Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

False widow spiders

Comments

• If one of those comes anywhere near me its getting stamped on.
  • The one in my picture quite swiftly did.
  • Derek1952 said:

I was told by my Grandmother so probably an old wives tail,that if one heard a Ticking Spider in the house it meant some one was going to die soon.

What's a ticking spider?
  • RedMist said:

Derek1952 said:

I was told by my Grandmother so probably an old wives tail,that if one heard a Ticking Spider in the house it meant some one was going to die soon.

What's a ticking spider?
    A spider, which is ticking. You're very welcome. ;)
  • RedMist said:

Derek1952 said:

What's a ticking spider?
    Is it the Welsh version of fecking spider? ;-)

• do spiders tend to have very noisy wristwatches then?
  • thenewbie said:

RedMist said:

do spiders tend to have very noisy wristwatches then?

No, but they wear eight at once. It all adds up...
    Damn you you stole my punchline!!!
  • Derek1952 said:

I think she mean't bomb.
  • RedMist said:

thenewbie said:

RedMist said:

do spiders tend to have very noisy wristwatches then?

No, but they wear eight at once. It all adds up...
    Damn you you stole my punchline!!!
    Ooooops... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I had a little Steatoda nobilis in the bedroom last night. What a beauty!

• Ha ha, the other half a leg is there, it's just tucked under.
  • Stig said:

Ha ha, the other half a leg is there, it's just tucked under.

Probably concealing a shiv of some sort
  • I've had about 15 of these things on my balcony/outside my windows (slowly moving inside)

Hard to kill the buggers...
  • Just done more research. They were actually harmless silver side sector spiders.

What have I done :-O
  • Huskaris said:

Just done more research. They were actually harmless silver side sector spiders.

What have I done :-O

There's too many spiders in general these days. I know it's the time of year, but about 3 weeks ago, there was one in my bath in the morning, one on the stairs when I got home, and about 5 mins later when I was ironing my shirt, another little bugger just runs across the landing hall and under the spare bed. 3 in my house in one day is disproportionate I feel. Roll on a cold October I hope
  • It is on that cold October day that they will all move inside.......
  • It is on that cold October day that they will all move inside.......

They're already moving inside. Isn't October the time of year they all die out?
  • Just wait until the Real Widow Spiders turn up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yet another one. Bathroom floor, just now! My fault for wishing for October and them to all die out.
  • cabbles said:

It is on that cold October day that they will all move inside.......

No, it's the time they PRETEND to be dying out, when all the while they have crept into your house, watching, waiting... scheming.
  • thenewbie said:

cabbles said:

It is on that cold October day that they will all move inside.......

No, it's the time they PRETEND to be dying out, when all the while they have crept into your house, watching, waiting... scheming.
    http://www.wonderpediamagazine.co.uk/nature/why-are-there-so-many-spiders-my-house-autumn

Can't we just build them warm huts outside to do their business
  • Dyson at the ready. The satisfaction of sucking spiders up in a Dyson and then counting the pieces through the Perspex container.
  • prefer a tin of Silvikrin and a lighter
  • Lynx and a lighter smells good whilst burning them or burglars eye balls
  • Lynx and a lighter smells good whilst burning them or burglars eye balls

Lynx Oriental

FACT

• My wife has to kill them as i admit it im scares of spiders. We normally get 2 big 1s this time of year but 5 this year ... people say put them outside but why would i do that when he will bowl back in my house the next day and eye ball me again so i nearly sh1t my self again like bill murry in ground hog day .. thats torture ....kill 1 less to worry about is my thought because im too scared to sit on my new 40 rug incase one and they can bitr my ass.... so squash them

Deccy
  • Not really seen many this past year or so since we got the cats. Any we do see we have to get to first or its curtains !