Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A player on a season long loan from West Ham United ?

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I heard a rumour that the loan player will be "undisclosed".

Or Charltonised.
  • Options

Bearing in mind that I know feck all and couldn't name more than a couple of current players at the Boleyn, a 'keeper with experience of the Prem/Champs sounds like a decent shout.

Most on here feel we need a "more mature" stopper in the squad to complement Nick Pope next season so maybe the Irons' 3rd string guy could be the answer ?

Not sure though how seriously_red, Prague, Airman etc would view the Poyet deal should this rumour of a middling six figure fee plus a 'keeper be confirmed.

M. Duchatelet has the cash and connections to land the right players to give his choice of head coach a chance to make progress. (note Riga linked to Deportivo today) As you have asked in such a polite way, I would suggest that if we can pick a West Ham player on loan worth £1M + to fill one of the gaps in our squad then that is the priority for I want to see us top half of the championship ASAP and beating Brentford (a) is all that matters to me.
    Poyet is gone! If he comes back on loan great. Not ITK but my understanding of how it works leads me to suspect that the reason that Poyet is the only u23 not to sign a long term deal is that he was tapped up a long, long time ago. If true and there is evidence then the club can leverage this to improve the deal and our chances next season.
    For all my banging on about FFP that isn't the be all and end all! The final fee for Poyet is just a little dot and a few numbers! What matters is that we retain the vast majority of decent players who grow older and improve with additional strength and experience. Without a shadow of a doubt, our retained players are so much better than this time last year - they have proved themselves in the the run in and now have the chance to really step up. 12 months ago Solly was our most valuable player before Sordell arrived on loan... In a month he might be in the top 5 and not because his value has dropped. Quite simply M. Duchatelet has started to add several players worth between 700k and £2.5m in loan and purchases and one or two from the Boleyn will surely help us jump from 18th to 10th - 14th next season.
    So if West Ham have a player or two who can add to the spine of our team then bring it on says I.
  • Options
    I would be over the moon if we got Morrison on loan
  • Options

I would be over the moon if we got Morrison on loan

But it won't happen
  • Options
    Get real people, none of the West Ham senior pros are going to want to come to Charlton, the idea we would get Matt Jarvis is laughable.

If we get anyone it will probably be a young goalkeeper or maybe defender from their youth system.
  • Options
    Agreeing a deal for Poyet without substantial add-ons for appearances, international honours and a significant sell-on fee (20% - 25%) seems absolutely inconceivable, given previous tribunal decisions. I think we have to have a bit more faith in the Board and people like Chris Parkes and Keith Peacock, all of whom will be well aware of the range of outcomes if we took the issue to a tribunal. A determination would probably have been made in August and we're also happily no longer in a position where paying the wages over the summer is a real issue.

A season long loan from the Happy Hammers leaves me luke warm - it's usually better to have the money. They may well have some players who could do a job outside their first team squad but the sides they turned out in the Cup competitions last year didn't look particularly impressive.
  • Options
    Diego back?
  • Options
    Vaz Te would be good
  • Options

Get real people, none of the West Ham senior pros are going to want to come to Charlton, the idea we would get Matt Jarvis is laughable.

If we get anyone it will probably be a young goalkeeper or maybe defender from their youth system.

This - can't see how this would work - unless the player is agreed and agrees up front!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vaz Te would be the only one i would take
  • Options
    It won't be a first team player. It'll a youth player who isn't good enough for our first team. Just a guess by the way.
  • Options
    "take" dont you mean given ? assuming that they will drop down a division---when or IF this happens it will only be after WHU declares their squad for the season ---- then the left overs decide who they want to go on loan to.
  • Options
    We will never get any of the big names above.....it'll be a young player. When have we ever had exciting loans (barring Costa), or got anything out of selling a young player to a bigger club? Jenkinson or Shelvey got us nothing in return!
  • Options

"take" dont you mean given ? assuming that they will drop down a division---when or IF this happens it will only be after WHU declares their squad for the season ---- then the left overs decide who they want to go on loan to.

No i mean take - To accept and place under one's care or keeping - Really dont care to be honest about any West Ham players - boring club, boring fans imo.
  • Options
    As I understand it Gold and Sullivan want Big Sam to play more expansive, exciting football this season, ball on floor stuff. We want a big target man for Igor to play off. Therefore, Andy Carroll on loan to us, West Ham fronting all his wages.
  • Options
    I can tell you nothing has been decided by West Ham, but Charlton have asked the question and it is being considered.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I can tell you nothing has been decided by West Ham, but Charlton have asked the question and it is being considered.

Is that FACT! ......... or by looking into your crystal ball?

;o)
  • Options
    If it's a current member of their 1st team squad then they are likely to be on minimum of 15k a week, so if WHU pay their wages on a loan move then that alone is worth 900k.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

masicat said:

Is that FACT! ......... or by looking into your crystal ball?

;o)
    It's a fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Masicat never wrong!

;o)
  • Options
    masicat said:

Interesting Masicat. Do you know if we've asked about a specific player, or just the basic principle?

• Options
    Paddy7 said:

masicat said:

Interesting Masicat. Do you know if we've asked about a specific player, or just the basic principle?

I will ask but can't guarantee an answer.
  • Options
    Thanks, understood.
  • Options
    Maybe Bonzo's coming out of retirement?
  • Options
    If I were having to negotiate the West Ham/Diego deal from where we find ourselves I would certainly accept a much lower initial payment in return for a bigger slice of any sell on.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Paddy7 said:

masicat said:

My info is different. No mention of a player as part of the deal. My source could be wrong, but really ought to know. Maybe he didn't mention it because it is not an important part of the deal, which, if so, would imply a low profile player.

• Options

masicat said:

Paddy7 said:

masicat said:

My info is different. No mention of a player as part of the deal. My source could be wrong, but really ought to know. Maybe he didn't mention it because it is not an important part of the deal, which, if so, would imply a low profile player.

I'm sure RM must know what the deal includes, if not how could anyone else?

• Options

masicat said:

Paddy7 said:

masicat said:

I'm sure RM must know what the deal includes, if not how could anyone else?

I fear that as a non-exec chairman he may not know everything any more. Certainly he is no longer a decision maker, and he isn't pretending otherwise. If they wanted to keep something from him they could. However I don't think this is such a case.

And I think the club has done the best it could, and the deal is as good as anyone in our position could "negotiate". Quite how anyone can negotiate in this situation eludes me.

• Options
    I suppose you negotiate around the perameters of what the best and worst outcome could be from a tribunal. I doubt you negotiate around the integrity of a club like West Ham who put as much effort into nicking players as creating their own nowadays.