Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

i wonder where bradley pritchard will end up?

Comments

• Options
    The thing is, even when we were thin in midfield, when Poyet, Jackson and Cousins were looking leggy with all the games we were having to play, Pritchard was still completely out of the picture, it was all very strange
  • Options
    As stated before, lovely,lovely fella.
    (Just thought i'd say it again !)
  • Options
    Part of his downfall was our shocking pitch that his small stature struggled to cope with.
  • Options

Part of his downfall was our shocking pitch that his small stature struggled to cope with.

I heard that the last time he played 18 holes of Golf, he fell in 9 of them!
  • Options
    Should have no problem finding a decent League One Club, intellectual player and based in the right team with the right style of football he can be a little machine. Can imagine him being no fun to play against, always running
  • Options
    Orient would be a perfect club for him, fingers crossed as (as above) have been told from a few different sources he's a genuinely lovely guy.
  • Options
    Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason.

Think he could end up non league as he may well be seen by managers as someone who got lucky for a season and then got found out.

They could reason that if he is of good enough quality he would have spotted earlier in his career.

Not what I want to happen obviously but indo fear it is true.
  • Options
    Brentford? Wouldn't let them down.
  • Options
    It's a pivotal season. His progress was incredible. He'd come from out of football to doing well in the championship in no time. In some ways it's more remarkable than a 16 yo doing the same. Last year was the first one that wasn't pure up and up. His confidence suffered, he lost his mentor then his contract. If he can come back from that and start improving again he's definitely got the endeavour to play at championship level, but he could go through the trap door too. Tough business really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Orient would be a perfect club for him, fingers crossed as (as above) have been told from a few different sources he's a genuinely lovely guy.

Agree with this. A good replacement for Vincelot should we or anyone else sign him.
  • Options
    with the paucity of proven talent in the squad before last week (and it's still far from full) I thought there was a good chance he'd get himself an offer from Charlton especially if they let him do pre-season at sparrows lane but with 2 midfielders signed that chance has withered
    Wherever Dyer and/or Powell work next will be a good bet
    Wish him luck where/whatever he does next, his enthusiasm and commitment outshone many of his colleagues over the last 2 years.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Essex_Al said:

James Masters ‏@Masters_JamesD · 9h
    Heard that #lofc will complete the signing of former #cafc midfielder Bradley Pritchard on a free transfer tomorrow

Orient is an ideal move for Bradley, good luck to him.

Brilliant news for Bradley... Having him in their team could be what they were missing (i.e. a right workhorse) in their quest for Promotion last season

Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason.

Think he could end up non league as he may well be seen by managers as someone who got lucky for a season and then got found out.

They could reason that if he is of good enough quality he would have spotted earlier in his career.

Not what I want to happen obviously but indo fear it is true.

In regards to his Non-League days wasnt that partly because he wanted to concentrate on his education (i.e. Getting a Uni Degree) before having a Football career?
  • Options
    I never rated him. Thought he would end up back in non league after last season as he performances were of that standard. I still think he will struggle in league 1 with orient.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

James Masters ‏@Masters_JamesD · 9h
    Heard that #lofc will complete the signing of former #cafc midfielder Bradley Pritchard on a free transfer tomorrow

Orient Charlton Reserves is an ideal move for Bradley, good luck to him.

• Options
    Good signing for them - wish them both well.
  • Options
    Good for brad, he will shine there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good signing for the O's if it happens. Really admire Bradley for the way he came in the professional game in his mid twenties. Forced his way into the League 1 championship winning side with some consistent performances and was MOM at Fulham away in the cup that season. Bit up and down in his displays the following season in Championship. Kind of lost his way last season struggled like a lot of his teammates to get any kind of consistency. Russell Slade would be the ideal manager to get him playing like the player from 2011/12 season. I wish him well as he always gave 100%.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, incredible set of lungs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Good luck to him, incredible set of lungs!

And big heart.

Proper team player.
  • Options
    I wish him well.
  • Options
    Great news for him if he does sign for Orient, one of my favourite players of the last few years.
  • Options
    Great set of lungs. Great personality. Great team player. Lightweight footballer. He'll struggle to make the O's midfield. Good luck though.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Great set of lungs. Great personality. Great team player. Lightweight footballer. He'll struggle to make the O's midfield. Good luck though.

If Wagstaff made the O's midfield then I have no doubts Pritchard can get a start!
  • Options
    Jarman said:

markmc68 said:

If Wagstaff made the O's midfield then I have no doubts Pritchard can get a start!
    Wagstaff only got 7 games for Orient
  • Options
    Don't get all this man love for Pritchard. Would have loved to have seen the responses on here had he been Belgian, or welsh for that matter.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Don't get all this man love for Pritchard. Would have loved to have seen the responses on here had he been Belgian, or welsh for that matter.

Well said. Poyet is a good player and gets abused; Pritchard isn't good enough and is adored. Odd.

• Options
    Also - Pritchard is a technically limited player who runs around a lot, and works very hard for the team. Is loved for it.

Church is a technically limited player who runs around a lot, and works very hard for the team. And is actually HATED by many on here.
  • Options

Also - Pritchard is a technically limited player who runs around a lot, and works very hard for the team. Is loved for it.

Church is a technically limited player who runs around a lot, and works very hard for the team. And is actually HATED by many on here.

Pritchard has had some decent games for us, and a midfielder with lots of energy and heart is a useful squad asset, whereas a non threatening striker who runs around a lot is less useful...