Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EasyJet check-in messing me around.

Anyone got any previous with booking online with EasyJet?

Website tells me this in a big bright yellow box..

[quote]Important! You need to add ID information to your booking
For security you need to provide details of the passport, or other suitable identification documents, you will be travelling with. This is needed by law for you and any accompanying passengers.
If you don't do this then you will not be allowed on the plane.[/quote]

Yet we are all checked-in, and the button which tells me to 'add information' doesnt let me view any of the old information now that we are checked in..

Any ideas?

Comments

• have you entered the passport number?
  • Have you printed off boarding passes yet?
    Ive never had any issues, except not being able to put a certain date of birth on Phone App, had to do it on Laptop.

Have you done it on app or website?
  • Use BA. never a problem, nice easy check in at T5, and not always more expensive once you factor in all the extras.
  • lol president...or just use Air force 1
  • I would give them a call mate, is it Spain you are flying to? A work colleague had this problem before where he hadnt provided the info before printing his boarding pass. He got charged a fee at the airport for them entering the details and then printing the boarding pass again.
  • Only issue I have had is I put details on laptop but phone app was still requesting them.
  • Use BA. never a problem, nice easy check in at T5, and not always more expensive once you factor in all the extras.

Friends here at the moment flew BA from Gatwick, cheaper than Ryan, easy and Monarch. Sorry Matt, I know that does not help you with your problem. :-(
  • Flew to the Algarve cheaper on BA? I am surprised by this and will have to start looking at them thanks
  • Have you printed off boarding passes yet?
    Ive never had any issues, except not being able to put a certain date of birth on Phone App, had to do it on Laptop.

Have you done it on app or website?

I also had a problem with the phone app (not showing the entries in whatever the last box was on each passenger)
    Yes I have already printed Boarding Passes off
  • We are flying to Ibiza, from Southend!
  • Sponsored links:

• Think you have to enter the details before checking in. After that to change any details it's a call to customer services.
  • Yeh - you'll be checked in but they will need passport details of all passengers - that's just the way it works. Check in doesn't mean you can get on the plane. It's a bore but theres no way round it. You'll just have to get everyone's passport numbers, date of issue and expiry and check the way their names are written in their passports and log it all into the site..
  • Had a problem last week - couldn't add hold baggage at £21.99 so had to pay £40 going out and €35 coming home. Fucking scoundrels imo
  • edited August 2014
    If your problem is other than just the inconvenience of adding passport details, and there is a problem with the website I find that if you email them they will help with stuff like adding bookings - make it clear it is a tech problem (theirs) and you should be able to avoid the £25 admin fee they may try to hit you with. You may even be able to request a call back - not sure if they still do that tho...
  • From your post it appears that you are being asked for ID info. Maybe the bright yellow box is just a general warning to customers? if it says you are checked in then what are you asking?
  • From your post it appears that you are being asked for ID info. Maybe the bright yellow box is just a general warning to customers? if it says you are checked in then what are you asking?

I thought it could just be one of those warnings which is constantly there, but my friend on another booking who is meeting us out there doesnt have this yellow box appearing.
    I find it strange that I didnt doubt any of the details I entered, they seemed fine. Yet its trying to tell me that I have missed something.
  • MattD said:

From your post it appears that you are being asked for ID info. Maybe the bright yellow box is just a general warning to customers? if it says you are checked in then what are you asking?

I thought it could just be one of those warnings which is constantly there, but my friend on another booking who is meeting us out there doesnt have this yellow box appearing.
    I find it strange that I didnt doubt any of the details I entered, they seemed fine. Yet its trying to tell me that I have missed something.
    So you've entered passport details for all passengers, yes?
  • But it says you are checked in or not?
  • Sorted now?
  • Flew to the Algarve cheaper on BA? I am surprised by this and will have to start looking at them thanks

Same story Prague - LHR which I just booked tonight, and not for the first time. Always worth trying BA. And personally always feel more comfortable with them than on EasyJet.

• Sponsored links:

• MattD said:

We are flying to Ibiza, from Southend!

A cracking little airport. It's so so nice just being able to stroll from the car park (or railway station or Holiday Inn) to the terminal in a couple of minutes. More flights being added all the time. It was mainly Queasyjet but Flybe are using it too now.
    Unfortunately the Queasyjet route I used most to Belfast has been dropped :-(
  • edited August 2014
    With BA you are allowed two pieces of hand baggage and one piece in the hold, so it often works out cheaper if travelling with more than just hand baggage.

Flybe are flying from City airport to Belfast City airport starting late October.

Yes they did. And the last three or four times we have been back to the UK (albeit in winter) taking into account things like extra luggage allowance, comfort, service, food and drink BA has been the best option - sometimes it has cost us about £30 more for a return flight for two of us. Small price to pay IMHO. Although as we are back over Christmas this year, and took our time making our minds up about dates BA nearly doubled in price while we were messing about, so we are flying Monarch this time.
  • MattD said:

From your post it appears that you are being asked for ID info. Maybe the bright yellow box is just a general warning to customers? if it says you are checked in then what are you asking?

Yes, details were all entered, checked-in and boarding passes printed. Still there though
  • that just sounds like a attention sign then
  • MattD said:

MattD said:

Yes, details were all entered, checked-in and boarding passes printed. Still there though
    Send an email to customer services - if you've got a boarding pass you should be OK. When's your flight?
  • We used to use Sleazy Jet for our annual golf trip to the Algarve every October until they seriously messed us around three years ago (long story, very boring) since when we've used Monarch who have been very good. Having said that, Monarch's prices seem to have hiked up a bit this year (we're travelling second week in October to Faro from Gatwick and we always book the flights a long way in advance) compared to last so I'll check out BA when we get around to looking at next year. Ta for the tip.
  • If you are around Albufeira, do pop in and say hello...

Villamora tomorrow so this time hopefully all the smalls will stay well and we can jump a cab for a beer, did you not say one afternoon you are closed Perry? Flying BA as it was cheaper.

We've alternated between Tavira and Alvor over the years but seem to be settling into Alvor as the resort of choice. This year will be the third in a row there. We love it. 12 of us in a minibus. Get up, breakfast, golf, beer at the course, back to hotel, siesta, shower, out for dinner, kip, repeat seven times, Its a real bummer! Will PM if anywhere near you but I suspect Silves is the closest we will get!