Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    I fancy 
    Kyan’s lynn
    man of promise 
  • Options
    The Aussie horse impressive there. Auckland express 200/1. 
    Think out of 2 favs next one but as a outsider I go for new energy 40/1 
  • Options
    O’Brien / Moore combo at 50/1 has to have a small amount on it. Otherwise a small win bet on My Prospero.
  • Options
    Small win bet on Pied Piper and e/w on Reshoun.
  • Options
    I won a whole £5 thanks to Paddy with Baaeed & Real World 1st & 2nd at evens.
  • Options
    Foxes Tales & Tasman Bay, both e/w
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Last one then, win bet on Juan De Montalban and small e/w on Not So Sleepy
  • Options
    Said tudhope swapped from  Jain de montalban. to get shirty Callum but we’ll done you had some good uns today I picked the wrong Hollie Doyle one. 
  • Options
    Picking 
    yahsat and Maria branwell in first race 2.30 today. 
  • Options

A mate of mine has a share in this horse.

Al Qareem runs today  in the Group 2 Queens Vase @ Royal Ascot. The race is off @ 15.05, it’s over 14 furlongs, the going is good/firm & he’ll be ridden by Clifford Lee. He’s drawn 8 of the 12 runners (1 being on the inside, 12 on the outside), which could be better as a right hand bend comes quite quickly after the start & you don’t want to be too wide going into it.

As you would expect for a first prize of £155,000, second £58,000, third £29,000 & fourth £15,500 it’s an extremely competitive race with many top yards represented & it also includes most of the very top jockeys. All the horses are 3 year olds & none I believe have gone this far before.

Al Qareem is currently priced anywhere from 8/1 - 10/1 depending on the bookmaker & puts him in as about 5th favourite. The trainer is very pleased with him & thinks he will make a bold show, although the shorter straight makes it more difficult for horses that are prominent, which we aim to be.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

A mate of mine has a share in this horse.

Al Qareem runs today  in the Group 2 Queens Vase @ Royal Ascot. The race is off @ 15.05, it’s over 14 furlongs, the going is good/firm & he’ll be ridden by Clifford Lee. He’s drawn 8 of the 12 runners (1 being on the inside, 12 on the outside), which could be better as a right hand bend comes quite quickly after the start & you don’t want to be too wide going into it.

As you would expect for a first prize of £155,000, second £58,000, third £29,000 & fourth £15,500 it’s an extremely competitive race with many top yards represented & it also includes most of the very top jockeys. All the horses are 3 year olds & none I believe have gone this far before.

Al Qareem is currently priced anywhere from 8/1 - 10/1 depending on the bookmaker & puts him in as about 5th favourite. The trainer is very pleased with him & thinks he will make a bold show, although the shorter straight makes it more difficult for horses that are prominent, which we aim to be.

If his horse beats the queen's filly by a short head, he'll be banned from Ascot forever 
  • Options
    Nahanni And typewriter in 3.05. 
  • Options
    Dettori has had better days. Did he really think that Moore was going to do him any favours?
  • Options
    Moore read Frankie like a book there. Gave him no chance to get going from the back.
  • Options
    Don’t get many debut runs like that. Holloway Boy. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Have Holloway Boy in a L15 ‘lottery ticket’ at 100/1 so I’m not complaining…

Not often you’ll see the first three home in the Chesham at 40/1, 80/1 and 33/1!
  • Options
    Had Rohaan (owned by Dean Kielys son) again this year which meant I was up overall for Ascot. 
  • Options
    2.00 Brighton today, Redredrobin about4/1
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Led all the way and got headed a few yards from the post.

Maybe an omen for next season. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Led all the way and got headed a few yards from the post.

Maybe an omen for next season. 
    I could take being done on the line and coming second
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sense of Duty one for the Nag Me... just pissed a 6f race, in decent company, by about 6 lengths at Newcastle. Looks like a star in the making
  • Options
    so Gosden and Dettori get divorced .. I knew something was wrong in the Oaks and at R Ascot .. seemed that every Gosden horse  ridden by Dettori was slow away, it seemed that Frankie was saying 'I'll do it my way and come from a long way behind' perhaps trying to give his adoring public even more thrills .. Gosden was looking more and more infuriated with his jockey ..

thing is owners who've spent a fortune on a horse and a trainer who's reputation and livelihood is at stake want things done THEIR way, Dettori lately liked to do things HIS way .. shows that even the most brilliant and talented are not irreplaceable if they become too prima donnaish .. just my take on things of course
  • Options
    so Gosden and Dettori get divorced .. I knew something was wrong in the Oaks and at R Ascot .. seemed that every Gosden horse  ridden by Dettori was slow away, it seemed that Frankie was saying 'I'll do it my way and come from a long way behind' perhaps trying to give his adoring public even more thrills .. Gosden was looking more and more infuriated with his jockey ..

thing is owners who've spent a fortune on a horse and a trainer who's reputation and livelihood is at stake want things done THEIR way, Dettori lately liked to do things HIS way .. shows that even the most brilliant and talented are not irreplaceable if they become too prima donnaish .. just my take on things of course
    Similarly, Jamie Spencer lost the lucrative Ballydoyle gig. A series of errors and insistence by Spencer to ride his way led to O'Brien telling him that he was no longer certain of all the top rides. Spencer resigned as a result. Spencer still annoys punters today with the way he holds so many of his rides up but it's also probably the reason that he ends up going to meetings for just one ride.

Of course, his biggest indiscretion was  having an affair with Hayley Turner which resulted in his divorce. As he said ‘I made a monumental error of judgment and now have to live with it. What I did is hard to explain. There’s not a day goes by that I don’t think of the catastrophic consequences of my stupidity. It’s hard, day in, day out.’

That arrogance can be a sportsman's undoing and that very 
    same trait is still costing punters money today in the cases of both Dettori and Spencer. 
  • Options
    Wolv 4.30 Redredrobin
    Uttox 7.30 Rock On Tommy
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    RIP Jack de Bromhead. Only 13. Absolutely devastating.
  • Options
    For those that are interested in doing this sort of thing, last night's Placepot at Newcastle was only won to 24p which means that the balance of the pot of £98,962 has been carried forward to today's Placepot at Ayr. There is already almost £120,000 in the pot (compared to £5,000 at Newbury and Newton Abbot) and there won't be many better value returns this year for those that are successful today.
  • Options
    Christophe Soumillon elbowed Rossa Ryan off his horse mid race and has received a 60 day ban for doing so. Extremely fortunate that the punishment is so lenient and one can't help thinking that had that been a 7lb claimer then the penalty would have been more severe. The biggest joke is that he will be allowed to ride at the Arc meeting this weekend which waters down the punishment even more given that we are coming to the end of the flat season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcrzOM3dNdo
  • Options
    Christophe Soumillon elbowed Rossa Ryan off his horse mid race and has received a 60 day ban for doing so. Extremely fortunate that the punishment is so lenient and one can't help thinking that had that been a 7lb claimer then the penalty would have been more severe. The biggest joke is that he will be allowed to ride at the Arc meeting this weekend which waters down the punishment even more given that we are coming to the end of the flat season.

A 60 day ban is a joke. I wonder if the ban would have been longer if it had been in the U.K. 

• Options
    If it had been here it would take 60 days to look into it.
  • Options

A 60 day ban is a joke. I wonder if the ban would have been longer if it had been in the U.K. 

Or if Ryan had pushed Soumillon off