Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club Statement on restructuring, redundancies, KM now CEO

Comments

• Delaware North will supply public areas if they follow their business model they've used elsewhere in England
  • Delaware do the catering for Wembley & The Emirates, so they won't be cheap.

Don't know but someone at the Club believes it will be cheaper/more efficient than the salary costs of the staff made redundant.

Should also say congratulations to KM on her new role although she has effectively been in that role since joining IMHO
    Davo55 said:

Good statement, though a week or so earlier would have been better.

Does that mean Bradshaw is out?

Would seem so.

I heard a few weeks ago that he was going
  • Delaware North are recruiting - looks like both kiosks and hospitality. (Close call on the reference, there...)

New Season Match Day Hospitality & Catering Staff Opportunities - Charlton Athletic

Job Title: Concessions
    Date Posted: 11 Jun 2014
    Vacancy Type: Casual
    Reference: CRAT

Charlton Athletic are preparing to hit the new Championship Season with a bang. As the team rest and the nation sits back and enjoys the excitement of the World Cup in Brazil at Delaware North we are busy working behind the scenes to prepare for the new season at The Valley.

We are searching enthusiastic people to join us for what is expected to be a fantastic season at The Valley and we are not just talking about the action on the pitch we also mean off the pitch within the hospitality and catering areas within the stadium.

Delaware North pride themselves on delivering memorable experiences and part of achieving this is by delivering a fabulous service each and every day and we can only do this by recruiting remarkable people.

Roles include:
    Concessions Assistants - working within one of our fast paced kiosks
    Bar Person - based within one of our bars
    Hospitality Waiting Staff - located within one of the restaurants or boxes
    Hospitality Managers - for bars and restaurants (previous experience required)

The ideal candidate does not have to have previous experience from within the hospitality industry but they must have a passion to deliver fabulous customer service and be willing to learn new skills which will be taught at one of our training sessions to ensure you can succeed in delivering a first class service to each and every guest.

You would be required to work evening and weekend matches in accordance to the Charlton FC home fixture list. There are also other opportunities to work weekly within our conference and banqueting team outside of our match day operation as well as opportunities to work at Wembley and Emirates Stadia which are our other London sites.

A great pay rate will be paid depending on experience starting from £7.07 per hour
  • seth plum said:

Re the catering, to play an old tune here, I would bet that it will be absolutely chite for vegetarians as it always is.

Just have some beef. Job done.

• "A great pay rate will be paid depending on experience starting from £7.07 per hour"

So more than the minimum wage (£6.50) but less than the living London wage (£8.80)
  • Rothko said:

Delaware North will supply public areas if they follow their business model they've used elsewhere in England

Just as well...they won't make any money serving in non-public areas!!! ;-)

• "A great pay rate will be paid depending on experience starting from £7.07 per hour"

So more than the minimum wage (£6.50) but less than the living London wage (£8.80)

Also slighlty perturbing that they are "searching enthusiastic people" - full strip search, do you think?

I would imagine that the living wage is based on full time employment? Therefore a couple of hours every other week would be seen as 'pocket money' for some locals / UoG students
  • I'm glad Paul finally got a mention thanks to KM for that, I only wish that the way they went about things was a little better.
  • I'm glad Paul finally got a mention thanks to KM for that, I only wish that the way they went about things was a little better.

Shooting after the horse has bolted methinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Re the catering, to play an old tune here, I would bet that it will be absolutely chite for vegetarians as it always is.

Could it be the "Frankie Boyle" approach?
    As in "There is a vegetarian option - you can f*** off".

Have to say although I'm a carnivore by preference a lot of the veggie options that get served up via caterers really are chite - don't disagree with you at all. It's not exactly difficult to come up with something tasty, original and meat free either.

Hoping (in the nicest possible way) that you get proved wrong, Seth.
  • Ben Kensell's idea ?
  • seth plum said:

You don't win friends with salad
  • Aren't chips the vegetarian option?
  • Ben Kensell's idea ?

Would think so being an Arsenal fan that has probably visited Wembley too..
  • Wishing I was local to the Valley so I could apply for a role. Would love to be involved at the club, even if it's cooking the plastic dogs.
  • edited July 2014
    Addickted said:

So Bradshaw the Chief Operating Officer is now no longer operating and has been replaced by KM as CEO?

If so then why didn't the Club just say so?

I hope Airman has had the Champagne chilling.

He hasn't been at the club long enough to be made redundant, so presumably they are making him work his notice. I believe the staff have already organised the leaving party - they're just not inviting him.

For the record, I've never met Bradshaw or had any dealings with him, so it's nothing personal on my part. But I know a lot of people who have had to deal with him.

Bradshaw was never chief executive and in theory was on the same level as Ben Kensell and David Joyes. Part of the problem has been that Prothero was, famously, part-time, based in Cheshire, and on top of that wasn't interested in being CEO, so this trio weren't effectively overseen until KM arrived.

I don't blame the other two, I assume they have done their best. Other former colleagues may take a different view and be better placed to do so. But I think Bradshaw has been a disaster and contributed significantly to a number of the (unplanned) staff departures in 2013.

I understand Katrien is implementing a flat management structure - and flattening Prothero's set-up is probably the best thing you can do with it.
  • Addickted said:

So Bradshaw the Chief Operating Officer is now no longer operating and has been replaced by KM as CEO?

If so then why didn't the Club just say so?

I hope Airman has had the Champagne chilling.

I understand Katrien is implementing a fiat management structure - and flattening Prothero's set-up is probably the best thing you can do with it.

Please tell me she's not planning a jogging track on the West Stand roof?
  • edited June 2014

I understand Katrien is implementing a fiat management structure - and flattening Prothero's set-up is probably the best thing you can do with it.

Punto-ing them out the back door?

• I understand Katrien is implementing a fiat management structure - and flattening Prothero's set-up is probably the best thing you can do with it.

They've run their Corsa.
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand Katrien is implementing a fiat management structure - and flattening Prothero's set-up is probably the best thing you can do with it.

She's a strong woman - she won't Panda to their needs

• edited June 2014
    Could there be a hidden Argenta?
  • Actually that might be an apt word, but for RD rather than KM?

fi·at
    noun
    an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat. Synonyms: authorization, directive, ruling, mandate, diktat, ukase.
    a fixed form of words containing the word fiat, by which a person in authority gives sanction, or authorization.
    an arbitrary decree or pronouncement, especially by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it: The king ruled by fiat.
  • You don't go a day without learning something on here :)
  • Swisdom said:

She's a strong woman - she won't Panda to their needs

Definitely - as new CEO there's no question that she's numero Uno now.
  • Could there be a hidden Argenta?

I feared the worst for this thread when the puns started up, but this is a marvellous effort.

I feared the worst for this thread when the puns started up, but this is a marvellous effort.
    Indeed. Bravo to that one!

There will be another 500 puns now...

There will be another 500 puns now...
    Multipla'd by 100 probably.
  • Interested in this - a shorter hierarchy might actually see feedback from the fans filter up, and she's shown herself to be interested in what we have to say at least :)