Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The White Horse, Woolwich Road

2»

Comments

• Options
    Burger and chips in a pub = £7.50
    Burger and chips in a Bar and Bistro = £19.95
  • Options
    £6.95 for small slice of Cheese Cake on the lower road Charlton. “good luck with that “.
    Wasn't worth it at all.   It was dry and tasteless and there was a pube on the plate.
  • Options
    Really, they're going for those kinda "riverside" price range!? 
  • Options
    Some years back, did a fella called Tommy Devine used to be the landlord?
  • Options
    Not sure it's the right location for that sort of place, but good luck to them. 

The use of Latin on the website is a particularly nice touch which I;m sure will go down well with the locals!

• Options
    To be fair, the prices look right. Burger £9.95, Fish and Chips £9.95, Ribeye £15. All cooked by their "list of international chefs." 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The use of Latin on the website is a particularly nice touch which I;m sure will go down well with the locals!

I've got a feeling they haven't updated the 'placeholder' text on the website template :)
  • Options
    I'm loving this. Website says they are "in the heart of Charlton." I have yet to check but am pretty sure they are bang on the boundary with Woolwich. I feel compelled to go as I have been moaning for years about the lack.of places to eat and drink in the heart of Charlton.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Was this the pub Mike Bailey ran for a while? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Was this the pub Mike Bailey ran for a while? 
    Yes with another bloke called Ken Hunt
  • Options
    Some years back, did a fella called Tommy Devine used to be the landlord?
    Think he may have had the greyhound.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    To be fair, the prices look right. Burger £9.95, Fish and Chips £9.95, Ribeye £15. All cooked by their "list of international chefs." 
    Glad you clarified the actual prices.

Bit naughty of @i_b_b_o_r_g to post fake prices up for a newly opened local business. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Glad you clarified the actual prices.

Bit naughty of @i_b_b_o_r_g to post fake prices up for a newly opened local business. 
    You genuinely accusing me of posting fake information and calling me out for it?

Agree it was a bit over cynical, but it was meant more in regards to the way some boozer reinvent themselves to whack on another 50% to their prices.

It weren't aimed at that particular business and I wish them all the very best

@mendonca
  • Options
    Nice one and completely agree :) No calling out, maybe a pint in there one day will do! 
  • Options
    I knew Ibborg was just having a laugh but wanted to double-check, just in case because it wouldn't have completely surprised me. 
  • Options
    As some have mentioned, there is a great deal of redevelopment in the pipeline but it would take a genious not yet born to make the Woolwich Road attractive to the eye.
  • Options
    To be fair, I remember a lot of people being rather confused when Phil sold the Valley pub and bought the Pilot in the middle of nowhere. Makes you wonder if any knowledge of possible development is the reason of this investment. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    To be fair, I remember a lot of people being rather confused when Phil sold the Valley pub and bought the Pilot in the middle of nowhere. Makes you wonder if any knowledge of possible development is the reason of this investment. 🤷‍♂️
    Yep he made a lot of money ...
  • Options
    Lol, just stumbled across this. If I wanted to define gentrification, I'd show a 'before' and 'after' shot of this establishment