Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters confident of decent season if he lands all of his transfer targets

13»

Comments

• Options

Fanny - was Rhoys training? What did he say about his injury?

Was about to ask the same question. He should be back and recovered fully by now but I hadn't heard confirmation. This would be great news and was what jumped out at me from that post
  • Options
    braydex said:

I fail to see how he can say this? He is on Sky today saying that 'youth' will be given a chance, before he dips into the transfer market. Does he think that all his 'targets' are going to wait for him to sign them? Year after year, we fail to get out of the starting blocks early, with regards to transfers. This either means we end up signing out of desperation, or because the club feel obliged to get some new faces in to appease fans. It also means the squad has less time to gel and get used to playing together. The whole 'youth' comments just makes me think that RD/BP are just trying to get a half decent squad together on the cheap with the aim of surviving again? Is it just me or do others think this? Personally, if the club DO have transfer targets, why not target them at the earliest opportunity? If they are a target for Charlton, i'm sure they will be a target for other clubs?

Lots of players only officially became free agents yesterday. Lets give it a week before stressing too much

• Options
    Oh I see, I thought it was 1st June, not 1st July....that might explain part of it then. thanks.
  • Options
    braydex said:

Oh I see, I thought it was 1st June, not 1st July....that might explain part of it then. thanks.

Look at it this way... Mouassa became 'officially' available yesterday. He signed today. I think speed is most likely of the essence where the board is concerned, let alone Big Bob.

• Options

Was at SL this morning for the weekly mowing & watering & the players were already out training when we arrived...at least 15-30mins earlier than last season.

They were using the pitch furthest away from the Memorial Garden ( b*m!) and whilst we're DEF not there to watch/earwig or whatever else some from the Dark Side might imagine, it was apparent that it was a very full on session....plenty of shouting/clapping etc and seemingly few drinks' breaks even though the sun was beating down.

Rhoys came over as the lads made their way back into the changing rooms & we had a chat, mainly about holidays & how we are both relishing the up coming season. He said the 2 new players are integrating well & speak good English and in general was very upbeat as usual. Sounds as though that team spirit is definitely alive & kicking again !

Yes, totally involved.

I asked about his injury & he said he's fine now.

Looked really well......but then he recently got married !

• Options

Was at SL this morning for the weekly mowing & watering & the players were already out training when we arrived...at least 15-30mins earlier than last season.

They were using the pitch furthest away from the Memorial Garden ( b*m!) and whilst we're DEF not there to watch/earwig or whatever else some from the Dark Side might imagine, it was apparent that it was a very full on session....plenty of shouting/clapping etc and seemingly few drinks' breaks even though the sun was beating down.

Rhoys came over as the lads made their way back into the changing rooms & we had a chat, mainly about holidays & how we are both relishing the up coming season. He said the 2 new players are integrating well & speak good English and in general was very upbeat as usual. Sounds as though that team spirit is definitely alive & kicking again !

Yes, totally involved.

I asked about his injury & he said he's fine now.

Looked really well......but then he recently got married !

Yes, but despite that, he still looked happy. Amazing :-)
  • Options
    braydex said:

Also, I believe that the players are still paid by their 'club' for an additional month if they have not found another team even if they leave as a free agent
  • Options

FF - was Solly in full training mode, and thanks for the info.
  • Options

FF - was Solly in full training mode, and thanks for the info.
    My pleasure, Lancs.

CS walked up to the training group on his own around 30mins after we arrived. Didn't follow what happened then but assume he was either doing some individual, prolonged warming up inside first or that his training plan makes allowances or his "problem".

Or he could have just slept through his alarm...

• Options
    thanks FF, also meant to say thanks for your work on the garden, it looked so sad last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thanks FF, also meant to say thanks for your work on the garden, it looked so sad last year

Once again, it's my pleasure, Lancs.

I really wish you could see the garden in person & am hoping the Comms Team use it as a backdrop for player photos/interviews soon.

Believe me , I'm not one to blow my own trumpet but our hard work in spite of the "flood" has paid off & at the minute the 2 beds are full of colour. Sods law that when anyone of note makes a visit, the perennials will have "gone over" .....but that's gardening for you !