Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Comments

• Options

Make that 27 from 32 games as he has 2 now. Equal most in history of MLS. Had a chance to get the record as well. Sam

He's scored 27 in 32 ? Bloody hell, well done Bradley.
  • Options
    SMW28 said:

He has scored to have New York Red Bulls leading at half time in the last game of the regular season against Sporting Kansas City. He currently is top goalscorer in the MLS with 26 against today's opponents striker Dom Dwyer who we were linked with in January. would either add anything to our attack at the moment?

Is this how its gonna be with every striker ATM we already have enough people on here going on about Delort and Yann

BWP did not make it in the Championship when he had the chance, just because he is scoring in the MLS does not mean he can suddenly now do It in the Championship
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    27 in 32. Well done BWP!
  • Options

SMW28 said:

He has scored to have New York Red Bulls leading at half time in the last game of the regular season against Sporting Kansas City. He currently is top goalscorer in the MLS with 26 against today's opponents striker Dom Dwyer who we were linked with in January. would either add anything to our attack at the moment?

Is this how its gonna be with every striker ATM we already have enough people on here going on about Delort and Yann

BWP did not make it in the Championship when he had the chance, just because he is scoring in the MLS does not mean he can suddenly now do It in the Championship
    Okay, 1 goal in 9 starts, pretty much the same start he had in MLS, maybe needed time to adapt?

We had Rob Hulse, Ricardo Fuller, Michael Smith, Danny Hayne, Jonathon Obika (and of course kerm)

Maybe we did get rid of the wrong striker as cant see any of them achieving what he has achieved.

If it was a wages thing and we HAD to get rid then fair enough but it WAS a wrong move IMO to get rid of him over what else we had.

• Options

SMW28 said:

Okay, 1 goal in 9 starts, pretty much the same start he had in MLS, maybe needed time to adapt?

We had Rob Hulse, Ricardo Fuller, Michael Smith, Danny Hayne, Jonathon Obika (and of course kerm)

Maybe we did get rid of the wrong striker as cant see any of them achieving what he has achieved.

If it was a wages thing and we HAD to get rid then fair enough but it WAS a wrong move IMO to get rid of him over what else we had.

his stats that season was 1 in 21 I know some where of the bench and some in cups but still very poor

impossible to say what the others would achieve in America
    but Obika and Smith like BWP are best in league 1, that's their level

Haynes is injury prone and Fuller has a better record in the Championship than BWP: 5 goals for Charlon, 6 for Blackpool and already 2 for Millwall and like BWP he has not started every game

don't get me wrong BWP was incredible and a key part of our promotion out of league 1 but IMO that's the highest level in English Football he should play
  • Options
    BWP would have double our attempts on target Friday night

FACT

:)
  • Options

BWP would have double our attempts on target Friday night

FACT

:)

So instead of being 23 shots 0 goals
    it would of been 46 shots 0 goals
  • Options
    Read it again.
  • Options
    Instead of 23, 3 on target it would have been 6 on target
  • Options
    still 0 goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

still 0 goals

1 of his 3 on target would have been a goal
  • Options
    If you can do it in the MLS you can do it in the Championship in my opinion.

Made up for him, one hell of a nice bloke, and will be remembered by me fondly as a top top striker in the championship season
  • Options
    Good on him, decent player, just suffered from lack of confidence at the time when he left.

Glad to see he, and Lloyd Sam, seem to be doing well there.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Good on him, decent player, just suffered from lack of confidence at the time when he left.

Glad to see he, and Lloyd Sam, seem to be doing well there.

BWP, Sam and Bover all in the same squad although not sure how much game time Bover gets
  • Options
    He mainly seems to be sub in the last 10....not sure I could say that is doing well.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

He mainly seems to be sub in the last 10....not sure I could say that is doing well.

Never said he was doing well did I
    I just said they are all in the seam squad and then I said not sure how much game time he gets
  • Options
    edited October 2014

SMW28 said:

I'm just asking the question as many seem to be saying that apart from Igor were light up top. personally Tucudean has done more than I believe BWP would have and I like the look of KAG so for me he wouldnt get in the team. He's better than Church but means that he will probably not get on the bench. also watching the game last night, it has to be said apart from DP's such as Tim Cahill the players seem to be of League One standard.
  • Options
    Delighted for him, well done Bradley.
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

I just said they are all in the seam squad and then I said not sure how much game time he gets
    Oh ffs calm down Paulie, how can you get your nickers in a twist over that?!

I was just saying his game time wasn't suggesting he is doing aswell as Sam and BWP.

No one was trying to prove you wrong, yet you look a nob, congrats.

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Fiiiiiish said:

I was just saying his game time wasn't suggesting he is doing aswell as Sam and BWP.

first of all what's with the ffs calm down, not once have I been anything other than calm

secondly I look nothing like a nob that would be you holding up a mirror mate

you implied that I was saying Bover was doing well, when I never said that I asked the question as I can honestly say I have watched no MLS games, juts seen he was on their squad on FIFA15

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Fiiiiiish said:

first of all what's with the ffs calm down, not once have I been anything other than calm

you implied that I was saying Bover was doing well, when I never said that I asked the question as I can honestly say I have watched no MLS games, juts seen he was on their squad on FIFA15

Quick tip on writing, when you start a point defensively and end it with 'did i' you sound like a teenage brat.

Nob holding a mirror.....(cringe), a casual 'your mum' would have been better and got your LOL count up.

I didn't imply anything, if I wanted to imply something I would have just said 'er no Paulie he isnt doing well look at the time he is getting, how could you say he is doing well'.

Just relax!
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Quick tip on writing, when you start a point defensively and end it with 'did i' you sound like a teenage brat.

Nob holding a mirror.....(cringe), a casual 'your mum' would have been better and got your LOL count up.

I didn't imply anything, if I wanted to imply something I would have just said 'er no Paulie he isnt doing well look at the time he is getting, how could you say he is doing well'.

Just relax!
  • Options
    MLS season has now finished. Would not surprise me if BWP comes back.
  • Options
    Playoffs first isn't it? Can't see him keeping match fit by going out on loan anywhere, I mean it's not like our players go out on loan to an MLS club for the summer is it?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Playoffs first isn't it? Can't see him keeping match fit by going out on loan anywhere, I mean it's not like our players go out on loan to an MLS club for the summer is it?

Of course. I forgot the playoffs.
    I just have a feeling that this particular transfer would be easy to negotiate.
    Could he do a job for us. I honestly do not know.

• Options
    Glad it's all calm on this thread now thought we was going to have fisticuffs!
  • Options

Glad it's all calm on this thread now thought we was going to have fisticuffs!

If their is I am off. The sight of blood makes me squeamish.
  • Options
    He is always better than shaun
  • Options
    SSN just did a piece on BWP at NYC red Bulls. MLS games are to be shown live this season and NYC play Orlando on Sunday 9pm. Came across really well and seems very happy there. Good luck to him
  • Options
    Thought they were going on strike?