Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Thanks all, much appreciated will make a note of these and report back
  • Options
    Impressive stuff. Anyone watch?

Amputee soldier Captain Guy Disney has become the first jockey with an artificial leg to ride over fences in a race in Britain.
    The 32-year-old, who was injured in Afghanistan, finished third on 11-2 chance Ballyallia Man at Sandown Park.
    Disney lost his right leg from the knee down when on duty for the Light Dragoons.
    He rode the horse for trainer Tom George in the Royal Artillery Gold Cup won by favourite Cowards Close.
    Disney, from near Stow-on-the-Wold in Gloucestershire, was badly injured when his vehicle was struck by a grenade in Helmand province in July 2009.
  • Options
    Amongst other dreadful bets I have slung Paul Nicholls' eight runners together in doubles and upwards to varying stakes.

It is Saturday after all ;-)
  • Options
    Good start with Arpege D'Alene turning over Tea For Two.

Can only go one way now!
  • Options
    ffs Harry the Viking mugged
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cappa Bleu retired - have a long and happy one old fella.

Satisfactory outing for the Dude at Haydock - decent enough performance (jumped pretty well - for him!) but sufficient distance back in 3rd to maybe nick a couple more lbs from Phil on Tuesday and (presumably) no downward pressure on odds yet - hopefully we'll still see 33s when more offer 5 places.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all your tips for Ascot yesterday, and especially smiffy for his email which I couldn't respond to. We had a brilliant day in fine dining in restuarant 5, food, view and service all excellent, it cost a lot of money but for that special occasion it was worth it.

Unfortunately we are total novices and total of 7 bets all recommended by yourselves none came in, but hey charlton won, we went with the attitude that the money we had would be handed over to the bookmakers, and it was. We had a great day which I think we will do again. Thanks again for making it such a great and fun day.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for all your tips for Ascot yesterday, and especially smiffy for his email which I couldn't respond to. We had a brilliant day in fine dining in restuarant 5, food, view and service all excellent, it cost a lot of money but for that special occasion it was worth it.

Unfortunately we are total novices and total of 7 bets all recommended by yourselves none came in, but hey charlton won, we went with the attitude that the money we had would be handed over to the bookmakers, and it was. We had a great day which I think we will do again. Thanks again for making it such a great and fun day.

Was a punters graveyard at Ascot y'day. And elsewhere. Bookies needed their Valentines money.
    A pity the Ptit Zig fell in the big one.

Jane Williams summed up the card. “Racing will die if we all put our horses away between Christmas and bloody Cheltenham,” she said. “People have come to see good racing and to see lots of good horses and we’ve got, what, 30 runners today? [A total of 41 over seven races, in fact] I just think it’s a shame and Ascot put on good prize money.”
  • Options
    Absurdistan I agree there was an air of disappointment at the number of horses taking part first two races there were only 4 in each race, it's was only the last race which was the only flat one where there were ten taking part, I had a big gamble (£10 on the nose well it's big for me) onPtit zig and I was very disappointed as well, but that the fun in jump racing I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just backed the very promising Festive Fare at Kempton but the race completely overshadowed by Biting Bullets breaking down. Always looks so awful in flat racing, especially when they are at top speed.
  • Options
    I know nothing about horse racing but been given a tip for the 2:30 at lingfield - Mystical Spirit
  • Options

I know nothing about horse racing but been given a tip for the 2:30 at lingfield - Mystical Spirit

Cheers for sharing, on it!
  • Options
    Always like a tip on a debut horse! Where's the tip come from mate?
  • Options
    Just someone at work. He's been saying he's waiting for a tip on a horse for a couple of weeks and finally came with it today. Said they've been waiting for the right race or something. Honestly that's about all I got. I stick to football betting and I'm not much good at that. I've only gone £5 each way myself.
  • Options

Just someone at work. He's been saying he's waiting for a tip on a horse for a couple of weeks and finally came with it today. Said they've been waiting for the right race or something. Honestly that's about all I got. I stick to football betting and I'm not much good at that. I've only gone £5 each way myself.

Nice run but aided my bet on the jolly. One to keep an eye on. Big horse.
  • Options
    They backed it down to 4/1 and it ran a very promising race to finish 2nd to the fav.
    Decent tip.
  • Options
    Was unlucky that! Got on it each way for a small profit, cheers fella.
  • Options
    I didn't see that race but Martyn Meade is one to keep the right side on.
    Towards the back end of the last flat season, I backed his horses blind, particularly his 2 year olds, and made quite a few quid, including a 50-1 winner.
  • Options
    Glad it didnt end up being a donkey. Think I made the grand sum of £2 profit on my each way bet :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn't see that race but Martyn Meade is one to keep the right side on.
    Towards the back end of the last flat season, I backed his horses blind, particularly his 2 year olds, and made quite a few quid, including a 50-1 winner.

Good advice. I latched onto him backend of last flat season and backed Irish Rookie too ;-)

• Options
    Martyn Meade has Glen Moss in the Listed race at Lingfield (1.45). More of a 7f horse, if they do go a good clip it might run into a place. Currently 12/1 available.
  • Options
    Gwencilly berbas in the 1:05 to beat the favorite they like getting turnt over in this race
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Gwencilly berbas in the 1:05 to beat the favorite they like getting turnt over in this race

Great shout
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Great shout
    Very impressive tipping.

• Options

Martyn Meade has Glen Moss in the Listed race at Lingfield (1.45). More of a 7f horse, if they do go a good clip it might run into a place. Currently 12/1 available.

AA..Well done, seems like Mr Meade is finding form just before the flat season !
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Don't know about talking to the Trust. Roland should get chatting pronto to smiffy and AA - improve his "exceptional items" no end :smiley:

Well done chaps.
  • Options
    Thanks fellas #goodtimes #roomview
  • Options
    2:50 naas Bishops road
    4:20 naas Festive felon

Both have entries at Cheltenham
  • Options
    Piss off out now burgers for you