Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice re new car

Comments

• Options
    Ok Randy, that's a good reason! ;-)
  • Options

Can't give any informed opinion on these cars but mate recently bought a brand new A6 Estate and bought it online. He got it for 28 grand which was a full thousand cheaper than the best the biggest Audi dealer in the showroom could do and nearly 30% off list. The owner told him it was the way to do it if you wanted the lowest possible price.

Online car buying is certainly how things are going. In case anyone is thinking of buying a new car and hasn't tried it, check out Wowcar. You spec your car and main dealer franchises dealers bid for your business. Got an OTR discount of £6k on a new Audi which is nearly £4k better than What Car target price. Just need to collect it from Coventry.
    NLA will pick it up for you. Any excuse to go to Cov.
  • Options
    Personally I'd recommend the new Zafira Tourer, but I can't say I'm unbiased, my fiancée works for Beadles Vauxhall in Aylesford. S-Max is a nice car, was tempted myself at one stage a few years ago. They seem to hold their value well, or secondhand ones are strangely pricey when compared to a similarly spec'd Mondeo estate
  • Options
    I lease. Pretty easy and get some cracking deals without worrying about depreciation and negative equity. Low deposits. Cars are depreciating assets and money is always lost on them, its just finding the way to lose the least money on a car you like.
  • Options

Personally I'd recommend the new Zafira Tourer, but I can't say I'm unbiased, my fiancée works for Beadles Vauxhall in Aylesford. S-Max is a nice car, was tempted myself at one stage a few years ago. They seem to hold their value well, or secondhand ones are strangely pricey when compared to a similarly spec'd Mondeo estate

Has she also said that you've got to help her sell cars to boost her commission

No help... no Sex... it seems like we've sussed why your nickname is @randy andy ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dont do Qashqai , step away from it and never look back. Trust me on this.

My brother has the Qashqai N-tec, it's a brilliant motor.

We have the Juke, Tekna Dig-T which is also a brilliant motor, though not as economic as some other similar cars due to the small engine and big body.

We've had out N-Tec a couple of years and love it. The only minor thing to complain about is that the timing on the intermittent windscreen wiper is crap and takes too long in between sweeps. Other than that it's great.
  • Options
    if you are buying a new car go to coast2coastcars.co.uk and get a quote putting any extras that you want. Then use this quote to get the best deal out of the franchise dealer or do it through Coast. If you are doing HP or lease you can still use the quote as any financing is based on the total cost of the car.
  • Options
    I have driven a petrol Qashqai and thought it was a pile of junk, but only my opinion.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dont do Qashqai , step away from it and never look back. Trust me on this.

My brother has the Qashqai N-tec, it's a brilliant motor.

We have the Juke, Tekna Dig-T which is also a brilliant motor, though not as economic as some other similar cars due to the small engine and big body.

Is that bottom pic of just one car or a collage of different car pictures?
  • Options
    Oooh, time for a fact of the day.

A juke is a roadhouse, nightclub, or bar, especially one providing food, drinks, and music for dancing.

The word is derived from a Creole language, Gullah, and originally meant disorderly, rowdy, or wicked.

Jukeboxes were, of course, used in jukes.

Notwithstanding any of that, the Nissan obviously should have been called a Puke.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

A juke is a roadhouse, nightclub, or bar, especially one providing food, drinks, and music for dancing.

The word is derived from a Creole language, Gullah, and originally meant disorderly, rowdy, or wicked.

Notwithstanding any of that, the Nissan obviously should have been called a Puke.

Ha ha ha it's better than a Fiat Multipla, I can definitely see why people don't like it, but I really do.

They all seem to be owned by young drivers (in their twenties) or ancients and no one really in the 30 - 60 bracket!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

Ha ha ha it's better than a Fiat Multipla, I can definitely see why people don't like it, but I really do.

They all seem to be owned by young drivers (in their twenties) or ancients and no one really in the 30 - 60 bracket!
    You could well be right. My sister drives one and she's fast* approaching the ancient category. She traded in a 350z for it - I think she's gone senile.

*Not when she's driving the Juke obviously.
  • Options
    Yep car wow 3 grand off new kia sportage sidcup besr car ive had much beter then the qashqai and the juke all day long.
  • Options
    My parents have a qashqai and I have an almera. Before that I had a sunny. Just to balance out this thread with people who clearly have no interest in the thrill of driving.
  • Options
    We've got a Seat Leon Copa 1.6tdi eco. Love it. Very decent spec (essentially high spec VW) but cheaper. Looks nice, very quick and the mph is ridiculously high.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

My parents have a qashqai and I have an almera. Before that I had a sunny. Just to balance out this thread with people who clearly have no interest in the thrill of driving.

Lol, my brother in law said to me when we bought it that you know you're getting old when you enthuse about a Nissan.
  • Options
    Datsun.lol
  • Options
    I recently bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe, I am getting old it is the most comfortable car I have ever owned and the 2.2 litre diesel is so much better (quicker better torque) than the 1.5 diesel in the Nissan Xtrail and Qashqai we test drove as well. It has proper 4wd and can seat 7 and the mpg is not so much worse.

I am going to buy a Mk 1 BMW Mini Cooper S to compliment it.
  • Options
    Friend has an SMax, he likes it apart from the silly handbrake.

Have you thought of buying one three years old? Providing it's been properly looked after, it would be nearly new but about 50% of the new price.
  • Options
    pickwick said:

I recently bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe, I am getting old it is the most comfortable car I have ever owned and the 2.2 litre diesel is so much better (quicker better torque) than the 1.5 diesel in the Nissan Xtrail and Qashqai we test drove as well. It has proper 4wd and can seat 7 and the mpg is not so much worse.

I am going to buy a Mk 1 BMW Mini Cooper S to compliment it.

Had a Cooper s for about 11 years son now has it been great car
    Get a good looked after supercharged version though not the turbo
    Do go through front tyres though

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cazo said:

Yep car wow 3 grand off new kia sportage sidcup besr car ive had much beter then the qashqai and the juke all day long.

And you get unlimited 7 year warranty that stays with the car, cracking value.
  • Options
    cazo said:

Have you had both a Juke and Qashqai? the models haven't been around that long have they?
  • Options
    sister in law has just leased a Kia Sportage, fantastic car.

We've got an S Max, first automatic car I've owned and I'll never be going back to manual !
  • Options

sister in law has just leased a Kia Sportage, fantastic car.

We've got an S Max, first automatic car I've owned and I'll never be going back to manual !

I'd never drive a manual again, just pointless.
  • Options

Awaiting the collection date for our new Qashqai. The missus loves 'em (currently driving an old shape Tekna). Got a very good discount via Carwow. Only have to go to Canterbury for it. Local dealer totally useless - not a price issue, just refused to make contact re a test drive, I can only think they're owned by Belgians.

I can't say I'm in love with the things personally and I did consider a Tucson and Sportage. Problem is that a panoramic roof/sunroof is a must for the wife and in the new shape Sportage and Tucson you have to go a long way up the spec to get one at a price that was more than I was prepared to pay.

As for reliability, the old Qashqai has given no grief, owners reviews for the Sportage weren't exactly blinding (that's the model they've just dropped) and it's too early to say re the new one. I know the new shape Qashqai had a few niggles when they were introduced and there are a couple of glitches but pound for pound they're good value compared to others in their class.

My own motor is a Mazda 2 Tamura and I'm perfectly happy with it.

• Options

cazo said:

And you get unlimited 7 year warranty that stays with the car, cracking value.
    5 year paint warranty 12 rust warranty outside in
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cazo said:

Have you had both a Juke and Qashqai? the models haven't been around that long have they?
    No i have not but people at work have and got read.of after 1 yeer to 2 years so sayes it all.
  • Options
    cazo said:

Dazzler21 said:

cazo said:

No i have not but people at work have and got read.of after 1 year to 2 years so says it all.
  • Options
    cazo said:

cazo said:

Dazzler21 said:

cazo said:

No i have not but people at work have and got read.of after 1 year to 2 years so says it all.
    Test drove qashqai and the moker
  • Options
    cazo said:

cazo said:

cazo said:

Dazzler21 said:

cazo said:

Test drove qashqai and the mokka sportage 1·7 ockquote>