Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Philips Stayen Cup photos

Comments

• Options
    11 on the goal-line
  • Options
    What a nice gentlemen
  • Options
    We'll stop singing in a minute Bob!
  • Options
    I said: we'll stop singing!!
  • Options
    At long last..... proof. 6 clubs, but what one is the Ace? The signatures give it away.
  • Options

What a nice gentlemen

Spot the Seb... a funner version of Where's Wally!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    A few pics from the weekend with Live by the Sword, Addickted and Henry, a worthwhile trip, good company, football, beer, being located in the most bizzare red light area and following the Mons retreat on the way home, tunnel chaos meant a switch the ferry but look forward to next year's trip "we are Stayen Cup,said we are Stayen Cup!"
  • Options
    Great pics.

Ps. No names please, unless you know they don't mind.
  • Options
    Its the Valley Cup next year.

..perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great pics.

Ps. No names please, unless you know they don't mind.

I'll ask Roland Douchalet Bill Smith if he's okay with being named................
  • Options
    Making it with the locals!
    077.jpg 974.8K
  • Options
    Celebrating winning the cup!!!
    082.jpg 648.1K
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Red7Oak said:

fk me Orvils put on a few lbs, and changed colour.. :)

• Options
    Testing the pitch
  • Options
    So how many Charlton were there and how many attended overall ?

Looks like about 20 Charlton and a few hundred in total.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In the very first pic is L** ok or has it all gone a bit 'Weekend At Bernie's'?!?

Edited after I read the no-names request.
  • Options
    One thing I have learned today is that we are a really ugly looking fan base (myself included)
  • Options

Katrien on Sunday

She's gorgeous.....and the dark haired girl isn't too bad either :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One thing I have learned today is that we are a really ugly looking fan base (myself included)

After six pints of the Brun Beer from the brewery (9.2%) everyone appeared good looking

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Not happy , Katrien has got what looks like an engagement ring on

Not that I'm bothered or anything , congratulations and all that , through gritted teeth

*stalker alert*
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

The guy with the standard fan sign sits in the row in front of me. Passionate guy, legend

Same guy has had his 'permission denied' on Charlton Life but he has no idea why and when he asks no one has the decency to respond. User name C4FC4L1F3. He thinks he has been confused with someone with a similar name! Dont suppose any one in charge can explain?
  • Options
    razil said:

Red7Oak said:

fk me Orvils put on a few lbs, and changed colour.. :)

You'd comfort eat if you had someone shoving their hand up your ass all day too mate!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

The fire safety officer shortly after we found an unguard entrance

You can see the transformation from the Southend/Brentford style stand on the left to the modern four tier stand on the right.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Another one of the new stand that was the aim of the open day. Business suite at the top, skyboxes that double as hotel bedrooms on the third, press lounge on the second and main stand on the first with huge open lounge area behind.

Personally I think that they could have pushed the boat out a bit more for the opening. No food other than in the restuarant on the other side where Roland was ensconced all afternoon with various people including KM. Did have a very brief chat with him.

But no football or other activities for families and kids.

They do operate a token system for buying drinks which might work well as the Valley. Would certainly speed up sales when people got used to it.

• Options
    Inside the new stand there is a large and impressive gym. This pool is attached but also backs onto the dressing rooms so maybe available to players on match days.image

A few Addicks saying "If Roland built us something similar at the Valley they'd be very happy" but the ground is on the edge of a small town so planning and access a lot different. Still a good facility for a relatively small club.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good idea that. Boxes that double as bedrooms.
    If the game's no good you can have a shag/nap as appropriate.
  • Options
    Essential fashion items for the weekend.

A museum badge identical to those now owned by Roland and KM and the even more exclusive Battle Honours badge given to those that went on the private WW1 tour (we did parts of the retreat from Mons in 1914) with SG3toSE7.

Excellent days only marred by the Eurotunnel breakdown meaning we had to get a ferry home.