Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football league show

Comments

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Think you will find John Still is a Charlton fan anyway?

No reason to change allegiances this early in the season, I'm still a Charlton fan too.
  • Options
    After watching our 90 seconds four times I had a look at the rest of the goals. Llera's OG for Scunthorpe was a gem. Don't know what he was trying to do - but then, neither did he!
  • Options

After watching our 90 seconds four times I had a look at the rest of the goals. Llera's OG for Scunthorpe was a gem. Don't know what he was trying to do - but then, neither did he!

Think the Massives will regret letting him go. Marriage made in Heaven.
  • Options
    Funny how we view things differently , but I thought John Still came over well and spoke sense even before his comments on us.

It is true how good defending is also lucky defending and I guess there must be a skill in holding on . I do like him he can certainly spot a player in the lower reaches of the league . Never heard previously that he was a Charlton fan and as an East Londoner I would find it unlikely.

There were rumours after the bad run in Powell's first season that Still was being considered as a possible Charlton boss . I would have not minded that in League One ,but I am not sure he could do a decent job at this level.
  • Options
    Watching it now; Leeds were VERY lucky with that disallowed goal. Think that was harsh on Middlesborough..

I can't stand either team to be honest. So I won't be crying a river for Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    Watched most of it now.

John Still came across pretty well to me, full of praise for Charlton - saying we should be able to attract good quality players, that we're a good side to play for and that he was expecting nothing less from us. I did hear the bit about appointing Peeters, but figured he meant that we didn't do it at the end of the pre-season, as opposed to the end of the season (Note; not what he said - but it made sense to me.) - so that we've given Peeters enough time to get to grips with the squad.

Interesting to see Cywka get on the scoresheet for Blackpool; although I do feel sorry for Riga. Wasn't aware that there was more friction between him and the chairman; the Blackpool fans are lucky with Riga as manager. Although I do fear he's doing a career ending move right now. It's all good and well saying "I'm only staying here due to the fans"; but realistically, how long are the fans going to keep the blame purely on the board? Football fans are fickle, even if Riga is fighting with his hands tied behind his back.

Scunthorpe's back four looked pretty bad for the first goal as it was, but take a bow Miguel - that was a quite a goal..

On a lighter note, I had a chuckle when I saw Green leisurely wandering towards the penalty box when the rest of his team were defending.. just as MK Dons conceded.
  • Options
    I think Peeters was in the frame even before Riga was appointed.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

On a lighter note, I had a chuckle when I saw Green leisurely wandering towards the penalty box when the rest of his team were defending.. just as MK Dons conceded.

I noticed that all three Peterborough goals came down Green's side. Glad he's not our plan b anymore!
  • Options
    My dad used to point out that it was so blatant that Steve clarified doesn't like us. We also barely ever get mentioned on it. I remember vividly Brighton getting so much time when they got promoted yet we were better than them and we got no time in comparison. I hope we do well just so we get time and we really annoy them and get some praise for once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, I reckon I was harsh on John Still. It was his comments that Rotherham will stay up comfortably & probably end up half way. Plus saying that Charlton didn't wait until the end of the season to sort out their coach/manager, that I thought were wrong (still do).
    However, the rest of what he said was fine & spoke like a proper manager, he did fantastic. :-)
  • Options
    Featured game Derby vs Fulham tonight following Derby's "shock midweek defeat at Charlton"....... cheeky gets.
  • Options
    1200 Fulham fans at Derby! Good turn out.
  • Options
    oh god them shud say Charlton iz gud innit
  • Options

This.
  • Options
    Derby look blooming good, how the heck did we manage to beat them?

Not many teams are going to beat them on today's showing.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

1200 Fulham fans at Derby! Good turn out.

Fulham have to many young players in that side!
  • Options
    Excellent defending by TBH never a penalty
  • Options
    As for the crowding around the ref to get their man sent off I didn't like that. Don't want to see that again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As for the crowding around the ref to get their man sent off I didn't like that. Don't want to see that again.

Always felt the same, along with not liking Charlton players diving.......................but then I see every other team trying to con/influence the ref, so if you can't beat them an all that............
  • Options

Sod that, we've been far to soft in these scenarios for decades.
    Get them sent off. Part of the game like it or not.

• Options
    Fulham were shite...going down at this rate...some top teams on show...CAFC no coverage...no mention of who we are/ where we going... All good ;)
    Wait for next Saturday...
  • Options
    How comes no interview from Bob? Not think there was one after the Brentford game.
  • Options

@Mortimerican. I am tempted to put a flag on this post for abuse of the English language !
  • Options
    See Forestieri up to his usual tricks.

Amazing story re Fleetwood - at this rate they could be swapping places with their next door neighbour Blackpool. 6 promotions in 10 seasons is one hell of a achievement.
  • Options
    DId they call Vetokele Belgian on the FLS? Good work.