Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Costa Rica

Comments

• Options

cafc4life said:

I saw on twitter earlier some guy who had a fiver on Costa Rica to win all group games at 600/1. Bet he's nervous

I'm not a betting man but those seem like great odds for just three games.

Especially with dross like England in the group.
  • Options

I think with no pressure we'll probably win 2 or 3 nil

I thought very much the same. I shall not be watching the other game, because I am not Barry Backstabio. I am just an idiot.

Algarve, how long does it take you to paint your face in the morning and count the St George flags draped all over the villa?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

1988 euros?

Two years later we reached the semi finals of the world cup - so come on England euro 2016 here come...............ok perhaps not.
    Football bucket list -
    Watch Charlton at wembley - check
    See Charlton qualify for europe - ?
    See England play in a major final - ?

more chance of Charlton playing in europe i reckon

• Options

I'm pro Hodgson but I don't like the selection of Lampard. Apparently the fans out there are feeling pretty shortchanged by the team selection and I have a lot of sympathy with them.

Not looking forward to this at all.

Would feel the same, I'd much rather go the whole hog of youth than pick someone who will not play any more part in England's competitions IMHO. Lampard, pains me to say it, has looked amateur this year.. he's really not been with it. He may prove us wrong with a good performance today, but it's time for him to enjoy a lifestyle in America playing a much lower level than he is used to.

Milner, Jones, Smalling and co. make me cringe. Especially the latter two, Milner can be right used in the right setting, and that's not starting against Costa Rica IMHO.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

I saw on twitter earlier some guy who had a fiver on Costa Rica to win all group games at 600/1. Bet he's nervous

Especially with dross like England in the group.
    at a nominal 5/1 for each game £1 quid gets you £216
  • Options
    cafctom said:

JohnBoyUK said:

MrOneLung said:

1988 euros?

Did we lose all 3 group games in Euro 88? Cant for the life of me remember who we played now. Republic of Ireland, Holland and who was the other?

Soviet Union
    Blimey, dont remember that one at all. I must be getting old.

• Options

cafc4life said:

Definitely fake... Even if they were 5/1 to win each game (which is very generous) it would only return around 215/1
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Costa Rica would have been well over 5/1 to beat Uruguay and Italy.

Cameroon were 22/1 to beat Brazil yesterday.
  • Options
    I've seen the slip it was on I'll try find it again ina bit
  • Options
    England arrive for their final game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gonna watch Uruguay vs Italy.
  • Options
    Think Shaw is gonna get torn to shreads
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Saw that in paper today, he's a Scotland fan.

• Options
    Just popped out the office to collect something... a couple of the bars have a bit of a crowd in but the people walking in are just silent. No atmosphere just flat.

Imagine how we would all be feeling right now. stressing to get to the pub in time, hoping to get a good view of the screen.

It's really depressing.
  • Options
    Wiltshire playing his usual game, falling over all the time and losing the ball everytime he has it!
  • Options
    Our midfield does look slightly better without Gerrard and Henderson...
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Our midfield does look slightly better without Gerrard and Henderson...

Wiltshire playing his usual game, falling over all the time and losing the ball everytime he has it!

It'd look much better without Wilshere falling over every time he's touched and playing passes to no-one. :-)
  • Options
    Don't get the Wilshere hate, technically he's far better than the other two and set up a decent chance for Sturridge.
  • Options
    Just as bad as i was expecting. Wiltshire wouldn't get in any other team in this world cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looks shite again.
  • Options
    Since as long as I can remember we've never been as comfortable on the ball as the majority of other countries and that includes this current Costa Rica team. I cannot for the life of me understand why and what goes wrong in the journey from a kid kicking around in the park to international football.
  • Options
    Wilshere should've been on his toes there...
  • Options
    And Chris Smalling is doing nothing to change my opinion of him here.
  • Options

And Chris Smalling is doing nothing to change my opinion of him here.

I disagree... I can now see that he is an extremely smart and capable Sunday league player
  • Options
    Lambert should be playing with Sturridge, it's not rocket science
  • Options
    Has this commentator been told to big up England because i must be watching a different game to him. Our distribution is staggeringly bad.
  • Options
    Nice play from Wilshere there
  • Options
    Wilshere and Lampard our two best players at the moment.

The Barkley love-in is a bit dull now, has no passing range at all.