may get half a season out of him!

Sound economic sense!
  • Options

Danny Haynes last season for Cheltenham Town, after being released by Mitts County, (who were relegated). He played 8 games, scoring one goal. And Cheltenham Town were, guess what? Relegated...

Then there's the other problem. What ever you give him in salary, you can almost double that for medical fees. And, if you're lucky, you may get half a season out of him!

Sound economic sense!

Harsh but possibly fair. I hope he gets back to enjoying what he does/likes best. I hope he stays fit.

• Options

Huskaris said:

Yeah, its being English that's the problem?!?!?

Where do we find these people?
    On the free transfer list.
  • Options
    Just seen Danny playing for Cray Wanderers at Hythe Town. Scored a decent goal in first half but other than was that totally anonymous. Pace and seemingly confidence appear to have deserted him.
    Strange to see such a decent player for Charlton 3 seasons ago now not being able to stand out in Ryman League game.
  • Options

Sound economic sense!

Sounds perfect duchatwlet logic to me. Is he cheap? Yes o mighty one and according to my spreadsheet hes quick. Tell my bitch Katy to offer him a 5 year contract, Well done Thomas you are an amazing scout. Thank you your worship.
  • Options
    Was it his hamstrings that were the issue for him ?
  • Options
    I was in the home end at Portman Road when he scored a sliced cross against us for Ipswich in 2008 (I think). Wonderfully placed above Nicky Weaver in the top corner if I remember correctly. I remember he was highly rated at the time.

I never really rated him. I know he was alright for us, but I always felt he was pace and not much more. I know I'm probably in a small minority on this. Sad that he's dropped so far down, but he is a player who I looked at and thought "If the pace goes he won't have much."
  • Options
    I remember the team full of Dannys. Happy days.