Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• Options
    back on
  • Options
    seth plum said:

been watching since half seven. Not fast, not atmospheric, not great quality, no goals, and Andy just got involved in a messed up free kick.

Sounds like us this time last year!
  • Options
    Games restarted. Played in the same electrifying pace.
  • Options
    This Tours look a right good team!
  • Options
    So does Delort look like someone who is worth £2.5m?
  • Options
    Losing 1-0
  • Options
    Tours made a triple substitution so Delors stays on (was it a double one...not sure)
  • Options
    Delort just wide with a thumping free-kick 35 yards out in added time.
    Tours lose 1-0.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Tours have exactly the same strip as Charlton but only in sky blue.

Saw Delort (thing it was him) try to do a fancy flick over the goalie in the penalty area but missed it completely. The did a nice lay off. Second half played at a better pace. Missed the Corsican team's winning goal as got distracted by very tasty dinner. Tours lose 1-0.

Thanks to @Callumcafc for the link.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Saw Delort (thing it was him) try to do a fancy flick over the goalie in the penalty area but missed it completely. The did a nice lay off. Second half played at a better pace. Missed the Corsican team's winning goal as got distracted by very tasty dinner. Tours lose 1-0.

what did you have mate?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014

vff said:

what did you have mate?
    Roast chicken, rice, steamed pepper and vegetable thing and courgettes washed down with a couple of bottles of stella. Missus cooking definitely on form, if only Delort's performance on the pitch was half as good.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

what did you have mate?
    Roast chicken, rice, steamed pepper and vegetable thing and courgettes washed down with stella. Missus cooking definitely on form, if only Delort was half as good at football.
    Wow sounds lovely, shame about the game, every cloud though eh?
  • Options
    He has been charltonised already.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014

vff said:

vff said:

what did you have mate?
    Roast chicken, rice, steamed pepper and vegetable thing and courgettes washed down with stella. Missus cooking definitely on form, if only Delort was half as good at football.
    Wow sounds lovely, shame about the game, every cloud though eh?
    A very nice tasting cloud. Am happy.

Difficult to say how good Delort is on that performance, maybe with stronger players around him, he may shine. Tours did a fair bit of hoofing forward surprisingly enough.
  • Options
    Have to look at the positives...

90 mins towards match fitness
    no injuries
    Didn't score 4 goals, have a blinder and alert even more teams to his availability

;)
  • Options
    Did you have a pudding?
  • Options
    George Tucudean was signed before most fans were even aware of the interest,where the Andy Delort saga has been running longer than the mousetrap. I just hope this is not a case of a premature evaluation !
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Fumbluff said:

Did you have a pudding?

Onto pudding now. Panna cotta with strawberry topping jelly thing. Its a Heston Bluemthal thing, got it half price. It is going to be really good or not very good at all.

Edit: Not very good. Had to eat a chocolate mousse to finish off the meal on the proper note. Quality meal.
  • Options

Difficult to say how good Delort is on that performance, maybe with stronger players around him, he may shine. Tours did a fair bit of hoofing forward surprisingly enough.

Igor, George & Gudmundson (sp.?) all looked great on you tube (Of course they are) as did PP & I McClown which goes to show that you can make almost anyone look good but the standard that Delort is playing at is awful, the goalies look worse than our friend from SL. If you could somehow put a championship goalie into the opposition I wonder how many goals he would have scored last year. Having said that all of our summer signings look great so maybe I should trust BBs judgment on this one as well but he just looks limited to me. Hope I can rapidly eat my words ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Tours have exactly the same strip as Charlton but only in sky blue....

More than that, they have the chevrons on their badge.

• Options
    Playing his last game before a transfer....I'd judge his performance as much as a Charlton friendly in welling.
  • Options
    He was never going to do anything where he may get injured, as you say, like a pre-season friendly, just enough to get fitter
  • Options
    I think we're building this fella up a little too much?

If we ever did sign him, and it's a big if , surely he'd never be able to live up to the hype and excitement shown on here.

Is he really, I mean really that good?

Is he going to be the next Jordan Rhodes, or the next Pawel Abbott?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but getting excited over a player I've never seen play , or heard of before except through charlton life is a bit bonkers.

It's like the whole of Charlton life has popped over to Amsterdam for the weekend, been on the funny fags, and lost touch with reality.
  • Options
    Seen his goals on U-tube?
  • Options

I think we're building this fella up a little too much?

If we ever did sign him, and it's a big if , surely he'd never be able to live up to the hype and excitement shown on here.

Is he really, I mean really that good?

Is he going to be the next Jordan Rhodes, or the next Pawel Abbott?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but getting excited over a player I've never seen play , or heard of before except through charlton life is a bit bonkers.

It's like the whole of Charlton life has popped over to Amsterdam for the weekend, been on the funny fags, and lost touch with reality.

I Thought the Amsterdam trip was mandatory for CL users.
  • Options
    Stig said:

vff said:

Tours have exactly the same strip as Charlton but only in sky blue....

More than that, they have the chevrons on their badge.

1951 ? Tinpot
  • Options
    Cheese board?
  • Options
    Today's the day I can feel it.