Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Ellis left club today

Comments

• Can you tell me where Paul is having a go at the owners? After a previous thread which prematurely announced his departure he felt it equitable to advise this site it has now happened, please get your facts right.
  • Alright calm yourself, I probably worded that comment wrong. I just mean some posters are using this to have a go at the club when personally I think that's unfair.
  • Ok can we keep this to well wishes please. Paul wishes the club no ill feelings.
  • No I agree, apologies I didn't mean it as a dig at Paul
  • All the best
  • Top man Paul. There are few who could rival his dedication to the club over so many years.
    He deserves at least a page in the programme and of course something on the os.
  • Another who gave years of devotion to Charlton booted out. So sad, there won't be any of the "old" staff left. All the very best to Paul for the future, and hope he will still be around on matchdays like Paddy says he will be.
  • Happy to be able to say that Paul will be helping out with the Museum

Great news that Paul will still be able to continue contributing to our great club and his wealth of experience and knowledge of all things Addicks is being put to good use.

Best wishes for the future Paul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who has travelled away or has queued for tickets at The Valley ticket office will have seen and recognised Paul over the years. Amazing dedication to Charlton, which is obviously a huge part of his life. Glad he's going to be involved with the Museum, an ideal role with his memories and knowledge, and wish him all the best for the future.
  • ...He sells and deals in vintage programmes...

Sadie, would it have been Paul that used to have a little programme stall in the corner of the club shop in the days when we had a proper club shop and not just a branch of Hollister?
  • Stig said:

...He sells and deals in vintage programmes...

Sadie, would it have been Paul that used to have a little programme stall in the corner of the club shop in the days when we had a proper club shop and not just a branch of Hollister?
    Yes it was :-)

• Best wishes Paul, a true Charlton stalwart.

Do we know who else was made redundant yesterday?
  • Best wishes for the future Paul.
  • Had contact with Paul during my collecting days. Top top fella always available and obliging to help. Good luck in whatever you do and keep well.
  • Another top person gone.

Good luck Paul
  • All the best to Paul. Good man.
  • Used to see him in the Club shop and bought the odd programme over the years.

Good luck for the future.
  • Good luck also to any others that have lost their positions in addition to Paul.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't know Paul personally but have dealt with him countless times in the past travelling around the country following the Addicks.

A proper, true, Charlton legend. All the best mate.
  • good luck paul hope all gos well for you my friend
  • Paul if you are reading this - good luck mate I was "only" at the valley for ten years and for all of those years you were a pleasure to work with. Good luck also to the other long serving staff that have left recently or are leaving soon out of respect for your privacy I won't put your names in the public domain. All the best Paul Ellison
  • Good luck Paul. Another little bit of Charlton chipped away. I hope you and the rest of the redundants can move on to other roles outside the club.
  • It's the involvement of supporters like Paul that used to make Charlton a special club. I'm pleased that Paul is staying involved through the museum. Good luck in the next chapter of your life Paul.
  • Paul, a BIG thank you for all your help sourcing and sending out back issue Valley Review programs...very much appreciated!! Wishing you all the very best ahead...Charlton through and through!!
  • Top man Paul, Charlton to the core.

Best of luck to him.

No soul at The Valley anymore.