Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The White Horse, Woolwich Road

Does anyone go there before a game? Sounds like it might be in danger, which would be a shame with the Horse & Groom having gone a few years back.

http://fromthemurkydepths.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/eye-opening-plan-to-demolish-victorian-pub-in-woolwichcharlton/
«1

Comments

  • edited July 2014
    Clancys is the one for me. Proper Charlton pub. http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/clancys-review-32593.html
  • Vincenzo said:

    Does anyone go there before a game? Sounds like it might be in danger, which would be a shame with the Horse & Groom having gone a few years back.

    http://fromthemurkydepths.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/eye-opening-plan-to-demolish-victorian-pub-in-woolwichcharlton/

    Millwall Pub
  • shirty5 said:

    Vincenzo said:

    Does anyone go there before a game? Sounds like it might be in danger, which would be a shame with the Horse & Groom having gone a few years back.

    http://fromthemurkydepths.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/eye-opening-plan-to-demolish-victorian-pub-in-woolwichcharlton/

    Millwall Pub
    until A block make it theirs.
  • edited July 2014
    Millwall pub ! What ! Didn't Duncan once run the place (god bless him).

    Sure I remover drinking in there and Duncan being the guvnor, .
  • Yes, we've been going there, as of last season. I can't say I'm surprised, as there's only about a dozen customers pre match, if you don't include our troop.
  • Duncan ran it for awhile many moons ago and Deano was behind the bar.
  • Didn't Mike Bailey run it for a while after he left the Valley Club ?
  • yes he did
  • thought its run by a Millwall fella and that's where they've all been going before playing us last couple of years?

    Only been in there once, after the Ipswich play-off home game
  • thought its run by a Millwall fella and that's where they've all been going before playing us last couple of years?

    Only been in there once, after the Ipswich play-off home game

    The Angerstein (or the pit as most locals call it) is a scumwall pub. It's Millwank fans only in there when they play at our place (if the OB let them open it that is).
  • Sponsored links:


  • I thought the White Horse was as well.
  • Read the title and was expecting to read it's been turned into a church....
  • Read the title and was expecting to read it's been turned into a church....

    I bet it would score more goals.
  • AFKA's right - definitely run by a Millwall fan and has been full of them the last couple of times we've played them at the Valley
  • So that will be the Millwall pub that had the Charlton player photos round the bar when Patsy ran it
  • Am I a wimp if this place terrifies me a little every time I walk past it? I have no other fears
  • Leuth said:

    Am I a wimp if this place terrifies me a little every time I walk past it? I have no other fears

    book in for b&b and face your fears.
  • Leuth said:

    Am I a wimp if this place terrifies me a little every time I walk past it? I have no other fears

    book in for b&b and face your fears.
    I read the reviews once and almost booked my ex boss in there as he was to tight to pay for 02 hotel, wish I had now. ;)

  • Leuth said:

    Am I a wimp if this place terrifies me a little every time I walk past it? I have no other fears

    book in for b&b and face your fears.
    I had to go into the B&B several weeks ago to see some one my God what a place!! Never ever again....thank God i was being paid to go into the place.
  • You on the game Kev ?

    :-)
  • Sponsored links:


  • Woolwich isn't an area for pubs anymore times have changed
  • F**k me the Tripadvisor reviews confirm every prejudiced suspicion I've ever had about this place :D
  • Crusty54 said:

    So that will be the Millwall pub that had the Charlton player photos round the bar when Patsy ran it

    Ha ha. I know what you mean.
  • Presumably Patsy doesn't run it now and it is now a millwall pub. They have all been drinking in there before games against us recently.
  • Good luck to them. Not sure the Lower Rd is the place for a Bistro but looks like they’ve done a decently job
  • I wonder if the bloke selling knocked off clobber still goes in there every day.

    The last time we were in there a few years ago, a bloke in his 70's with a broken arm, had a go at someone who he said was looking at him (he wasn't).
    He told him a number of times, to come outside to sort it out.
  • Perhaps an astute move. Massive regeneration down there albeit across the busy road but nonetheless a lot of dwellings are coming. If they can survive Covid and perhaps another couple of years while the houses and flats are built then it might turn out to be very popular. 
  • Good news, that’s better then closing down. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!